MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Drone's eye view of the new nat gas fired power plant in Oregon, OH

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drone's eye view of the new nat gas fired power plant in Oregon, OH  (Read 445 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

Pretty high resolution view so may take a bit to load on a slow connection.  Drag it and drop and take a tour.  When you're looking at the tallest crane you're looking at about where Monroe is out across Lake Erie.  Photo was taken on 4/16/16 so it's pretty up to date.

Our son sent it so I'll have to find the info on who took and processed the photos since it's just a link on web at this point.  The refinery just to the left of the tallest red crane is the BP Refinery.

https://round.me/tour/36713/view/89156/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

I got a chance to open the picture on the 'big screen' high res monitor.

You can clearly see the stacks at the DTE plant slightly to the right of the big red crane.   Also can barely see the Fermi even more to the right. 

This is the business that did the photo:

http://www.toledoaerialmedia.com/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

There are some serious down the road problems / issues with Ovomit's clean energy iniitative.  One, it puts a whole industry out of work (coal miners), two, it's really not that clean (still emits greenhouse gases from combustion) but the big issue will be cost down the road.  NG won't stay cheap and the end users (you and I) will pay dearly in the end.

he don't care... He'll be back in Kenya anyway.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1]   Go Up