on: Today at 10:22:58 AM 
Started by Mayonnaise - Last post by excelsior
Wow!   8*

on: Today at 10:15:16 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by blue2
I don't know what it would take for me to watch Ellen.  This wasn't it

on: Today at 10:13:13 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by blue2
I'm sure there will be a big push from the left to make PR a full fledged state. 

on: Today at 10:05:53 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
The guard ended up on the Ellen show - so apparently he's not in hiding.

I saw an article Wednesday night on my phone saying he would be on Ellen...   I kind of wanted to watch it but timing didn't work out for that. 

He does seem to be enjoying the transition from being in the background as a security person into the floodlights!!!

on: Today at 10:02:25 AM 
The island was mismanaged with corrupt and inept leadership -  to the point of a 3rd world country before the Hurricane - what makes anyone think the job will go smoothly now?   

We probably will need to take over everything - as it appears they are just waiting for that anyhow

First clue Might be they are $70 billion in debt for only 3-1/2 million residents...

Since none of you 'political commentator wannabes' would start a thread on the Politics Board I went ahead and did it for you!

Please make all future 'primarily' political comments over there and leave this board for what I was hoping to discuss...   the 'short term' humanitarian aid in Puerto Rico. 

I don't have any suggested solutions for the long term recovery over there at this point.  My only consideration is that if we do decide to abandon the island I'm pretty sure it won't take long for Cuba to take.  Not sure we need another Cuba quite this close to our southern coast.

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=31068.0

on: Today at 09:56:32 AM 
Since several posters continue to post in the 'news' board on the short term humanitarian aid to Puerto Rico about their 'long term' feelings on restoration I decided I'd start a thread here for these 'political' discussions. 

Here's a bit of 'background' on just 'how' the United States came to 'own' Puerto Rico 119 years ago.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h828.html

I've seen a few comments that 'we' should just abandon the island completely.  I'm guessing that if we did that it would take about 3 days for Cuba to take it over and then we could have 'double trouble' in the Caribbean!

on: Today at 09:51:36 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by FritzTheKat
knocks

on: Today at 09:40:07 AM 
Started by Mayonnaise - Last post by BigRedDog
Drove by the "Big K" store...  all signage is down - now all we need is some silly planners to come up with stuff to do with the vacant structure.

Actually sat there for a few minutes eating my chili dog - before heading north to school.

Funny to see it's still on the Bus Route as about 3 buses drove in - and then out!   I guess they didn't get the memo it's closed.

Maybe we could all pitch in and buy it and hold weekend cage fighting events...

we seem to have plenty of aggression right here on our own little forum!!!

Or we could freeze the floor and make it a skating rink :o :o :o

I know Kroger has just finished converting one of the old Kmarts in the Downriver area to one of the big Kroger stores.  I'm guessing in this case Kroger already has sufficient stores so it probably won't be Kroger redeveloping the corner. 

Maybe Amazon can put in a 'mini' distribution facility?

on: Today at 09:38:45 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by blue2
opportunity

on: Today at 09:38:08 AM 
Started by excelsior - Last post by blue2
I just don't understand why anyone who is supposedly a  lot smarter than me would thing it was a good deal for the United States to give Russia 20% of our uranium..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10