MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Monroe History > Workaround to see photos stored on PhotoBucket and linked here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workaround to see photos stored on PhotoBucket and linked here  (Read 172 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

Ok, I tried this last night on my new laptop and it worked ok but I was looking at one of my own photos so wanted to test it again on someone else.

The first one I found was a post in the old firetrucks from Professor H.

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26223.msg559503#msg559503

For the record I was using Chrome on my laptop and now I'm on my little Chromebook so not sure if this will work with IE or FireFox or any other number of browsers...   if you have one of those and you try it an it works please let us know.

Ok, my 'workaround'.  Right click on the photo and select "open image in new tab".

I can instantly see the professor's photo...   I'm wondering if this is an omission on PhotoBucket's efforts or if they plan on leaving it this way.  I guess I won't be surprised to see them 'fix' this at a later date.

I guess if you see a picture you like you better 'copy' it and save it yourself ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Workaround to see photos stored on PhotoBucket and linked here
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

Ok, I tried this last night on my new laptop and it worked ok but I was looking at one of my own photos so wanted to test it again on someone else.

The first one I found was a post in the old firetrucks from Professor H.

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26223.msg559503#msg559503

For the record I was using Chrome on my laptop and now I'm on my little Chromebook so not sure if this will work with IE or FireFox or any other number of browsers...   if you have one of those and you try it an it works please let us know.

Ok, my 'workaround'.  Right click on the photo and select "open image in new tab".

I can instantly see the professor's photo...   I'm wondering if this is an omission on PhotoBucket's efforts or if they plan on leaving it this way.  I guess I won't be surprised to see them 'fix' this at a later date.

I guess if you see a picture you like you better 'copy' it and save it yourself ;) ;) ;)

I had to do it twice - first time sent me to my own gallary with the same "we want your $400 screen"... but after doing it on that image it finally did show the pic! 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Workaround to see photos stored on PhotoBucket and linked here
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »

I had to do it twice - first time sent me to my own gallary with the same "we want your $400 screen"... but after doing it on that image it finally did show the pic!

Yes, it seems to do more strange things when it's your own photos...   more cookies involved to mess things up I think.

I tried it on my phone (Android) and it worked there too.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up