MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: July 27, 2017, 11:57:17 PM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Maverick
open

on: July 27, 2017, 11:42:56 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
The police willbe able to estimate the speed of the F150.
The one vehicle I've learned not to pull out in front of on the country roads is a motorcycle when it looks to be 1/4 mile of more down the road.  A good share of them exceed the speed limit quite often

It's 55 there isn't it?  Probably was going 65....

I'll tell you where the Monroe County Sheriff could make a bundle if they did it right...  Rauch Road, between Lewis and Telegraph east bound and westbound.  Speed limit is 45.  people run 60 all the time.  Iv'e seen the sheriff sit down by Telegraph but he only ever gets one at a time.  What they need to do is have a radar car on the side of the road at one of the cross roads and catch cars at Telegraph and Lewis.  They'd make a killing.

I'd love to be a speed cop.  They'd have to issue me citation books in quantity.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:35:42 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
I came real close to getting in a wreck the other day.  Was coming off Petersburg Road turning right onto M50 and the car approaching the intersection on 50 had it's right turn signal on.  I pulled out and almost got rear ended.  Looked in my mirror to see a pissed gal yacking on a cell phone...

SOP for me is watching wheel rotation to determine if a vehicle is slowing down but I could not see her wheels from where I was sitting.

Probably driving with her signal on for miles and wasn't aware of it.  Too busy jawing on the phone.  Was close.

People drive way too fast.  Typically on Telegraph I set the cruise at 57 and get tailgated and blown off the road all the time.  I know gas is cheap but I like seeing that 40 mpg on the fuel readout.... and that is with the ac on.  Never had a car (especially a Ford) that got that kind of mileage.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:32:24 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
John..  You are getting a tad old for that stuff.  Just so long as we don't meet at Beks or whatever the name of that place was, all is good with me.  I still remember how bad the food was...

Is it still in business?

D

I've still got one good run in me. Beek's not a chance. The food was as bad as you remember.
Look forward to seeing you. Maybe I can talk you into catering the first event? Actually it will be a weekly Saturday morning event with coffee and maybe some donuts.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:24:43 PM 
Started by voter - Last post by SidecarFlip
Next hunt we go on, my friend from Maine will fly into Detroit and he will have a firearm with him.  Shouldn't be an issue though in as much as he's retired Federal Customs.  he knows the 'in's and out's'.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:21:19 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by SidecarFlip
John..  You are getting a tad old for that stuff.  Just so long as we don't meet at Beks or whatever the name of that place was, all is good with me.  I still remember how bad the food was...

Is it still in business?

on: July 27, 2017, 11:16:51 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
Sounds to me you're still full of it. :o

Baby Hitler, you need some ex-lax.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:15:46 PM 
I agree....it's all in fun and differing opinions are one of those things to be expected in life.

I was, and still am behind Trump to succeed in making changes to the establishment and was hoping for a vision of reduced government/bureaucracy size.  He has this one annoying characteristic that annoys me with people like him in general.....makes things all about him.  I've grown tired of him making himself a victim......the political overtones at the Boy Scout Jamboree just pushed me over the edge as far as insistence of making every single thing about himself or his family.

I understand his frustration.....the media, the Democrats, and even members of his own party work to discredit each and every move he makes.

I can also accept flamboyance and cockiness........but there has to be some results behind it to make it credible.

From what I see, he's actually playing to fronts at one time.  The public twitter front and the behind the scenes front.  He's getting stuff done all the time.  problem is, the media only picks up on the negative aspects.

I will admit that he does some shall I say, off the wall things but then Donald was always a bit off the wall...  Like Kid Rock.  I bet kid Rock trounces Stabenow.  I know he has my vote just because Stabenow is a dinosaur.  Stabenow, Kaptur, Debbie Dingel, and the ditz from Maine all need to get on the magic bus out of town, along with Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi.  None of those political has been's care about the people.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:10:51 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Oh, and for guests to the forum, I'll provide you with the information on the time and date via the forum.

on: July 27, 2017, 11:08:04 PM 
That is all good and fine.

However - when what he says and done is absolutely idiotic - that makes him an IDIOT.

Tell me you have never acted like an idiot......and I'll tell you, you are a liar.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10