MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > PRESIDENT Trump

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESIDENT Trump  (Read 23301 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: PRESIDENT Trump
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »

Leslie Stall confronts Trump on whites supremacists doing this and that. I'm not seeing it, and in any event it's nothing compared to the leftists protesting all over the country. My problem is whites have been relentlessly castigated for this and that by the leftists for decades and if we dare to protest on any front it proves we're racist. Well I say KMA. Why is it there can be a black lives matter, but not a white lives matter? Why can't whites have an organization that
defends our rights as citizens? I'm not really advocating for a white rights organizations, what I'm saying is I'm  tired of the fact the leftists are using AA as a battering ram against their ideological opponents. It has nothing to do with race for them, they want power. They don't care about AA, if they did they would actually do something to improve their condition. Their deal is to rile them up every 4 years to get their vote. That's all. See you in 4 years.
John Kopke

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

She's no journalist. Leslie Stall, a troll hack, has nothing better to do, but then to keep whipping up a racial fever around here. Isn't this one of the same group that took her "news" to the Clinton Machine for review?

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »

Even though I didn’t vote for Trump, I will support him as my President and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, many racists and nationalists supported him.  Some people voted for him solely because they think he will help overturn Roe v Wade.  These people alone weren’t enough to get him elected.

Millions of honest people who work paycheck-to-paycheck voted for him too, because they think he offers them some hope of having better lives.  His history suggests otherwise, but if he is really out to help those people, I’ll be the first to applaud him. The old GOP strategy of cutting capital gains and estate taxes is meaningless to working people and has only helped fuel the wage stagnation that has hurt them.  I hope Trump and team realize this.

I started to read this and it started out pretty innocuous but I came to the part of many racists and nationalists supported him, and then Stabenow and Mahatma Ghandi in same the message and I knew this wasn't right.

Like-minded people with like-minded experiences converge to forums such as these as support groups to share and express their pent up emotions.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on Mahatma Ghandi but I studied Buddhism in College.

Ghandi led civil disobedience in the streets just like someone we've been hearing about for the last 8 years.

Debbie Stabenow tweeted today that if Trump is serious about helping working families, deal her in.  (Full disclaimer: She also said if he’s out to divide Americans, she’s out.) That’s in sharp contrast to 2008 when McConnell said the GOP was dedicated to making Obama a one-term President. 

Like Ghandi said: You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.   If Trump and his supporters are really doing things to help working people, my hand is open. 

Time will tell.  His policies could be exactly what our economy needs or he could start a trade war and crash the world economy.  He could help stabilize conflicts abroad or throw gasoline on some fires.  Until any of this happens, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »

After Two Days of President elect- DJ Trump managed to accomplish more than Obama did in 8 years and Hillary Clinton in 35 years ….

   Syrian Pres. Bashar Al-Assad calls for cooperation with the United States

   Russian Res. Vladimir Putin says Russia is ready to restore positive relations with the United States     

   Mexico and Canada agree to cooperate with Pres-elect DJ Trump and renegotiate or scarp NAFTA.

   White House Abandons TPP & TTIP

   Dow Jones Industrial Stock Index reaches an all-time high

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »

After Two Days of President elect- DJ Trump managed to accomplish more than Obama did in 8 years and Hillary Clinton in 35 years ….

   Syrian Pres. Bashar Al-Assad calls for cooperation with the United States

   Russian Res. Vladimir Putin says Russia is ready to restore positive relations with the United States     

   Mexico and Canada agree to cooperate with Pres-elect DJ Trump and renegotiate or scarp NAFTA.

   White House Abandons TPP & TTIP

   Dow Jones Industrial Stock Index reaches an all-time high

Amazing how someone who doesn't go into negotiations with an apology can get things done.....

8*
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »

Agreed Native!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »

Wonder what the selling price will end up being........current cost at mid 200's, will jump to 400 in US, and has a current SP of 600?  I applaud bringing jobs back home, but the public best get used to seeing some amount of inflation.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »

I watch the stock market, and I used to be a very aggressive investor but I had to change that after the riding through the 2008 (?) market crash, and I don't know anyone pleased with the losses. So I learned to live with less risk taking and become very conservative with my investments.

Hyper inflation is the real threat in my mind Fuzzy.

Unless and until more jobs are created, causing the Gross Domestic Product to increase, the FEDS can raise the interest rates and get out of the way. Let the economy do its thing.

Otherwise with a lower job rate and a decreasing GDP money tightens and the feds floods the market with worthless dollars and the value falls, goods and service cost rise spelling hyper inflation and disaster.

That is the hyper-inflation track we were flirting with the Obama Administration.   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:53:22 PM by whispers »

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »

That is the hyper-inflation track we were flirting with the Obama Administration.

Maybe you imagined we were “flirting” with hyperinflation, but we never even came close.

Now where in Trump’s proposals have you seen ANYTHING that has the slightest prospect of lowering that risk?

