MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The Republican roll out of Government Health Care

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Republican roll out of Government Health Care  (Read 731 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: The Republican roll out of Government Health Care
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »

The official name of the plan, which has already passed in the house and will unlikely pass in the Senate due to it requiring 60 votes, is called "The World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017".

And no that's not a joke, although it should be.

I didn't read there was a vote yet Tim.

I also don't think the 60 vote rule would apply - since this would be budget.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »

I didn't read there was a vote yet Tim.

I also don't think the 60 vote rule would apply - since this would be budget.
Okay I checked the .gov website and you're right, I thought I saw it said passed house on their timeline before.

On the Senate issue, because of the inclusion of the 30% penalty for the lapse in insurance they need to cover the 60 votes because of the Byrd rule.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »

The Byrd Rule.  Another dipshit

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »

The Byrd Rule.  Another dipshit

A totally racist Democratic Dipshit.

Friends of the Clintons too.

Tim - don't forget the Republicans could always use the Harry Reid Nuclear Option.  There is precedence for it on health care bills in the past come to think of it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 05:47:36 PM »

Afraid Obama is going to win. Too many people getting free, or heavily subsidized, health insurance. When has U.S ever rolled back an entitlement? The Puke plan only trims around the edges, but will do nothing to trim health care costs or reduce insurance premiums. . Bottom line is every time government gets involved to "fix things" they only make them worse, usually much worse. Government runs the VA health care system, how's that working out?

I believe the result of government "fixing" our health care system will result in lousy health care for everyone except for those that fixed the system. If our betters in the Congress and Senate had had to sign up for Obamacare like everyone else there never would have been Obamacare. That's all.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »

Never.

Once an entitlement is in freedom is lost for a promise that is never completely fulfilled.

The Republicans should leave it alone if they really aren't going to change it - or they will own the disaster.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »

If they don't roll it all together - it's too complicated in two sections for the 60 votes...

then they can at least say it was voted down by the Democrats...
and then watch it implode - having those democrats come back later begging for a fix

Trying to fix the medicaid system seems to be the issue that naysayers don't understand.

I like the line Dr Price used in his CNN town hall -    only 1 of 3 doctors will see a medicaid patient -   ask yourself why?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »

Somewhere along the way every child under 18 deserves healthcare. 
Everything else is up in the air.
If you are an adult and can't afford going to the Dr or hospital, maybe you should have found a job or shouldn't have been so stupid about life when you were younger.
None of that is my problem.
But the kids should be taken care of.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »

I think that age should be higher, perhaps 23 to 26 or so, so that an 18 year old getting ready to borrow money to go to college is not saddled with tuition plus health insurance.  My youngest took on insurance through UT when she was a grad student there.....at least covered catastrophic and provided some preventative care.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »

Yeah you are probably right.  Tuition plus healthcare would bankrupt most people today.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »

Maybe instead of minimum wage there should be minimum healthcare provided by employers... 

And the question still is why don't doctors accept medicaid patients...  ?

(I know why - do you?)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »

Lower billing rates apply?
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »

Lower billing rates apply?

Ding Ding Ding... and thus the patients are treated as lower class - sadly by the medical community.

I recall just on our dealings seemed like an ambulance call would be covered at the following -    medicaid $97     other insurance $450      7.00 mileage

Current medicaid rates are  Michigan   105 basic   192 Advanced   3.27 mileage
http://www.candidmedicine.com/medicaid-ambulance-reimbursement-rates/

I believe the last bill I saw for Monroe Community Ambulance was over $700   

- and that is why Doctors often won't accept them as patients -   and why the overhaul of the healthcare is deeper than many realize...    But it appears liberals like the medicaid system that treats all the same regardless - and thus limits their access
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up