MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Voter fraud - does it happen or just another conspiracy theory

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Voter fraud - does it happen or just another conspiracy theory  (Read 4131 times)

old salt

• Hero Talker

From the article:

I am a documentary filmmaker, a Democrat. During the 2008 primaries, I was asked by a former congressional investigator to watch for and document any voter fraud occurring in the Democratic Party caucuses. Complaints had been filed, claims that Hillary Clinton had won the popular vote but lost the caucus vote.

What I witnessed in Texas — and later in many other states — were things I could never forgive.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obamas-electioneers-documentary-to-reveal-the-extent-of-2008-voter-fraud/
What Government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms, and killing people.  It's not good at much else.

Tom Clancy

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: Voter fraud - does it happen or just another conspiracy theory
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »

I wanted to believe this this article until I got to this part.

In El Paso, at a 13-delegate precinct, Obama supporters attempted to award him 19 delegates.

Since the delegate portion is decided by the actual party, this would be impossible for that precinct to do. At least for me that is what discredits the article, though I am sure that at least to a small extent, voter fraud does exist, and it always will.

The way it claims caucuses were 'stolen' as well, just isn't possible since more people than voted could not caucus as you have to have proof that you voted earlier in the day to be allowed into the caucus.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:50:07 PM by Collegekid »
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Mike Ingels

• Hero Talker
    • Expatriate Monroe
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »

This is actually a very good topic - and not just for the Democratic Party.

I have always had the belief that if we had a straight up vote among Democrats - and even everyone who chose to vote Democratic - in 2008 that Hillary Clinton would have beaten Barack Obama.

Before I go any further, I think that Clinton was irresponsible in not being prepared for a death match struggle for every single delegate with Obama.  So, she was ultimately responsible for losing.

But the Democratic Party does allocate a certain number of delegates for people who are under age 30, Democrats from underrepresented minority groups like African-Americans and Latinos.  There are also special provisions for women and elected officials.

Then, of course, places like Florida and Michigan were not allowed to participate.

And, of course, states with large industrial/manufacturing populations don't vote until relatively late in the process.

So, we end up with a process that is not very reflective of the Democratic Party as a whole.

This is why otherwise Democratic states like West Virginia, Louisiana and Arkansas almost never vote for the Democratic Party in general elections.

It is also why Barack Obama was able to eke out a victory against Hillary Clinton.

Why does it matter?

Well, we've just had two years in which Obama has not been able to effectively manage large Democratic majorities in the House and Senate.  Some of this is because Obama is ineffective.  But some of it is also because the process by which he was selected as party standard-bearer was not terribly reflective of the party.

I do NOT think that anything much illegal happened during the process.  A caucus is a messy affair.  And there will be arm-twisting and wrangling and horse-trading.  Dennis Kucinich, for instance, urged his delegates to go for Obama during the Iowa Caucus.  Obama would probably not have won that caucus without that little piece of politicing.  And Obama would probably not be president now without his Iowa win.

But there is a reason why Democrats tend to nominate weak candidates.
The world is basically good.

sawdust

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »

I have no idea what the facts are, and frankly, couldn't care less.   Political parties are NOT public governments, and are only governed by a few laws and regulations.  How or why they select candidates are entirely up to them.   Why folks are attempting to hold parties to the same ethical level as our elected governments is something I fail to understand. 

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:22:25 PM »

Mostly, voting is fair.  Some places have problems from both sides, unethical, but not usually illegal.
The issue of electronic voting machines is different.  They are verifiable and proven to be EASILY hacked.  Most don't even record individual votes, just a computer tally that can be manipulated before, during,. or after a vote. with no way to check in any way.
Some places had thousand more votes cast than the amount registered to vote, and all elections are a smaller percentage of all registered voters.

THe kind that we use apparently the machines that tabulate can be hacked, but we have a paper backup to fall back on for verification to assure integrity.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »

I've always wondered if Bush rigged the election(s)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »

From ABC News in Cincinnati:

CINCINNATI - The Hamilton County Board of Elections is investigating 19 possible cases of alleged voter fraud following months of investigation after the 2012 election.

Twenty-eight subpoenas have been issued as a result of the investigation, which includes 19 Hamilton County voters and nine witnesses who still need to answer questions to satisfy the board.

The board started with 80 suspicious cases and now are down to 19. Officials say the majority of the cases turned out to be simple misunderstandings.

Melowese Richardson, a Madisonville resident, first learned of the allegations when approached by 9 On Your Side reporter Tom McKee Wednesday. Even though she admits to voting twice in the last election, she said the news came as surprise.

