MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > N. Korea

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: N. Korea  (Read 2295 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
N. Korea
« on: March 18, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »

with the Chinese unable to control the dictator -
It appears we need a thread on this topic.

Telling the world you are planning to attack as you prepare your missile capabilities...   Yep  I'd say its about time for this crazy dictator to go -   If not in a drone or cruise missle attack then some other means to get rid of the little guy wanting to restart the Korean Conflict.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: N. Korea
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »

Let the Chinese do it.

They are the reason he is there.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »

Yeah, I'm not so sure the Chinease want N. Korea dropping a nuke on anyone..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »

Never been quite sure why China has not reigned this guy in, although they probably enjoy his provocative nature towards the US.

Tillerson is going to try to persuade them that enough is enough unless they want to see military action at their door step.  The kid appears to me to be kind of an inbred punk and missile delivery of warheads may be the line in the sand that no country really wants.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:43 AM »

How many times have we trotted off to war because country _________ has missiles and they can put ________ on them and fire them at us?

So do we.

What ever happened to the ability to sleep securely at night knowing that mutually assured destruction is protecting all of us?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:40 AM »

Hard telling what diplomacy efforts are going on behind the scenes but from a regional perspective but it should be China, S. Korea, Japan, and Taiwan applying all the pressure and negotiating.   

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »

Japanese running around the Korean peninsula should give pause to the neighborhood.

They weren't very good visitors the last time they went over.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »

LOL, true.....but our peacekeeping forces filled in nicely.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »

It reminds me of the two Germanies...   one broke, poor, run by communist backed country the other thriving...   and when those were re-unified they both benefited.

It's going to take regime change for that to ever occur - and the Chinese would benefit greatly from a Korea that was able to buy their products.

I think China has lost control  - and don't know what to do with him
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 12:02:22 PM »

I think you are right about them having little or no influence over this kid.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »

This is a very dangerous game of roulette in which a mentally deranged leader of a piss poor country is playing. Back a few years ago, Russia threatened invasion of North Korea if it didn't change it's course. Both China and Russia supported North Korea during 1950's Korea war that cost the lives of tens of thousands of American soldiers.

In the geopolitical world of chess both China and Russia have a natural interest in that part of the world not only geographically but economically. You would think mega-supowers would be placing extreme pressure on North Korea to cease and desist now, but that hasn't occurred since missile testing has continued non-stop. 

Japan itself, use to be a world super power but hasn't had an offensive military since the closing days of WWII.

I am concerned the stalemate may require US involvement and things could get very nasty, very quickly.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »

That's my concern too.....I don't think the Russians or Chinese want us back on their front door again with ground troops.  Hopefully we are working behind the scene with those two countries and are identifying military targets for a joint series of drone strikes.

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 03:22:38 PM »

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »

Perhaps if we agreed to pull everything out of Korea maybe we could negotiate a deal and let Korea become one free country..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »

Why not, that's what we did in Vietnam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up