MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Is it just me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2416 times)

Massagetherapyworks

• Elite Talker
Is it just me?
« on: June 20, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »

Hey, is it just me, or do you think with gas prices so high that the gas stations could provide FREE air to fill tires?  

MM1

• Hero Talker
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 09:37:36 AM »

Uh..Yes. I vote Yes.

In fact, for the cost of a tank of gas, I think they should offer a carwash, detail, oil change, radiator flush, windshield washer fluid, fresh car smell air freshner, and a new set of radials WITH free air.

nerd

• Elite Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »

I haven't paid for air in quite a long time.  The last couple of times I refilled my bike tires the station had a pay machine but the attendant was willing to turn it on for free after I asked.  I was informed at a Shell station once that they only charged to keep people from doing things like locking the machine on which apparently had been a problem before.

Maybe if you ask at whatever station you live near they could turn it on for you.
If I had good ideas would I be posting them for free on this forum?

Farmer.Ted

• Hero Talker
  • I will try to be good. For a minute!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »

For the price of gas now, I feel that I should be in a Limo getting drove around.

TPoKE

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »

Uh..Yes. I vote Yes.

In fact, for the cost of a tank of gas, I think they should offer a carwash, detail, oil change, radiator flush, windshield washer fluid, fresh car smell air freshner, and a new set of radials WITH free air.

Your idea gets my vote! ;D

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »

Hey, is it just me, or do you think with gas prices so high that the gas stations could provide FREE air to fill tires? 

I know you mean well, but Gas STATIONS make very little off of gasoline sales. Their profit comes from selling soda and snacks. That is why running out of gas is the worst possible thing for a gas station, and they will increase their price in order to stop that from happening.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

nerd

• Elite Talker
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »

Are there any gas stations left that will actually pump the gas for you?  "Full service"?  I know senior citizens, people with disabilities and people with small children would be interested in that!

MomEm

I see some occasionally when I travel (and I think every gas station in New Jersey is) but if I was a gas station owner I don't think I'd want to pay an employee to do that.  Most stations seem to operate with only one or two people on site and I'm guessing it is to save on wages.
If I had good ideas would I be posting them for free on this forum?

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »

Are there any gas stations left that will actually pump the gas for you?  "Full service"? 
MomEm

The Mobil station at the northwest corner of West Road and Allen Road has a full service island.  They're sort of like Drive-In's.  Not many left anymore. 

patpenny

• New Talker
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:37:23 AM »

Gas stations say they don't make much on the price of gas, but think about it....if they raised their price just 2 cents how much they made at the end of the day. Do you know how many cars come in for gas on a daily basis? On average, people don't just pump a few gallons. Why do you think one station is higher than the others? People still pull in for gas no matter what the price is. And yes, their big income is for the snacks & lotto. I hate when the pay at the pump fails to give you a receipt and you have to stand in line behind 5+ people buying cigarettes, pop & lottery just so you can make sure the transaction charged you correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up