"I would think that something this important would come to me first and that I wouldn't have to be enlightened about this through you," said Richardson.

According to county documents, Richardson's absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time.

"There's absolutely no intent on my part to commit voter fraud," said Richardson.

According to BOE records, her name appeared on an absentee ballot list prior to Election Day. The board's report states poll workers should have updated the signature poll book by flagging "absentee voter" next to the names of those who appeared on the list. Upon investigation it was found that  none of the voters who appeared on the list were flagged, which included Richardson. The staff could not locate that supplemental list when asked.

Richardson voted at the Madisonville Recreation Center where she worked as a paid worker on Election Day.

She has worked the polls since 1988. Richardson said in her youth she would accompany her mother, who also worked at the polls, even thought she wasn't old enough to vote at the time.

"I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count. So, I voted. I voted at the poll," she said.

The board's documents also state that Richardson was allegedly disruptive and hid things from other poll workers on Election Day after another female worker reported she was intimated by Richardson.

However, Richardson claims she was the one intimidated while doing her job.

"I think I was intimidated because she's new and wasn't doing her job very efficiently and like I said, I've been working the pools for several years. I let her know how it should have been taken care of," said Richardson.

During the investigation it was also discovered that her granddaughter, India Richardson, who was a first time voter in the 2012 election, cast two ballots in November.

Documents show when India was contacted on Jan. 17 concerning the two ballots, she denied voting absentee.

She stated, "No, my grandmother filled that out and voted my ballot because she didn't think I would go do it, but I did. I voted provisionally at my polling place on Election Day," according to the report.

Richardson admitted to sending one of her granddaughter's ballots in the mail.

"I did let her know that I was getting the absentee ballot for her and sending it in. I had to get her Social Security number for that. I assumed she forgot or was just excited and she went to the polls herself," said Richardson.

Another claim is absentee ballots for Montez Richardson, Joseph Jones and Markus Barron all came from Richardson's Whetsel Avenue address were received by the board the same time as Richardson's and the handwriting on all four of them was similar.

"Markus Barron lives here. Joseph Jones is my brother. He's here from time-to-time. I am Montez's power-of-attorney. I voted for her in her absence," said Richardson.

She said she thought all of the votes were legal. The matter may still wind up before the Hamilton County prosecutor.

"Have they never heard of a simple mistake? Have they never heard of overlooking? Mailing in a ballot or registering to vote at a precinct after you've forgotten that you mailed in a ballot?" said Richardson.

Two hearings will take place on Feb. 15 and Feb. 22 where those accused will have a chance to speak. Richardson's case will be heard on Feb. 22 and she says it's far from over.

"Absolutely. Absolutely, I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States."
To view all possible fraud cases linked to last year's election visit http://media2.wcpo.com/pdfs/Fraud.pdf.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_central_cincinnati/downtown/Poll-worker-accused-of-voter-fraud-in-Hamilton-County-speaks-out#ixzz2KKCAP8Tt

WOW . . . just . . . wow. . . :-( . .
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »

From Duluth News Tribune: 

ST PETER, Minn. -- Margaret Schneider will tell you life hasn’t been easy lately.

She uses a walker to get around her small St. Peter apartment, can’t stand for long periods of time and readily admits she’s a victim of senior moments. Schneider, 86, has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and dementia is one of her symptoms.

She’s also easily stressed, which became apparent while she discussed with the Mankato Free Press the letter she received recently from the Nicollet County Attorney’s Office. It told her she’s been charged with a felony for voting twice during the 2012 primary election.

Schneider doesn’t deny the allegation. She realizes now, after talking with St. Peter police detective Travis Sandland, that she did vote twice. She voted once with an absentee ballot on July 13 and again at her polling place Aug. 14.

It had been awhile and I didn’t even remember," Schneider said. "I was shocked to death because I thought my absentee ballot was for the president."

Schneider’s daughter, Eva Moore, signed the absentee ballot as a witness.

Sandland’s report pointed out that the letters "A.B." were next to Schneider’s name in the voter roster book. Those letters show that an absentee ballot already had been cast, so Moore is wondering why the election judge didn’t stop Schneider before she signed the book and voted.

"That’s what I told Travis when he told us about this," Moore said. "Who is in the wrong? The election judges for not checking or my mom?"

Schneider agreed."I think if I’m convicted, they should be convicted too. They knew I had voted already, so they shouldn’t have let me vote."

Michelle Zehnder Fischer, Nicollet County attorney, doesn’t comment on specific criminal cases. In general, though, she said in all cases when she is notified about a possible voter fraud incident she is required to have it investigated. If there is probable cause to show a crime occurred, she is required by state law to prosecute.

