MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:25:30 AM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by Tiny
Penn Jillette explains working with Trump on Celebrity Apprentice.

Penn Jillette on Donald Trump, “However bad you think he is, he’s worse”

on: Today at 12:16:37 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Maverick
union

on: March 26, 2017, 11:51:37 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by The Fuzz
Nobody is contending whether you or said "it wasn't fuckedup before him," what I took issue with was said you are “losing confidence in him,” but how do you lose something or in somebody that wasn’t there in the first place? 

If you had confidence in him from beginning I suppose you would have voted that way but it doesn’t matter. 

The government is dysfunctional but he's not cause of it, the Democrats have stalled appointments through parliamentary procedures and blocked his executive orders, leaked information and he’s only 60 days in office that's all I'm saying.

i didnt vote for obama in the first or second election, but had some confidence that based on his platform for Change that it somewhat inspired me with hope.  He failed, and i see trump walking down that same opinion path with me.

yup....60 days, im making a projection, just like i do when i meet someone.  i form an opinion of someone when i meet them within 5 minutes, and am generally right 89% of the time.  I want to be wrong about this one, but gut instinct tells me differently.

The Twitter feeds - it's brilliant! He bypasses the twisting and whitewash lies the Fake News have done to all Republicans for as long I remember. They cannot easily mold their own narratives to his words without being called out on it.

I see the merit after blue pointed out about the media obstruction, but sorry, I'm old fashioned and see Tweeter as a childish thing.  I don't use it, or Facebook......I see it as a kids thing that takes up time for real face to face communication.

on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:23 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by Tim Heiss
Trumps proposed budget had deep cuts in various agencies such as the State Department, Education Department, EPA etc. etc. It's a wonderful thing. However, predictably, the various
special interests are in an uproar! Michigan might lose $ 40 million for improvements to the Great Lakes. Can't have that. Well if I live in Texas, Utah etc. etc. why should my tax dollars
improve the Great Lakes when we don't have a dog in that hunt. Why shouldn't the states surrounding the Great Lakes pay for it? Well conversely, I'm sure there are federal tax dollars going to those states for their various projects. So the Great Lakes states will say if we don't get ours you shouldn't get yours. Then they'll get together, hash it out, and the bottom line
is everybody will get theirs, and the will be no spending cuts. Every spending line in the budget has a constituency and by God our "honorable" reps. are going to make sure we get ours! And so it goes. Nothing changes. The spending goes on and the country continues it's fiscal slide into oblivion.
John, if everything is based on not "having a dog in the hunt" then why should my tax dollars go to helping disabled veterans. I mean I'm not a disabled veteran so why should I care about them.

That is the logic you are using and in my opinion it's wrong.

The Great Lakes is the drinking water source for over 40 million people. That's more than 10% of all Americans.

Now maybe if we held accountable those corporations who had their hand in polluting the water in the first place, the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative wouldn't be needed.

But we can't have that now can we?

on: March 26, 2017, 10:37:44 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by whispers
The argument is that even those libertarian "freedom" idiots didn't realize now that they just supported the Democrats and Planned Parenthood - keeping the status quo after running elections on repealing and replacing.   

Once they finally end the senate fillibuster rules - things will go back to normal and you'll see legislation progress.    The fact that the house of rep was more worried about "will it pass the senate rules" was absurd.     

What I liked was Trump saying your with us or your against us...    Time to move on to other issues if they want to keep Obamacare.

I was torn on the vote Professor .... I understand your message though. But the RHINOS brought this upon themselves. Decades after decades of lies and mistrust and mistreatment of the conservative faction doesn't beget trust on something DJ Trump campaign on such a repealing Obama Care. That is a train wreck, we can all agree on.

Retired US Congressman John Dingell said himself the OBama Care was intended to "control" the people. He said nothing about caring for senior citizens, it was all about controlling. Professor Gruber the author of Obama Care said rather arrogantly the American people were stupid and the Obama Care was designed to fail.

Nancy Pelosi told the American citizens law makers had to pass the law to know what's in it. Obama told the American citizens you could your doctors and the lies went on and on.

Couple all that mistrust with Ryan trying to pull a fast one with his secret version of Obama Care makeover with lipstick and perfume and we see how far that got him.

The people who elected DJ Trump weren't just RHINOS. They were Independents, Democrats and Conservatives and the RHINOs were lending too much support on that train either, but surely jumped aboard the party boat after the election.

Paul Ryan has given much of his party and the Independents little in way of confidence and especially after (pardon the analogy) he attempted to sell a junk used car with "new car smell," and expected everyone to see as he does.   

I do believe we will see a health care law pass in the near future that will include repealing Obama Care though.

on: March 26, 2017, 10:30:08 PM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by CatLady
dues

on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:36 PM 
The faces change but the shitte is always the same in DC.,

That's right a skunk, is a skunk.

on: March 26, 2017, 10:23:39 PM 
If we had term limits politicians might vote more toward the will of the people. Or they might take as many bribes as possible knowing they won't be there long..
I don't think we'll ever get a good deal anymore

Crimes are like heartburns they never go away. Bribery is a crime whether they are in office or leave office. The problem is who among the law makers sitting in judgment on the various committee's have similar skeletons to hide and not going to look real hard for fear of uncovering their dirty little secrets?

on: March 26, 2017, 10:20:20 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by whispers
Having a town hall on Fox right now. Lib comes out talking how Trump isn't qualified to be President. OK. If I were there I would ask her what she thought were the qualifications of Obama to be President. Maybe someone in the forum has the answer.

Seems to me the biggest shill con game ever played on the American people was by the DNC and Democrat party for holding Obama up on a mantle as some shinning example of brilliance. Nobody has ever seen college transcripts and yet, people demand to see DJ Trumps taxes, nobody has ever questioned those siblings of Obama in Kenya, and yet, they want to continue this dog and pony circus side show of a fishing expedition. Something is seriously screwed with the DEMOCRAT party.

on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:41 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by whispers
How is it good for the country to possibly let the Obama Administration get away with those kind of abuses?

If they did this, or leaked any of the information, it needs to get out.

Maybe it is time to stop the "legal" spying on citizens within our borders.

How is good for the country to let Obama get away with those kinds of abuses? Because of cowardly people working and worshiping at the feet and alter of and for a party and not the people. I agree, we the people have a need and right to know who, when, where this occurred and why.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10