MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > FoxNews.com: Straight Talk - Videotaping Police

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FoxNews.com: Straight Talk - Videotaping Police  (Read 2189 times)

Matt (formerly ML)

• Hero Talker
FoxNews.com: Straight Talk - Videotaping Police
« on: June 22, 2007, 05:53:01 AM »

"There's been a rash of arrests of late for videotaping police, and it's a disturbing development. Last year, Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly threatened Internet activist Mary T. Jean with arrest and felony prosecution for posting a video to her website of state police swarming a home and arresting a man without a warrant."

"It's critical that we retain the right to record, videotape or photograph the police while they're on duty. Not only for symbolic reasons (when agents of the state can confiscate evidence of their own wrongdoing, you're treading on seriously perilous ground), but as an important check on police excesses. In the age of YouTube, video of police misconduct captured
by private citizens can have an enormous impact."

The rest here:
http://tinyurl.com/38jlnw

SMASH

• Hero Talker
Re: FoxNews.com: Straight Talk - Videotaping Police
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

Thanks ML, nice catch.

As I have said before, law enFORCEment in Michigan has been doing this stuff for years.

MCL257.658 allows the police to extort money from otherwise law abiding citizens!!!

No one seems to care because those "otherwise law abiding" citizens happen to ride motorcycles.

Vee vill tell you vat die law is! Du juss zhat up und pay, ya.

nerd

• Elite Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »

This just shows that after you videotape something you need to quickly upload it to a dozen internet sites throughout the world and then destroy the tape.  Heaven forbid you hold onto something that could incriminate you :D

Oh, once it was online millions of people saw it?  Ooops, I thought YouTube was like the trash can.
If I had good ideas would I be posting them for free on this forum?

JKC

• Hero Talker
    • "Julie's List"
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:53:52 PM »

Why is it a "disturbing" thing to videotape the police???  They are PUBLIC servants and are certainly not gods...I've known quite a few that weren't exactly angels themselves.  They have been videotaping US for years........turnabout is fair play!
Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip---Will Rogers

Matt (formerly ML)

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:58 AM »

Here's a small improvement in one county:
http://tinyurl.com/36vk68

Hey Tilman, what's your gang's policy on recording on-duty police?
Pages: [1]   Go Up