"Normally in criminal cases we have the ability to use discretion," Fischer said.

She also said she could be required to forfeit her office if she doesn’t follow the law.

Moore said Sandland told her and her mother that investigators dug through statutes dating to the 1800s in an effort to get around charging Schneider. Sandland couldn’t be reached for comment.

"He was very polite about it," Moore said. "He said he was sorry."

Beth Fraser, director of government affairs for Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, said Fischer’s description of the voter fraud law is accurate.

It falls under statute 201.275, which says a county attorney who has been "notified by affidavit" of a voter fraud violation is required to investigate and -- if there is any evidence found -- prosecute.

The statute also says: "A county attorney who refuses or intentionally fails to faithfully perform this or any other duty imposed by this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall forfeit office."

Fischer said she doesn’t remember who notified her about Schneider.

Bills are moving through the state Senate and House that would change the wording of the law so prosecutors have more discretion, Fraser said. The new bills would change the law so county attorneys can prosecute based on American Bar Association standards, which are used for other criminal cases.

Moore’s concerns about the fact her mother was allowed to vote are also valid, Fraser said. The purpose for adding the "A.B." to the voting roster is to remind people when they’ve already voted with an absentee ballot.

"The election judges are supposed to see that and stop her," Fraser said. "That’s why it’s there."

Schneider is scheduled to make her first appearance for the felony charge April 2. She’s doesn’t plan to have an attorney with her.

"I don’t need one," she said. "I did my civic duty. I’ve always voted. I have ever since I’ve been old enough.

"It was a mistake. I didn’t realize I had voted absentee until this all came out. It’s driving me crazy. I just wish it was all over with."

Moore said her mother won’t have to worry about getting a ride to the courthouse so she can face the judge. She plans to be at her mother’s side.

"I have to take her, of course, and she’ll be shaking like a leaf," she said. "It’s going to driver her nuts. I hope she doesn’t pass out.

"I think it’s kind of silly. There are a lot worse things to worry about out there. That’s just my opinion."

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/260732/group/homepage/

Although I feel sorry for this woman the problem is that she did violate the law.  I don't believe that she should be put in jail or even made to pay a fine.  But . . . . what do you do when someone violates the law? 

The question of why did the folks at the polling place not stop her are valid.  However we don't know that they did not tell her she had already been sent a ballot and that she had told them, "yes, I got it but did not send it in".  Imagine had they "stopped" her . . . wow . . talk about a "cry" on a voting rights violation.  She should have been aware that she sent the ballot in. 

In terms of her daughter feeling this is "silly" and there are "worse" things to worry about . . . . smh . . . sorry . . . but I believe committing fraud ranks up pretty high in the list of offenses that one can commit.  It violates the foundation of our Republic. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:54 AM »

From NY Daily News: 

An Ohio nun was charged with voter fraud for casting an absentee ballot in the 2012 presidential election that belonging to a fellow sister who had died, authorities have said.

Sister Marguerite Kloos, 54, allegedly voted both under her own name and under the name of Sister Rose Marie Hewitt, who had passed away a more than a month before last November's poll.

Kloos, of Delhi Township, faces up to 18 months in prison after being charged with illegal voting.

She reportedly quit her job as dean of the Division of Arts and Humanities at Cincinnati’s College of Mount St. Joseph's and intends to plead guilty to the charge, reports the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Two others have also been charged with voter fraud, after an investigation carried out by the Hamilton County Board of Elections'.

Russell Glassop, 75, allegedly voted on behalf of his dead wife. Long-time poll worker Melowese Richardson, 58, has been charged with eight counts of illegal voting

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters told the Enquirer: "Elections are a serious business and the foundation of our democracy."

"Individual votes may not seem important, but this could not be further from the truth," Deters added, before revealing three additional cases are still being investigated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ohio-nun-charged-illegal-double-voting-article-1.1285921#ixzz2NKn684dC

A nun, really.  SMH. 

It seems Ohio has been cleaning up voter rolls and finding other incidents of voter fraud according to the Columbus Dispatch which reported in October 2012:

Three Franklin County residents face felony charges of voter fraud after the Board of Elections reported that they had voted more than once in a past election.

Each was indicted yesterday by a Franklin County grand jury on one count of illegal voting. They are accused of voting twice by casting absentee ballots under slightly different names.

Those indicted are:

• Dominique Atkins, 38, of 1532 Barnes Drive E. on the Northeast Side, who is accused of casting a second ballot on Oct. 25, 2010, under the name Dominque Atkins.