His plan to lower taxes and decrease government revenues by trillions?  His plan for over a trillion in stimulus (sorry, I guess it’s now called “infrastructure spending!”)?  His pledges to massively increase spending on the military and veterans?  Building a multi-billion dollar wall on the border (that anyone in their right mind knows Mexico will not pay for)?

These proposals will all require the government to print more money and would INCREASE the risk of inflation.

If you really have any kind of money in the market, you should be thanking your lucky stars for the Obama years (like I do) and hedging against the possibility of a Trump-induced recession, depression, trade war or military conflict(s).

Like Tom Hanks recently said, I hope Trump is successful and does whatever it takes to make me want to vote for him four years from now.  I’m sure not foolish enough to count on it, though.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »

These democrats talk about Trump dividing the nation. Nobody has divided the nation more than Obama

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »

Maybe you imagined we were “flirting” with hyperinflation, but we never even came close.

Now where in Trump’s proposals have you seen ANYTHING that has the slightest prospect of lowering that risk?

His plan to lower taxes and decrease government revenues by trillions?  His plan for over a trillion in stimulus (sorry, I guess it’s now called “infrastructure spending!”)?  His pledges to massively increase spending on the military and veterans?  Building a multi-billion dollar wall on the border (that anyone in their right mind knows Mexico will not pay for)?

These proposals will all require the government to print more money and would INCREASE the risk of inflation.

If you really have any kind of money in the market, you should be thanking your lucky stars for the Obama years (like I do) and hedging against the possibility of a Trump-induced recession, depression, trade war or military conflict(s).

Like Tom Hanks recently said, I hope Trump is successful and does whatever it takes to make me want to vote for him four years from now.  I’m sure not foolish enough to count on it, though.
Obviously you have not looked into Trumps heart, because if you had you would have found all the rainbows and magical unicorns that have the answers to all these problems.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »

If we bring back jobs - and the cash sitting off shore that can do it...    it will bring about a re-industrialization.   

Or we can stay on the liberal course - and keep shipping our work to other countries at a rate of Billions in Defecit spending.   

I'll choose - give the real business guy a chance.  (like the voters did)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »

Hello TMT, okay show me where I'm wrong.

Corporations presumably took their business operations overseas for A. greater profit, B. lower labor costs, C. cheaper prices for the consumer. Some of the corporate and manufacturers moved due to stiff draconian tax laws the Obama Administration and the Democrats and Republicans could or would not fix.   

Some inflation is necessary but there needs a balance. The inflation occurs when demand for services outpac or exceed the ability to provide goods. If corporations and manufacturers send the jobs abroad foreign workers reap the benefit of those wages while the finished product i.e. cars are sent back in the U.S. to sell to the American people who have less to spend.

There were several years when they flat lied and manufactured rosy economic data to fool the American public things were better than they were in reality. The number of unemployed Americans reached heights never before experienced since the great stock market crash. This data was concealed by importing facts that precluded not only all the unemployed Americans in the workforce but untold numbers who ran out their unemployment benefits and gave up searching for work.

So we were flirting with hyper inflation!

As we have noticed with the Obama Administration American jobs i.e. American product manufactured here in the states were moved abroad while American were directed to train foreign workers for the same jobs here and abroad so they can take them over. If I am mistaken, I apologize but it seems to me the Obama Administration and the Democrats went step further and made efforts to employ foreign to take public governmental jobs as well.

Rather than taking steps to encourage corporations and manufacturer's to stay in this country by improving tax penalties and laws that would help keep the jobs and save the lagging economy our tax dollars were spent by the truck loads to the tune of 1.4 billion dollars for Michelle’s personal junkets, Obama’s lavish hip-hop parties, entertaining Al Sharpton, playing golf; that included staffing, housing and entertainment.

Rather than take steps to keep jobs in America, they sent $4.5 billion for Community Organizing such ACORN under the guise of Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD).

Then, the Budget Increases Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Funding after It (Obama Administration) Helped Cause the Financial Crisis. The budget increases HUD’s discretionary funding by $6.4 billion in addition to the $13.6 billion it received from the stimulus bill.

Rather than take steps to keep jobs in America, they sent barrels of cash to Iran, 24.5 million dollars to circumcise males in Swaziland,  $55 million to build a mere 816 houses in Haiti,  $20 million to develop a Pakistani version of Sesame Street, $10 million to train Filipinos to work in Asian call centers that serve U.S. businesses, and it goes on and on.

Source: http://www.freedomworks.org/content/top-10-ways-obama-budget-wastes-taxpayer-money
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 06:57:39 PM by whispers »

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2016, 06:59:01 PM »

If we bring back jobs - and the cash sitting off shore that can do it...    it will bring about a re-industrialization.   

Or we can stay on the liberal course - and keep shipping our work to other countries at a rate of Billions in Defecit spending.   

I'll choose - give the real business guy a chance.  (like the voters did)

Exactly my sentiments Professor ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76   Go Up