MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 241   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 122495 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3075 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:37 PM »

Mr Evans made a mistake when a law changed the timelines to put an issue on the ballot -   quite different from this case of accepting petitions after a deadline - as well as the issue of circulation of one with the wrong date.   

one was a stupid mistake - the other actions in the story above are criminal in intent.

Actually I was referring to the time that Charlie put out petitions without having the applicant fill in the office they were running for, people signed blank petitions, and then after they were turned in Charlie asked them if they were running for Mayor or Council.

The law clearly stipulates that the petitions must be filled out when they are pulled, before they are out for signature.

I guess that law didn't apply to Charlies friend who didn't know what they wanted to run for.  Why pull two petitions - right?

I remember the time that you are referring to.  No big deal.  Monroe only had to go to court to have a ballot with names on them - because Charlie didn't bother knowing how to do his job.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3076 on: March 23, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »

I wonder how long before the Senate rules are changed - since Schumer has pre-determined any vote on a Supreme Court Justice will be for naught as he will fillibuster...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3077 on: March 24, 2017, 02:06:12 PM »

I wonder if City Council would like to mow my lawn and trim my trees too?

I'm sure the "beauty" of the neighborhood would appreciate them doing what I am supposed to do.

They don't pay taxes to the city - and now we mow their lawn.

Ridiculous.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170323/new-agreement-to-make-w-elm-ave-path-scenic-vista
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3078 on: March 24, 2017, 03:15:30 PM »

I wonder how long before the Senate rules are changed - since Schumer has pre-determined any vote on a Supreme Court Justice will be for naught as he will fillibuster...

The RHINOS are already discussing the nuclear option that Harry Reid (Democrat) used to pass an Obama appointee and I believe that will happen especially Schumer goes ahead with fillibuster.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3079 on: March 24, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »

Our representatives still looking out for us!

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3080 on: March 24, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »

Our representatives still looking out for us!

The majority are yes.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #3081 on: March 24, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »

The JFK speech that warned us about what is happening today in Education. 1963

https://www.facebook.com/beingliberal.org/videos/638467186337149/
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #3082 on: March 24, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »

The speech that got JFK killed! 
The speech no one ever got to hear.

https://www.facebook.com/DeprogramYourself/videos/1672761779710096/
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3083 on: March 24, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »

I am happy that there are enough Republicans out there that don't want to vote for Obama-care Lite that it got scuttled for now.

Now they need to REPEAL it - and worry about the Constitutional things they can do to improve healthcare later.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3084 on: March 24, 2017, 06:04:18 PM »

Repeal obamacare and get the hell out of the medical insurance business.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3085 on: March 24, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »

I like Trump's attitude about it...  I said my piece so now man up or get out.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3086 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:16 PM »

Repeal obamacare and get the hell out of the medical insurance business.

I agree - but that bill wouldn't get the Government out of anything.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3087 on: March 25, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »

So the Repukes fizzled and Ryan withdrew the vote and Obama care is still Obama care for now.  Goes to show that the Repukes haven't learned a dam thing.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3088 on: March 25, 2017, 03:03:08 PM »

So the Repukes fizzled and Ryan withdrew the vote and Obama care is still Obama care for now.  Goes to show that the Repukes haven't learned a dam thing.

I'm glad it fizzled.

Ryan was trying to repackage the same old turd while telling us we were getting something different.

The Democrats were going to say no - just because.

The "Evil" Conservative said no - because it was a POS.

Why don't they try passing a Conservative Healthcare bill - and instead of bullying the Conservatives to get into line bully the RHINOS and Libs in the Republican Caucus to vote along with it?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3089 on: March 25, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »

When insurance companies and drug companies are paying politicians millions of dollars they do what they are told. I don't blame the ones for holding out if it wasn't any good..
Any thing the government did es though isn't going to be any good..
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 241   Go Up