MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Terrorism again...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrorism again...  (Read 961 times)

whispers

• Hero Talker
Re: Terrorism again...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »

Looks like they hunted the Berlin killer down in Milan and he went down in a blaze of glory.

He was sent on his merry way ...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:04:30 PM by whispers »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »

As we learn even more from that...  "Asylum" seeker

Seems like I heard on the news why he was in Italy (on the run) -
he was familiar with the area - and border crossings are nothing in Europe anymore.

He also spent a few years in Prison for arson...  probably met some friendly people while there.

I'm hoping the world learns that able bodied young men seeking Asylum before children and the elderly is a red flag...  but then again their vetting process seems even weaker than ours!

I think you are giving our asylum process under the Obama administration too much credit.

Fundamental Change.  Those are the key words.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »

Was just reading that the cops say they didn't know who it was they stopped.  Sound like a racial profile type stop too.
Said he traveled from Germany to France then italy. 
The European liberals sure did a number on their citizens with the open boarder crap.
Don't want to offend those peace loving muslims..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »

I know this may get some reaction that I am not intending to instigate, nor have I thought this out all the way.

What would be the harm in us closing our our borders for an unspecified amount of time and hold off immigration to the country?  Do we need more population, even if people who want in are vetted appropriately?

Would it allow the resources we already have in place in the Immigration department to focus on compassionate passage for those demonstrating the need for political asylum, and still allow for a work visa program?

Do our college campuses around the country need foreign students to survive?  Doesn't most countries have a university system to sufficiently educate at home?  If not, then perhaps allow students to enter the country if theirs does not have the system or fields of majors in their home countries?

I know it may sound heartless and defy immigration policies of the past, but the world has changed.  There has to be a way to control what kind of people (in need, or with ill intent) we are allowing in.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 11:43:35 AM »

I know this may get some reaction that I am not intending to instigate, nor have I thought this out all the way.

What would be the harm in us closing our our borders for an unspecified amount of time and hold off immigration to the country?  Do we need more population, even if people who want in are vetted appropriately?

Would it allow the resources we already have in place in the Immigration department to focus on compassionate passage for those demonstrating the need for political asylum, and still allow for a work visa program?

Do our college campuses around the country need foreign students to survive?  Doesn't most countries have a university system to sufficiently educate at home?  If not, then perhaps allow students to enter the country if theirs does not have the system or fields of majors in their home countries?

I know it may sound heartless and defy immigration policies of the past, but the world has changed.  There has to be a way to control what kind of people (in need, or with ill intent) we are allowing in.
Perhaps we should put America on Lock Down, no one gets in or out of the US until we get this matter settled down.

Nobody.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 11:49:11 AM »

Fuzz, I have a feeling that is what our President who is looking out for us is going to do.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »

I know it sounded absurd and isolationist.......thinking and writing out loud more than anything.  I don't have the answers, only know and realize the world has changed and see the impact unrestricted travel and migration to Europe is causing the loss of life of many innocent people.

When I travel abroad for extended periods of time I have to obtain work visas sometimes.  It does require a company letter of reasons generally referring to expertise not available within the country of entry.  My passport is stamped, I have to carry it with me at all times, and the document of authorized entry from the country I enter.....it also is accompanied with a time duration and date I am to be out of the country.

There has to be a solution, and it may defy liberties that have been available in the past......but the climate of the world is changing to be much more radical than ever.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »

There are no easy answers. The choices are few and very clear. Either leave Tiny and Baby Hitler and their ilk make these tough decisions for us by voting and electing more of the last 8 years  and worse or do the heavy lifting ourselves.

If you leave those choices and decisions to Democrat Liberals you need look at Germany, France and the U.K. today foretell the future. Left to their choices you and everybody else would be the defenseless sheep running from slaughter in your own corral. You see what they do the women and children. Why would anyone other than lunatic opt for that?   

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 03:33:07 PM »

And some visas aren't just a matter of filling out paper work. The last one I got for Brazil I had to get a printout of my water bill for like the last 10 years.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »

Those individuals who see nothing wrong with sanctuary cities and borderless countries aren't capable of sound reasoning and they pose a danger to the greater collective majority. As a very small minority, the Democrat Liberals do not have the best interest of America in their heart.

Those individuals who see nothing wrong with sanctuary cities and borderless countries are defying 60 million Americans who do want that issue corrected, and their willingness to break the law is motivated solely of selfish power and influence and that is why you see them acting out like children since losing the election. Therefore they have be treated like adolescent children because they are incapable of taking care of themselves let alone making decisions for others. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:53:25 PM by whispers »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »

I hear ya, blue......I don't know how difficult it is for foreigners to get visas.  I do know that if I need German technical assistance in the States that I have to provide a letter to the company sending them.

There are no easy answers, and some people are going to getpissedoff.  Not even Tiny or Tim would tell you that they "want" terrorist activities like those in Europe but I doubt that they have any solutions or inhibitors either.  The world has gone mad, easy answers and actions that won't alienate some are most likely not possible.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »

I believe during the first 100 days the federal government should hire contractors to fan out across the country and search a million illegal criminals to start. Pay them a bounty for pinpointing the whereabouts -those are jobs.

Hire hundreds if not thousands of new analyst to scour the immigration roles and determine who if any exist. Require non-naturalized people to produce birth certificates, drivers licenses, and do thorough background vetting of all non-naturalized people.

If one non-naturalized individual with or without immigration status commits an act of terrorism in this country charge them, sentence them to death, confiscate their property and order their immediate family or associates deported, then seize and forfeit their property.  Allow for their family and friends to place their own peer pressure on these people. That is tough love but that's what its going to take to fight it.

I also believe any American found giving aide, comfort and care or quarters to those involved in acts of terrorism on our soil against our people should be entitled to similar treatment under the war powers act.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:56:57 PM by whispers »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »

That would be one hell of an undertaking, and just imagine the regulations the Feds will put on the bounty hunters....lol.

I cringe at thousands of new jobs being created by the government though.  Now, if they could eliminate a few redundant federal departments and have those people take on that task.....I could tolerate that.

I agree with your last 2 paragraphs.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »

That would be one hell of an undertaking, and just imagine the regulations the Feds will put on the bounty hunters....lol.

I cringe at thousands of new jobs being created by the government though.  Now, if they could eliminate a few redundant federal departments and have those people take on that task.....I could tolerate that.

I agree with your last 2 paragraphs.

Lol... that's why I should be not be a politician .... but seriously down below is a variation of one method used by the Israeli government in dealing with domestic terrorism, only they destroy the homes either by bulldozer or by ordinance. Family members fearing deportation or loss of their property suddenly become more inclined to alert authorities before disaster strikes but not always. 

"If one non-naturalized individual with or without immigration status commits an act of terrorism in this country charge them, sentence them to death, confiscate their property and order their immediate family or associates deported, then seize and forfeit their property.  Allow for their family and friends to place their own peer pressure on these people. That is tough love but that's what its going to take to fight it."

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 10:09:33 PM »

Anyone who thinks this administration coming is anything like the one going out, think again ...

"US Customs and Border Protection will now have foreign travelers provide social media accounts when they enter the US."

"The Hill reported: Border Security started asking travelers coming into the country on Tuesday to voluntarily provide their Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts, Politico first reported. When individuals apply for visa waivers, they’re prompted with the option to include their accounts on the aforementioned platforms and Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube."

Source: http://thehill.com/policy/technology/311693-us-begins-asking-foreign-travelers-for-social-media-accounts-upon-entry
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up