MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > PRESIDENT Trump

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESIDENT Trump  (Read 35520 times)

old salt

• Hero Talker
Re: PRESIDENT Trump
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

Old news.  But do you have a point or opinion on these tasks.  Maybe you could just point out the ones a) you disagree with and/or b) will never happen.

Voting Democrat Will Destroy Your Family, Grow Government, Raise Your Taxes, Increase Crime, Reduce Individual Rights, And Diminish Western Civilization.

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »

Old news.  But do you have a point or opinion on these tasks.  Maybe you could just point out the ones a) you disagree with and/or b) will never happen.
The one I agree with, term limits, is also the one most likely not to pass.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

You are right on term limits.  The politicians are not going to take any action. It's going to have to be an organized effort by citizens to get it on states ballots.  Switching Michigan to part time legislatures is going to have to be the same. 

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »

Even though I didn’t vote for Trump, I will support him as my President and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, many racists and nationalists supported him.  Some people voted for him solely because they think he will help overturn Roe v Wade.  These people alone weren’t enough to get him elected.

Millions of honest people who work paycheck-to-paycheck voted for him too, because they think he offers them some hope of having better lives.  His history suggests otherwise, but if he is really out to help those people, I’ll be the first to applaud him. The old GOP strategy of cutting capital gains and estate taxes is meaningless to working people and has only helped fuel the wage stagnation that has hurt them.  I hope Trump and team realize this.

Debbie Stabenow tweeted today that if Trump is serious about helping working families, deal her in.  (Full disclaimer: She also said if he’s out to divide Americans, she’s out.) That’s in sharp contrast to 2008 when McConnell said the GOP was dedicated to making Obama a one-term President. 

Like Ghandi said: You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.   If Trump and his supporters are really doing things to help working people, my hand is open. 

Time will tell.  His policies could be exactly what our economy needs or he could start a trade war and crash the world economy.  He could help stabilize conflicts abroad or throw gasoline on some fires.  Until any of this happens, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »

Stabenow is a moron who has done nothing in the Senate.

Hopefully the deplorables can deal her out next time she is up for election.

Why are all democrat lawmakers married to sexual deviants?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »

Even though I didn’t vote for Trump, I will support him as my President and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, that's an awesome attitude to have for someone that didn't vote for him. I wish more people had a similar perspective.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »

Yes, many racists and nationalists supported him.  Some people voted for him solely because they think he will help overturn Roe v Wade.  These people alone weren’t enough to get him elected.

Millions of honest people who work paycheck-to-paycheck voted for him too, because they think he offers them some hope of having better lives.  His history suggests otherwise, but if he is really out to help those people, I’ll be the first to applaud him. The old GOP strategy of cutting capital gains and estate taxes is meaningless to working people and has only helped fuel the wage stagnation that has hurt them.  I hope Trump and team realize this.

Debbie Stabenow tweeted today that if Trump is serious about helping working families, deal her in.  (Full disclaimer: She also said if he’s out to divide Americans, she’s out.) That’s in sharp contrast to 2008 when McConnell said the GOP was dedicated to making Obama a one-term President. 

Like Ghandi said: You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.   If Trump and his supporters are really doing things to help working people, my hand is open. 

Time will tell.  His policies could be exactly what our economy needs or he could start a trade war and crash the world economy.  He could help stabilize conflicts abroad or throw gasoline on some fires.  Until any of this happens, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

On November 8th, as you seen for yourself, the majority of American had had enough and they packed the polls with a "passion for a thrash'n."  Apparently most felt that way because when given a choice the majority of Americans did the speaking with their feet at the ballot box and who could blame them.   

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 01:48:20 AM »

On November 8th, as you seen for yourself, the majority of American had had enough and they packed the polls with a "passion for a thrash'n."  Apparently most felt that way because when given a choice the majority of Americans did the speaking with their feet at the ballot box and who could blame them.
Actually it was split damn near 50/50 with Clinton taking only about 150k more votes.

For the most part I'm with TMT and hope that Trump can really help out America, but I am a skeptic and will be watching.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »

Lol, sorry Tim, I'm not counting the illegals in that popular vote argument friend ... so that figure is misleading and a false dichotomy too ... there about 1.5 million illegals identified so I think we can figure out where a large swath of those "popular votes" [wink, wink] came from.

Headline: 1.4 million Obama amnesty applicants on deportation hit list

Date: November 11, 2016

"Some 1.4 million illegals who followed President Obama's request to sign up for two controversial amnesty programs could be among the first to face deportation under the new administration."

"1 million are from Mexico"

"119,788 are from the three countries from which thousands of youths fled in the last three years, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras"

"Over half, 607,000 live in California and Texas"

Source: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1.4-million-obama-amnesty-applicants-on-deportation-hit-list/article/2607171
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:14:38 PM by whispers »

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 04:03:47 PM »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

Impressive: ON TIME – UNDER BUDGET

   Illegal aliens already leaving
   Canada is rethinking NAFTA
   Mexico is rethinking NAFTA
   TTIP is cancelled

Source: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1.4-million-obama-amnesty-applicants-on-deportation-hit-list/article/2607171      
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-pm-trudeau-says-ready-renegotiate-nafta-trump-165713892.html
Source: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/11/business/canada-mexico-willing-discuss-nafta-trump-sidestep-u-s-tpp/
Source: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/29/ttip-is-dead/

Keeping campaign promises - and he isn't even in office.

Outstanding.

Think Obama will sign the repeal of Obamacare to take away Trumps thunder?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »

Keeping campaign promises - and he isn't even in office.

Outstanding.

Think Obama will sign the repeal of Obamacare to take away Trumps thunder?

Hello MN, Naw ... I think he knows what a mess it is and his main concern is get out of D.C. unscathed ... before something is revealed. He seems anxious leave and get started causing trouble on the streets and he will ... I can see him leading the mob carrying torches and pitchforks in the street ... 

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »

Clinton Foundation has made a statement following the election. No refunds.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »

Clinton Foundation has made a statement following the election. No refunds.

I wonder what dissatisfied donor will seek alternate satisfaction for the Clinton's not delivering on their part of the deal?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 06:49:14 PM »

I see various libs on TV talking about how liberals are afraid of Trump supporters attacking them. Yet the news is all about protests/riots of the leftist crazies.
John Kopke
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90   Go Up