MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The Republican Agenda

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Republican Agenda  (Read 1085 times)

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
The Republican Agenda
« on: January 28, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »

First and foremost is the repeal of Obama Care. Right now though they don't have any kind of plan to replace it with and thankfully a number of Republican Senators are reluctant to repeal it without a replacement, as to do so would throw the healthcare industry into an even more disastrous state.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: The Republican Agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:22:06 AM »

Oh, i wouldn't bet on there not being a plan.  They have been working on it for 4 years or more.
And just what kind of a plan did the democrats have when they implemented it?
They didn't even know what it was.

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »

Oh, i wouldn't bet on there not being a plan.  They have been working on it for 4 years or more.
And just what kind of a plan did the democrats have when they implemented it?
They didn't even know what it was.
I wasn't trying to be insulting, just stating the case at hand. Currently there is no plan that has been presented for review that I am aware of.

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »

their party’s quick push to repeal the Affordable Care Act at a closed-door meeting Thursday, according to a recording of the session obtained by The Washington Post.

The recording reveals a GOP that appears to be filled with doubts about how to make good on a long-standing promise to get rid of Obamacare without explicit guidance from President Trump or his administration. The thorny issues with which lawmakers grapple on the tape — including who may end up either losing coverage or paying more under a revamped system — highlight the financial and political challenges that flow from upending the current law.

More at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/behind-closed-doors-republican-lawmakers-fret-about-how-to-repeal-obamacare/2017/01/27/deabdafa-e491-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.3eca85a648ac

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 11:36:36 AM »

That's true as far as i know too then.  Lot's of talk but nothing yet.  Probably a lot of disagreement among the republicans as to what they want to go with.
The whole healthcare system needs to be re-though 
There are a lot of people that pay for healthcare and there are a lot that don't.
But if you go to the hospital i think most get treated.
It's the followup that probably gets ignored if you don't have insurance.
Hospitals can talk all they want about being nonprofit but that's a bunch of BS.  Look at Promedica in Toledo.  They are spending hundreds of millions.  Where do they get it?
And we all know drug companies are all organized criminals.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just stating the case at hand. Currently there is no plan that has been presented for review that I am aware of.

You mean like when Obama-care was passed?

To find out what is in it you must pass it?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:25:44 PM »

You mean like when Obama-care was passed?

To find out what is in it you must pass it?
Actually they had a plan, it was just the fact that it was over 2000 pages long.

We have yet to see any plan as yet come from either Trump or the Republicans.

There are obviously a lot of problems with the ACA, but there are many things included within it that are worth keeping as well.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »

their party’s quick push to repeal the Affordable Care Act at a closed-door meeting Thursday, according to a recording of the session obtained by The Washington Post.

The recording reveals a GOP that appears to be filled with doubts about how to make good on a long-standing promise to get rid of Obamacare without explicit guidance from President Trump or his administration. The thorny issues with which lawmakers grapple on the tape — including who may end up either losing coverage or paying more under a revamped system — highlight the financial and political challenges that flow from upending the current law.

More at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/behind-closed-doors-republican-lawmakers-fret-about-how-to-repeal-obamacare/2017/01/27/deabdafa-e491-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.3eca85a648ac

Not surprising Tim, the Repubs had their balls all dried up like raisins for a very long time .... it's only been a recent revelation some have discovered they have balls ... I believe they will ditch the Obama Care Fraud, and it will probably mirror the VA's style care where everyone is entitled to healthcare ... the problem they confront is making it work better and more efficiently.

My goal is to go up to a VA hospital and file a record with them to augment my healthcare in the coming days too. 

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

But if you go to the hospital i think most get treated.

The hospitals are required to access any patient that comes in and stabilize them. This is an unfunded mandate that the government placed on the hospitals to insure that people needing emergency care were treated. The government failed to anticipate the financial burden this would place on hospitals who would then pass their costs on to those who could pay which has helped to accelerate health care costs for everyone.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »

It's only right that hospitals access and stabilize everyone..
After all hospitals are nonprofit charitable organizations that don't pay taxes, right?

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »

It's only right that hospitals access and stabilize everyone..
After all hospitals are nonprofit charitable organizations that don't pay taxes, right?
It apprears my sarcasm detector seems to be broken. Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »

no sarcasm here

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »

Actually they had a plan, it was just the fact that it was over 2000 pages long.

We have yet to see any plan as yet come from either Trump or the Republicans.

There are obviously a lot of problems with the ACA, but there are many things included within it that are worth keeping as well.

That is right - they just didn't want that 2000 pages going through committee - or anyone knowing what was in it - so they forced a vote on something no one read.

Was that the transparency that Obama promised?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »

no sarcasm here

In that case, not all hospitals are non-profit, and there seems to be a trend of for profit hospitals starting to buy up the non-profit around the state.

http://www.mlive.com/health/index.ssf/2014/03/for-profits_gobbling_up_commun.html

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

So who gets the money at the "Non Profit" when a "For Profit" buys them out?

8*
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up