• Debbie L. Tingler, 50, of 533 Hunt Valley Dr., Reynoldsburg, who is accused of casting a second ballot on Feb. 27, 2008, under the name Deborah L. Tingler.

• Marian Wilson, 47, of 1922 Kendall Place, Grove City, who is accused of casting a second ballot on Sept. 29, 2010, under the name Marian Toles.

Elections officials working to clean up the voter-registration rolls this summer uncovered the irregularities.

In each case, the voter requested, received and returned absentee ballots in both names, an official in the board’s petitions and filings department said.

Illegal voting is a fourth-degree felony, which can result in up to 18 months in prison for a conviction. But under sentencing reforms that took effect last year, convictions for such offenses bring a sentence of probation if they are non-violent.

Elections officials said they last referred cases of suspected double voting to the prosecutor in 2007 and 2009, with both resulting in convictions.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/10/17/3-people-indicted-for-felony-vote-fraud.html

Makes you wonder what would happen if voting rolls were checked throughout the United States how many violations would be found?  IMO, this strengthens the case for a better system of checks - yes (IMO) we need a national voter ID. 

Other cases of alleged voter fraud from recent elections include (more at the link below): 

03.04.2013 – Judge admits Evidence in Alleged Voter Fraud Case (Indiana)

02.22.2013 – Felon’s “I Voted Early” Sticker leads to Arrest, Fraud Charges (FL)

02.14.2013 – Plea Deal in Indiana Democrat Political Operative Voter Fraud Case

02.07.2013 – Willmar (MN) Student Faces Felony Charges for Voting both from Home and College Precincts in 2012

02.05.2013 – 28 Subpoenas issued in Hamilton County, Ohio Voter Fraud Investigation

01.18.2013 – WI Felon Charged with Voter Fraud

01.14.2013 – Vote Fraud Charges Expected in Ohio.

12.20.2012 – County Worker in NJ Sentenced to 5 Years for Voter Fraud in Conspiracy Case

12.20.2012 – MA Lawmaker (Member of Elections Committee) Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

12.14.2012 – Prosecutor: SEIU Organizer Committed Voter Fraud in WI

12.05.2012 – Fraud Allegations Mar Mayor’s Race in Orange Cove, CA

12.01.2012 – Voter Fraud Investigation Prompts New Calls for Voter ID Law in WI

11.29.2012 – Cottage Grove (MN) Police Investigating Voter Impersonation Fraud

11.26.2012 – Voter Fraud Found in Mower County, Minnesota – Update: Non-citizens voted

11.24.2012 – Former Morrisville, NC Councilwoman Found Guilty of Voter Fraud

11.23.2012 – Iowa Secretary of State Expects more Voter Fraud Arrests (see below). 

11.23.2012 – Over 500 Non-Citizens Removed from Colorado Voter Rolls After Investigation

11.21.2012 – Clinton, LA Police Investigating 115 Cases of Voter Fraud (13% of Total in the Small Town)

11.21.2012 – Indiana Sheriff’s Department Employees Investigated, Charged for Voter Fraud

11.20.2012 – East Longmeadow, MA Selectman & Candidate for State Rep. in Court on Voter Fraud Charges

http://www.electionintegritywatch.com/be-informed/news-stories/

From the Globe Gazette: 

DES MOINES (AP) — Iowa's top elections administrator is vowing to continue to ferret out fraud and to push lawmakers for a voter ID law.

Secretary of State Matt Schultz says the voter fraud cases resulting in arrests so far are only the beginning.

Three more cases involving a Bosnian citizen living in Clive and two Canadians who were living in Shenandoah were announced on Wednesday. They are charged with election fraud for registering and voting in Iowa without U.S. citizenship.

Two Canadian citizens and a citizen of Mexico and two convicted felons who allegedly registered to vote also have been charged.

Schultz says it's likely more arrests will come as the Iowa Criminal Investigation Division works through a list of more than 1,200 people he believes registered to vote without citizenship.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/secretary-of-state-expects-more-voter-fraud-arrests/article_dfec944c-351b-11e2-98cc-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:45:44 AM by Will Sweat »

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »

Voters swearing under oath that they are U.S. Citizens does not appear to be working very well.

NBC2 Investigates: Voter fraud

Illegal Aliens, Non-Citizens Caught Voting In Florida In Vast Numbers

Two elections supervisors are taking action after an NBC2 investigation uncovers flawed record keeping and human error allowing people who are not citizens of the United States to vote.

No one knows how widespread this problem is, because county election supervisors have no way to track non-citizens who live here.

So NBC2 did something election officials never thought to do, and found them on our own.

