MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 31636 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #855 on: March 19, 2017, 08:13:09 PM »

3 Big 10 teams in the Sweet 16.

Not bad for a "down" league.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #856 on: March 20, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »

Fuzz - Are you going to cruise over to KC next weekend?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #857 on: March 20, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »

Naw......I got deported to Toluca again.  LOL
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #858 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

Well - try to make the best of it and find a local sporting event.....  like a bull or a cock fight?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #859 on: March 21, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »

I have heard about the cock fights......really not that attractive to me, and probably not a safe crowd for a gringo to be at.  Not sure about the bullfighting......too brutal for my liking.

Baseball will be starting, or maybe already has, I may go see a game or two.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #860 on: March 21, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »

Saw on news this morning they broke up a big cock fighting ring in Detroits little Mexico..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #861 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »

I heard about the bust last weekend of the Cock Fighting ring in the D.

Someone complained there were too many cars parked everywhere - which is what tipped off the cops that something was going on.

Funny.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #862 on: April 10, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »

Thank you Red!

You will be missed!

Go Blue!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #864 on: April 29, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »

I like the Lions Draft though 3 rounds.

Not spectacular - not going to win the Mel Kiper award - but I think they are getting solid players that will contribute in areas of need.

I am thinking we finally have a GM?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #865 on: April 30, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »

I like the Lions Draft though 3 rounds.

Not spectacular - not going to win the Mel Kiper award - but I think they are getting solid players that will contribute in areas of need.

I am thinking we finally have a GM?
Best move they made - someone that had experience under NE who also can evaluate talent or have people that can!   

as a side note - I feel sorry for Peppers...  lost in Cleveland where he will get plenty of opportunity as they play a lot a defense there  ;)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #866 on: April 30, 2017, 10:28:32 AM »

as a side note - I feel sorry for Peppers...  lost in Cleveland where he will get plenty of opportunity as they play a lot a defense there  ;)

I love it that the OSU fans are losing their mind that Cleveland traded down - passing on the OSU Safety - to take Peppers that they consider a fraud.

Time will tell if "Moneyball" works in football.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #867 on: April 30, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »

After seeing all the UM draft picks selected...  I was worried we might not be able to put a team on the field this year  :)   

What I did hear was how many of those players were "coached up" to their success!   as they were not his recruits.     One of the best coaches at that... 

I gotta keep remembering to thank SF for their decision to fire him  :) 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #868 on: April 30, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »

Michigan in Rome. Weeks recap from the Blades Kyle Rowland
http://www.toledoblade.com/WheninRome

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #869 on: April 30, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »

That's a very good read, and the videos.....thanks for posting, I sometimes forget to browse through The Blade coverage on occasion.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Up