MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Monroe City council green-lights launch into social media

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe City council green-lights launch into social media  (Read 1566 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Monroe City council green-lights launch into social media
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 09:06:49 PM »

Closed Circuit?

Better to go and see if you can get a councilperson to say something really stupid.
Closed Circuit as in they only broadcast to a limited audience - not on Charter anyhow...     
It was always enjoyable watching the meetings - and they may start becoming entertaining again - (one can only hope)

They were boring with everything being rubber stamped - - :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 06:52:07 PM »

Closed Circuit as in they only broadcast to a limited audience - not on Charter anyhow...     
It was always enjoyable watching the meetings - and they may start becoming entertaining again - (one can only hope)

They were boring with everything being rubber stamped - - :)

Everything appears to be rubber stamped now too.

The only difference is the really "big" motions are made at the end of the meeting, don't appear on the agenda, aren't discussed in any "official" work session or open meeting, and are voted on with little to no discussion.

One example of this would be moving 3 police headcount to the fire department.

If I didn't know any better I would make accusations of people violating the open meetings act - but I am positive John and Bill would NEVER do that.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:31 AM »

I didn't realize the Mayor rubber stamped that...   (My use of term meant that the votes were 7-0 and little or no discussion -  so we are close)
Politicians work the back side all the time -   no quorum with one or two -   
Kind of how the previous County admin did - and I'm not sure how George handled it in the City.   
Nothing in the open meetings act precludes discussions among individuals - they just have to make official decisions in the open.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 08:14:43 AM »

I didn't realize the Mayor rubber stamped that...   (My use of term meant that the votes were 7-0 and little or no discussion -  so we are close)
Kind of how the previous County admin did - and I'm not sure how George handled it in the City.   
Nothing in the open meetings act precludes discussions among individuals - they just have to make official decisions in the open.

Or run a good charade that makes it look like it was all done 'above board' :o :o :o

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »

He did not.  I believe Kellie Vining also stated that she simply couldn't make a decision of that magnitude with no information, and voted no.

It doesn't have to be unanimous to carry a motion last time I checked Prof.

Funny how they all campaigned on attacking Heroin, then they took cops off the streets.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 09:21:53 AM »

He did not.  I believe Kellie Vining also stated that she simply couldn't make a decision of that magnitude with no information, and voted no.

Funny how they all campaigned on attacking Heroin, then they took cops off the streets.
MY point then...  rubber stamping was back when all the votes were 7-0 and sessions were boring :)
You need some dialogue and discussion from time to time - but it appears those in dissent  may not have the debating skills necessary ;)

Have them sign up here and practice!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »

MY point then...  rubber stamping was back when all the votes were 7-0 and sessions were boring :)
You need some dialogue and discussion from time to time - but it appears those in dissent  may not have the debating skills necessary ;)

Have them sign up here and practice!

Brian is the only one who ever had the guts to get on here!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

My question is, when did the city council take officers off the street?  My understanding was that the council just reduced openings on the police dept from 6 to 3  Please correct me if I am wrong  My interpretation was that the police chief made his assignments on the premise of filling those 6 spots  When those spots are not being filled, he has to shift personnel around to utilize what he presently has, not what he projected to have.  And from what I have been told, the city is having major problems filling ANY open police spots.  Seems no one has been able to pass either the background check, or the psychiatric test

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2016, 11:22:31 PM »

I'm avoiding this thread.  I don'r care of the whole town falls in the sewage tank at the wastewater treatment plant...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 09:52:16 AM »

Brian is the only one who ever had the guts to get on here!
And see how much practice he got in debating :) !

I hadn't heard much about police unable to fill vacancies - but with the current HR set up I don't find it hard to believe.     They are currently paying a county retiree to do a job that gets outsourced at all levels.    Great gig if you can keep getting away with it. 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up