MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Openings

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Openings  (Read 49925 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Business Openings
« Reply #720 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »

Too yuppie for Moron.  Need to be in Ann Arbor.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #721 on: March 31, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »

Not yuppie enough for the Peoples Republic.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #722 on: April 01, 2017, 08:00:01 AM »

Yup.

Now if it was called Billie-Bobs Sushi and Bait Shack, it might have a chance!!!

When the sushi gets too old to serve, they can sell it as bait!  NO WASTE!!!
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #723 on: April 01, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »

I thought it should have been Sushi Hut given the location !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #724 on: April 05, 2017, 10:18:32 PM »

I enjoyed my lunch there...  will return for dinner soon
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:27 AM »

Maybe we need a new category in the Business section...

Businesses trying it a 2nd time around in Monroe!

Fazolis is coming back!!!

We always enjoyed going there although we actually went more often to their place on Telegraph near Alexis in Toledo. 

Not sure how often we'll go to the TA Center to visit them but maybe they'll do just fine out there.

Does anyone know if this is a franchise operation...   is this the same operator as before?
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2017, 08:16:20 AM »

I thought it should have been Sushi Hut given the location !!

;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »

Fazoli's ???  In Truckstops of America ??  I loved their spaghetti and meatballs

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

Fazoli's ???  In Truckstops of America ??  I loved their spaghetti and meatballs

At the TA?  You can have dinner and go out in the lot and get relieved for an additional 20 bucks. ;D

Be careful you don't trip over a towel head though.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

There was a Fazoli by Lowes on Alexis.  Much better fast food option

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #730 on: April 22, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »

We had dinner at the Sushi Hut last night with our youngest and her soon to be husband.  Pretty good selection of entrees (including Hibachi cooked meals for those who don't care for the raw fish), and nice array of appetizers.

I read a few reviews, and recalled from here on the forum, that one of the knocks was length of time from ordering to food served.  Every order is made to order, nothing prepared from the best I could see from the operation....and therefore the length of time.

I'm not enough of a connoisseur to tell a big difference from any of the places where I have tried it before, but I thought it was very good.  I do question what makes a good sushi place and a bad one; is it the quality of the fish?  I would think rice is rice, and mostly basic ingredients.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #731 on: April 22, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »

We had dinner at the Sushi Hut last night with our youngest and her soon to be husband.  Pretty good selection of entrees (including Hibachi cooked meals for those who don't care for the raw fish), and nice array of appetizers.

I read a few reviews, and recalled from here on the forum, that one of the knocks was length of time from ordering to food served.  Every order is made to order, nothing prepared from the best I could see from the operation....and therefore the length of time.

I'm not enough of a connoisseur to tell a big difference from any of the places where I have tried it before, but I thought it was very good.  I do question what makes a good sushi place and a bad one; is it the quality of the fish?  I would think rice is rice, and mostly basic ingredients.

The difference between a good sushi place and a bad one is the smell....  Old fish stinks. ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #732 on: April 22, 2017, 09:23:12 AM »

Then I guess I have never been to a bad one........based on the small sample size I have experience with I never noticed a difference in the smell of the fish.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #733 on: April 22, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »

I had Sushi Hut to go last night. The difference between bad and good  sushi is the ingredients and quantity and presentation. Their presentation i.e. eggs and eel sauce on top of the rolls I got were lacking. I find the same thing at Dolce. Some of the sushi places in Detroit and Toledo take a little more care in adding toppings which I personally like. Sushi Huts fish pieces were markedly smaller last night than when I was there 3 nights ago. Probably just the different style of the preparer. Either that or it was the owner cutting corners for the bottom line !!
All Sushi places are different of course and once you have been to a really good one, all others are lacking.
My all time favorite was EnJapanese Steak house in Toledo. Toby, the owner always took great pride in ingredients and presentation. They are closed now but even the kids would choose going there for their birthdays.
Bad fish, bad sushi---pretty obvious. If you get a taste of bad fish it tends to ruin your meal !!!
No different than finding a worm in your salad or raw chicken. You shy away from it for a while but eventually go back.
Sushi Hut so far----4.5 stars

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #734 on: April 22, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Interesting and good points......agree on the fish size being lacking now that you mention it.

The hot Saki wasn't bad,,,,,,,I guess I just haven't hit that Sushi Bar yet that makes good from bad distinguish itself.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55   Go Up