MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Chainsaw Sharpening

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chainsaw Sharpening  (Read 2302 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Chainsaw Sharpening
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

Thanks to all who replied.  You have given me a couple of options and I found that Sells Equipment in Woodhaven also does them.

I'll look into the Dremel option but that means I will need to buy one as well.   I have a file with a guide but it just does not seem to do much when I have tried it in the past.

Buy your files in quantity and buy quality like Nicholson.  Bailey Online sells them in 12 packs.  Get a file card and clean them too.

Like I said, I stay away from commercial resharpeners.  They remove way too much tooth when grinding a loop.  They want you to buy a new one (loop) after a few sharpenings so they over grind on purpose.

Bailey's also sells grinding outfits if you want one.  Go into business grinding chains yourself.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »

My husband always took his chains to a guy on South telegraph. I don't know whether it's a Monroe address or a LaSalle address.  You go south past Alban and pass the two churches on the right and then it's right after the second church, I think there's a chainsaw sign by the road or by his garage, I can't remember.

Is that the brick home with the two big iron wagon wheels hanging out by the road?

That's the only place I can think of that fits your description and the guy that lived there did all kinds of repair work for years.  I don't know what happened to him but the place was sold not too long ago.  I'll look closer but I don't remember seeing any kinds of signs out front lately.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »

That is where I meant. Of course my husband's been gone quite a while. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »

From the sounds of things (on here), maybe I should invest in a professional grade chain grinder.  I already sharpen chipper knives btw.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up