MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:17:19 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
I was being sarcastic John.

MN:

Obviously I missed the sarcasm. My faith in you is restored.

on: Today at 06:54:05 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
How do you take the words I posted and change it to what you posted?

If that was my 'attitude' then that is exactly what I would have posted. 

Please do not try to put your words into my mouth.

As far as your patriotism goes, just like any 'emotion' (love for example) it's difficult for anyone but you to figure that out. 

If you're happy with your level of patriotism then it suits me.

I'm very, very satisfied with my personal level. 

Maybe we need a new thread...

is out 'freedom' worth what it is costing us?

You put words in my mouth too.

I guess that doesn't count though - does it?

When you do it you are somehow justified?

As far as how much does Freedom Cost - sure - start that thread.

We can debate if we are spreading democracy or making more enemies with all of our Freedom loving moves.

We live in a Country that doesn't defend it's own borders from people walking across it, but we do love bombing the shite out of the other side of the globe - in the name of FREEDOM.

Sorry if after 17 years of endless war I suddenly understand how protesters of the Viet Nam war felt.

If that means I'm unpatriotic - so be it.

I have news for you BRD.

No other country on this planet is going to take us down - at least in our lifetimes.  That "Super Armory" and other Pork projects like it around the country will not be the difference one way or another.

The National Debt?  Now that is a REAL threat.

on: Today at 06:04:28 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I saw this picture and instantly thought of the big red dog.  She could have easily handled this job!

I was out in the yard earlier picking up a few downed limbs from the storm last night.  She always helped me with that job and she would carry a limb that was 7 or 8 feet long.  She'd pick it up and shift it in her mouth to balance it and off she'd go.  Occasionally she would run into a tree or something but she'd straighten out and away she'd go again!

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/06/meet_jj_the_bat_dog_michigans.html

on: Today at 01:10:52 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
A 2nd Love's Truck Stop going into the county.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180618/loves-travel-stop-to-come-to-milan

on: Today at 12:19:35 PM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by BigRedDog
Here's an interesting story about the train depot.  Apparently years ago someone removed the clock on the face of the building and had kept it for many years.  Now they have anonymously returned it so it can be re-installed.  Ultimately they probably saved it from scrappers!!!

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2018/06/18/thief-returns-detroit-train-station-stolen-clock/710459002/

on: Today at 12:12:40 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
It flooded in Houghton in 1912 too...

here's a picture of one of their interurban cars on a flooded street.

Article:

https://cchi.mtu.edu/copper-country-image-detail?duid=1a750600-1815-441c-9143-5c87cfefe79b&width=1242&height=732&nid=21878

on: Today at 10:11:33 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
So you lost power last night.  Parts of Lambertville did too.  Maybe around 8 or 9 and didn't come back until 4:30

No, our power was only off in the morning for the squirrel explosion.  We didn't get the storm near as bad as you did down there.  Last night around 10ish it did rain hard for a few minutes a couple of different times but no issues with power.

What was an issue down there was around 9:30 a tank of Anhydrous Ammonia started venting off.  I don't know if they had to evacuate anyone but it was keeping the FDs busy along with downed wires and trees on fire!  The ammonia leak was on Jackman between Erie and Temperance roads.

That's about when I fell asleep so didn't know when they got the power back on.

on: Today at 09:50:25 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by blue2
So you lost power last night.  Parts of Lambertville did too.  Maybe around 8 or 9 and didn't come back until 4:30

on: Today at 09:42:05 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
The area's on both sides of the "canal" took some damages from the nearly 7 inches of rain...

Interesting to hear of sink holes,  probably wash outs vs what they have in Florida!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/photos_show_michigans_up_devas.html

This one is my favorite...   makes it hard to fight a fire when you have to dig out the hydrant first.  I wonder if the mains still have any pressure on them?

The marker bar sticking up is used in areas of deep snow to make it easier and quicker to find the hydrants in an emergency.  When we lived in Midland County the FD would go out in the fall and install them and then in the spring go back out and retrieve them.  Looks like they leave them on year around in Houghton.

on: Today at 09:31:31 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
Id do that if the country wasn't running giant deficits.

As it is I think the national debt is the bigger threat to the country.

Your attitude also reflects the theme that spending Government money here is good but elsewhere it is waste.

I just see the pork.  Sorry if you think that makes me unpatriotic.

How do you take the words I posted and change it to what you posted?

If that was my 'attitude' then that is exactly what I would have posted. 

Please do not try to put your words into my mouth.

As far as your patriotism goes, just like any 'emotion' (love for example) it's difficult for anyone but you to figure that out. 

If you're happy with your level of patriotism then it suits me.

I'm very, very satisfied with my personal level. 

Maybe we need a new thread...

is out 'freedom' worth what it is costing us?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10