MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 157   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 96388 times)

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2100 on: April 02, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »

Since you clearly have a reading disability let me summarize again for you.

1.  I was on the state route - not the local route.
2.  I was on the right.
3.  I entered the intersection first, although I was at a slow, cautious speed, while the minivan just ran on through the intersection at around 35 MPH.
4.  The minivan didn't follow a herd of cars across the intersection.  She entered by herself.
5.  I would have had the right of way by any measure.
6.  I had to jam on the brakes to avoid getting T boned by someone running across from the cross street.

Why did you refer to my post their Tiny?  We've been over this.

Now onto your statement.

If the light was "flashing yellow" then it wasn't out.  "Flashing Yellow" is a yield signal - is it not?  Slow down and proceed through the intersection if it is clear.

I have a reading disability?????????

I wasn't saying you were wrong in that intersection, I was pointing out that when lights are out they are NOT a four-way stop which is what you were inferring in your post.

Quote from: Monroe Native on March 10, 2017, 03:54:54 PM
Why is it so confusing that a traffic light that is out is a 4 way stop?
Or do some people just think their time is more important than others?

Quote from: Monroe Native on March 26, 2017, 11:17:40 AM
I think reading the law Blue2 - if you are approaching an intersection with traffic - it kind of IS a 4 way stop.

As far as the Kmart light, I was pointing out that people don't know the law and think it's a four-way stop and cause a traffic backup.

Why do you feel everyone is attacking you?
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2101 on: April 03, 2017, 07:24:06 PM »

I have a reading disability?????????

I wasn't saying you were wrong in that intersection, I was pointing out that when lights are out they are NOT a four-way stop which is what you were inferring in your post.

Quote from: Monroe Native on March 10, 2017, 03:54:54 PM
Why is it so confusing that a traffic light that is out is a 4 way stop?
Or do some people just think their time is more important than others?

Quote from: Monroe Native on March 26, 2017, 11:17:40 AM
I think reading the law Blue2 - if you are approaching an intersection with traffic - it kind of IS a 4 way stop.

As far as the Kmart light, I was pointing out that people don't know the law and think it's a four-way stop and cause a traffic backup.

Why do you feel everyone is attacking you?

Maybe because you keep quoting my post over and over again?

Anyhow - as your quote stated the K-mart light wasn't out - was it?

It was flashing yellow.

Kind of different don't you think Tiny?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #2102 on: April 05, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »

Hey there BRD!!!

I don't show up on MT much any more (too many of my own problems to deal with), so I didn't see your post until just now.

Very sorry to hear about your friends.  I know the pain you're feeling.  As we get older, it's harder to lose a dog that has been at our side for years... In my opinion, in some ways it is more painful than losing a human friend.  Some people might not understand that statement, but I firmly believe it.  The unconditional love that a dog shows us is irreplaceable. 

You are in our thoughts and prayers.  Give the BRD a hug from me.  Take care, my friend.

Hopefully you have seen my post in the 'Pets' thread by now.   She has gone very peacefully.

She got a lot of hugs over the last few days.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  We're doing pretty good but our daughter's pit bull is absolutely lost today.  She mostly always just showed contempt for him...   he was a latecomer in her eyes and just taking up some of her space. 
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2103 on: April 05, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »

Sorry to hear of the loss -  pits can show lots of love too!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2104 on: April 06, 2017, 09:28:09 AM »

Sorry to hear of the loss -  pits can show lots of love too!

Yes they can and this one certainly does.  He's way more 'outspoken' with his affection than the BRD ever was...   she was low key but it was unquestionably her way of showing her affection. 

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2105 on: April 11, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »

It was such a hassle to change the plates and license .  It i done, now  to try to convince my employer that I have moved and to change my address.  Have been trying for a week and can make no headway... wish I worked for a different employer for so many years.
Ready for my knees surgery and am anxious to know if my insurance will cover it.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2106 on: April 12, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

It was such a hassle to change the plates and license .  It i done, now  to try to convince my employer that I have moved and to change my address.  Have been trying for a week and can make no headway... wish I worked for a different employer for so many years.
Ready for my knees surgery and am anxious to know if my insurance will cover it.

