MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:45:07 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by The Fuzz
And now the promised rain is getting settled in for the long haul it looks like.  A nice gentle rain wouldn't be too bad but I see where some in the area may get up to an inch and a half today!  Too much all at one time!!!

Nice slow one here too.......set up a chair in the garage looking out the back door.  Soothing!

on: Today at 02:43:55 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by The Fuzz
It was a beautiful sunrise!   

Who said climate change was bad?     I'm thinking property values will rise once the word is out!

It looks like I'll have to break out the long pants this week...

That was about the prettiest shade of red/blue I have ever seen!

on: Today at 02:29:37 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
With all the really lousy drivers there are on the road it's refreshing to see someone getting accolades for their driving.  I think I've posted about this man before or they just have a lot of good UPS drivers up in the Livonia area.

http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/news/2017/10/18/ups-driver-celebrates-55-accident-free-years/106769938/

Yes I did...   same guy...

I wonder how long he's planning to keep working?

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=30388.msg690759#msg690759

on: Today at 02:18:59 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
With all the really lousy drivers there are on the road it's refreshing to see someone getting accolades for their driving.  I think I've posted about this man before or they just have a lot of good UPS drivers up in the Livonia area.

http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/news/2017/10/18/ups-driver-celebrates-55-accident-free-years/106769938/

on: Today at 02:06:06 PM 
Started by Mayonnaise - Last post by BigRedDog
In the restaurant business you are only as good as your cooks/help!    

I noticed a change for R diner as I stopped in - didn't know it was ownership - although the spot that he sat in wasn't occupied  :) 

Public House is still a step up - for the short drive through town.   

On the changes at Joes French Italian - they chased away a long time customer by doing away with some of their traditional dishes over  "healthy" stuff they claimed...     This person had been going their with a small group for nearly 30 years and now he's gone elsewhere!      Not what you want to do unless you've completely changed the business model and type of food - and if so why not change the name on the front of the building to match!

Many businesses are like that however in the food service industry the 'bad help' can sink you in very short order.  You can spend years building up your business just to have one or two slackers kill your efforts in just a few days!

I haven't been to Joe's for years...   no real reason why other than we have favorites closer to home or in Toledo.

Yes, Public House is a step up from R Diner but so are their prices.  I enjoy going to both and don't mind paying more at Public House but I'm getting something that is typically more unique too.

We had to run up to Taylor this morning so my wife could have a medical procedure and we still managed to get back to R Diner before 11 am.  I had an omelette and it was very, very good.  Fair price, good service.

The ONE complaint I have is we had two flies buzzing around us while we were eating...  very distracting.  We were sitting where my wife could see into the kitchen door and at one point she commented:  "no wonder there are flies...   the back door to the kitchen is standing wide open"!!!

I did speak with 'the greeter gal' on the way out and she said that Mondays and Fridays are bad because those are major delivery days so the door ends up open longer.  I'm not sure what the answer is to that but it is very distracting to have to keep the flies off your food...   I kind of expect that at an outdoor picnic but not inside a restaurant :-\ :-\ :-\

on: Today at 01:56:38 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
And now the promised rain is getting settled in for the long haul it looks like.  A nice gentle rain wouldn't be too bad but I see where some in the area may get up to an inch and a half today!  Too much all at one time!!!

on: Today at 12:19:21 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
Ever since I moved here, except for the RR and BH years, Michigan football is overrated generally ---- and I say that as a fan.  They have a way to go to compete on the level year after year as say like a Ohio State.  Jealousy aside, now that is a top notch program and led by a great coach in Urban Meyer.  Take the off-field issues out of it.

Dantonio has been a breathe of fresh air to the Big10 and a damned good coach; taking MI State to where he has over the last 7 to 10 years is a job very well done.  Again, take the off-field issues aside.

This year....I kept thinking to myself UM is not deserving of the rank considering graduation and players taken in the NFL draft.  Well, as much as it pains me to say it, and with their starting QB out (both of which suck IMO)......they are a Top 20 to 30 team. 

Harbaugh has some development work to do and I wish him the best of luck, but this team is just average.

on: Today at 11:51:08 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H
I had my coffee out on the back patio this morning to watch the sun come up.......in a tee shirt and my boxers.  Is it really late October?
It was a beautiful sunrise!   

Who said climate change was bad?     I'm thinking property values will rise once the word is out!

It looks like I'll have to break out the long pants this week...

on: Today at 11:47:09 AM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Professor H
I'm thinking that someone was correct in saying the Judge allowing the woman beater from Ohio State to play for dallas - Must have him on his Fantasy team!   

They have clear cut power (the NFL) ceded to them by the players association - as proven in the Brady Case...  No evidence needed they can do what they want!

on: Today at 11:45:01 AM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Professor H
I'm thinking Outback Steakhouse bowl -   ready to book my flight! 

Funny at the beginning of the year everyone said - Its a rebuilding year - then they saw the progress the defense made - and Speight was managing games...   Dirty hit took out QB and Defense can't play the entire game - needs some balance!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10