"I vote every year," Hinako Dennett told NBC2.

The Cape Coral resident is not a US citizen, yet she's registered to vote.

NBC2 found Dennett after reviewing her jury excusal form. She told the Clerk of Court she couldn't serve as a juror because she wasn't a U.S. citizen.

We found her name, and nearly a hundred others like her, in the database of Florida registered voters.

Naples resident Yvonne Wigglesworth is also a not a citizen, but is registered to vote. She claims she doesn't know how she got registered.

"I have no idea. I mean, how am I supposed to know."

Records show Wigglesworth voted six times in elections dating back eleven years.

"I know you cannot vote before you become a citizen, so I never tried to do anything like that," Samuel Lincoln said.

He isn't a U.S. citizen either, but the Jamaican national says he doesn't know how he ended up registered to vote.

"It's their mistake, not mine," said Lincoln.

We obtained a copy of his 2007 voter registration application. It's clearly shows he marked U.S. citizen.

"This is under oath, that document, they are attesting that it is true and by falsifying, it's a third degree felony," said Tim Durham, Collier County's chief elections supervisor.

County supervisors of elections tell me they have no way to verify citizenship. Under the 1992 Motor Voter Law, they're not required to ask for proof.

"We have no policing authority. We don't have any way of bouncing that information off any other database that would give us that information," said Lee County Supervisor of Elections Sharon Harrington.

NBC2: Does that need to change??
Harrington: "I think it needs to be looked at."

Until that happens, the only way supervisors of elections can investigate voter fraud is if they get a tip.
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"What vitiates entirely the socialists economic critique of capitalism is their failure to grasp the sovereignty of the consumers in the market economy." ~ Ludwig von Mises

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”  ~ Socrates

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 10:35:10 AM »

It's gotten to the point in this country that I don't trust anyone.  Once the vote goes into the computer it's gone and easily manipulated.  There is to much money at stake for the politicians. 
And I am one that is not in favor of allowing people to vote weeks and months ahead of time.
Everyone votes on the designated election day.  That's the way it always was and more people voted then than they do now.  We've seen how election boards hide, loose, or forget about absentee ballots they have collect.  It happens all the time,

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

It's gotten to the point in this country that I don't trust anyone.  Once the vote goes into the computer it's gone and easily manipulated.  There is to much money at stake for the politicians. 
And I am one that is not in favor of allowing people to vote weeks and months ahead of time.
Everyone votes on the designated election day.  That's the way it always was and more people voted then than they do now.  We've seen how election boards hide, loose, or forget about absentee ballots they have collect.  It happens all the time,

I agree with that.

Everyone votes the same day - unless you are HANDICAPPED or our of town - then you can vote Absentee.

Everyone gets the same amount of pre-election run-up.

Everyone gets the same information.

Everyone stands in the same lines.

1 day.  Done.

Less time for people to play games.

If the lines are too long - talk to your local clerk about opening more polling stations.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Hearshear

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »

I think voting days should be Sundays. I know it would drive up the cost of the election marginally, yet I believe voter participation would be greater than weekday voting. We should all want larger voter participation regardless of political party.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »

Voting ahead of time only opens a system up for fraud.
We already saw how a comedian in Minnesota was elected from the very fraud,
as the election official drove around with ballots in her car  8*

I think voting days should be Sundays. I know it would drive up the cost of the election marginally, yet I believe voter participation would be greater than weekday voting. We should all want larger voter participation regardless of political party.

Might run into a little problem from the clergy on that - but I always thought it should be a "national holiday" - for those who actually vote!   What better way to get more participation  (Vote and you get the day off...   and for those in critical jobs - you get the day on a different day)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »

Woman Votes Multiple Times in Election 2012 but Denies Voter Fraud!

It appears that eight months is enough time for someone convicted of four counts of voter fraud in Ohio. 

Judge releases election official incarcerated on voter fraud

http://thecincinnatiherald.com/news/2014/mar/13/judge-releases-election-official-incarcerated-vote/

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph T. Deters says Melowese Richardson, 59, who was serving a five-year prison term after being convicted of voter fraud last May, has served enough time and released her on March 12.

Richardson previously plead no contest to four counts of illegal voting, a felony charge, on May 28, 2013, in front of Hamilton County Judge Robert Ruehlman. Ruehlman sentenced her to five years in prison on July 17, 2013.

Richardson admitted to illegally voting in 2009, 2011 and 2012.
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"What vitiates entirely the socialists economic critique of capitalism is their failure to grasp the sovereignty of the consumers in the market economy." ~ Ludwig von Mises

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”  ~ Socrates
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up