MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:40:05 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by The Fuzz
A grey, winterish looking sky.......along with some leaves blowing by at NASCAR speeds.

on: Today at 11:26:15 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
Just.....mud :o

on: Today at 10:24:28 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
I sent emails to Stabenow and Peters thanking them for thinking about the country rather than Schumer and Burbin desires to destroy it.

on: Today at 10:16:29 AM 
Started by excelsior - Last post by blue2
Apparently a lot of incriminating evidence in the texts and emails that it's easier to say they lost them than to produce them.. Trump needs to fire Sessions if he doesn't move and this pretty soon.

on: Today at 09:28:00 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
The spruce yards in the front yard are dancing in the wind. 

All our snow is gone.

Temp in the mid 30s but sounds like they're going to be working their way down!

on: Today at 09:10:51 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Lets hope not!   That was looking really dated.   It looks like that was probably at least the second "look" for the building based on what was underneath.   Looks like it got expanded at least a couple times and I imagine that cedar shake look was to tie the last additions in.   I imagine its getting that stucco over foam treatment that is popular now.

That's what it looks like to me too.  They had a big crew working yesterday taking advantage of the nice weather. 

on: Today at 09:10:11 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by halo_girl
Interesting read in yesterdays paper -   someone bought the building at 10 W First -  talking about puting 10-20 million into it??       That will be some project

"The plans for downtown don’t stop at 10 W. First. Over the next five or so years, Philbeck and his group hope to invest between $10 million and $20 million in downtown Monroe."

on: Today at 09:03:54 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Interesting read in yesterdays paper -   someone bought the building at 10 W First -  talking about puting 10-20 million into it??       That will be some project

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180122/taking-chance-on-downtown-monroe

I don't know Mr. Philbeck but I am familiar with the building.  Although it's far from 'new' it is newer than most of the buildings surrounding it.  It has quite a bit of frontage in an are where many of the buildings were quite narrow.  I'm guessing maybe there was a fire in that are many years ago and this was the replacement building. 

Seems like one downfall was no elevator.

on: January 22, 2018, 11:02:31 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H

on: January 22, 2018, 08:04:54 PM 
Started by excelsior - Last post by excelsior

The FBI appears to have been inflicted by the same document preservation issue that struck the IRS.

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/21/fbi-failed-preserve-anti-trump-texts/

Jeff Sessions seems to be willing to unleash the NSA's domestic intelligence collection capability.

Justice Dept. to leave 'no stone unturned' to find texts
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/politics/article/Justice-Dept-to-leave-no-stone-unturned-to-12516312.php

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10