New knees - or just some touch up work on the original equipment?

Hope it goes well either way!  Here is hoping for a sexy scar!

;)
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2107 on: April 13, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »

The full moon has been awesome the last few nights.  I've been working on getting some pictures framed between a couple of palm trees in the street:

This was a few evenings ago...   knew when I took it that it was going to be a beautiful moon.  Shortly after I took the picture we left to go out to dinner and by the time we got home it was way, way above the palm trees ;) ;) ;)

This was night before last and later in the evening:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2108 on: April 13, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »

This has become our favorite breakfast haunt...   lots and lots of customers are veterans so almost always someone to talk to.

Also, for some reason I just feel very welcome here:

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2109 on: April 19, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »

Support the local economy as much as possible!

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2110 on: April 19, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »

Gives a new meaning to starting the game Love - Love...

;)
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2111 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »

Contemplating about how long before the North Korean pimple pops.  It's going to pop, the question is when.

If I was South Korea, I'd be getting everyone out of Seoul and as far away as possible.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2112 on: April 21, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »

I think the have other targets in mind as well Flip; it all depends on how capable their missile delivery systems have the capability of reaching.  There are US bases in Japan and Hawaii that short and medium range missiles can reach.

I think he wants to go down as a martyr to perfectly honest because I'm not sure how even in his degenerate mind he thinks he would stand a chance.  He could also be that far off his rocker to be the person that wants to drag the planet into a World War involving the US, Russia, and China.

If there was ever to be a case made for a foreign government to carry out an assassination it would certainly be the case here.  I would just hope that it's Russia or China to squeeze the trigger.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2113 on: April 21, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »

Assassination !!!  Thats my kind of solution. Too easy, too efficient too practical to implement but man would that solve a lot of problems on the cheap. Yes I know its a slippery slope and pretty soon political leaders would be dropping like flies but think of all the time, money and lives that would be saved if Assad and Little Kim were gone tomorrow. Think of what the outcome could have been if Bin Laden  or Hussein would have been taken out with one bullet when they first were determined to be nuts.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2114 on: April 21, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »

I looked at a map today.  The N. Korea is awfully close to Japan ans not far away from Hawaii either.

I read somewhere that Bill Clinton gave N. Korea 2 nuclear reactors and that got them really started on this path.  Kudo's to Bill for that dumb *** move.

Actually, N. Korea has been brewing for decades, unfortunately, it's going to pop on Trump's watch.  Obama was smart in a way, he just ignored what was transpiring.  He drew his 'line in the sand' and then forgot about it.

It would be politically unwise for us to reduce N. Korea to a nuclear wasteland in as much as it physically borders China.

I keep hoping that XI sees the err of PPJ's ways and deals with it because it's a bomb waiting to explode and every day that passes, N. Korea gets closer to nuclear capability.

The dude is totally wacko, or should I say the dude's advisors are.  I don't believe PPJ is actually calling the shots.  For one, he's young and inexperienced and two, the old guard is still in place and power.  H'e's nothing more than a figurehead.

Trump has a real ongoing issue that  will take good advisors and cool heads to deal with.  Nice of Obama to pass it on to Trump.

One thing that I think about is how many Korean Nationals are here in this country and how do they feel about their homeland?  We could have domestic terror cells here, just like the Jihadists. 

I also read that N. Korea has 70 subs and who knows how many have launch capabilities.

Not too happy about the Vinson or any flat top being there.  Carriers are a nice display of military might, but in reality are sitting ducks for any sub warfare.  Much better deploying Destroyers and Frigates.  More manuverable and carry much better fighting capabilities.

Put your carrier groups in Japan.  They can fly from Japan to N. Korea in a matter of minutes if need be.

I'm sure we have a few Trident Class subs there too.  Probably pretty crowded under the surface right now.

What do I know, I'm not a beltway bozo.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 157   Go Up