MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:27:42 AM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by SidecarFlip
I was going to cut hay tomorrow.  Guess I'll wait until next weekend now.  Not enough dry down time.  Garden is getting planted,  Got taters in, cabbage, onions, brussels sprouts, peppers and zuchini .  Need to get in corn, beets and carrots.

Big garden this year, lots of green beans and onions, red, white and yellow.  Put 100 pounds of 46 on.

on: May 27, 2018, 10:10:31 PM 
Started by Kazimer - Last post by CatLady
Gone but not forgotten.

on: May 27, 2018, 09:58:46 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Let me give you a tip. Look up and listen to Les Brown on you tube. It don't get no better than that. Even though I'm a supposed racist conservative let me tell you this black American is the best motivational speaker I've ever heard. That's all.

on: May 27, 2018, 09:13:14 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by BigRedDog
Like thee old saying goes..  You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool an astute Township Supervisor.

Too bad the job don't pay what the level of grief is.

Especially when some old goat decides to sucker punch you!!!

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/83-year-old-bound-over-for-punching-12947510.php

on: May 27, 2018, 09:08:32 PM 
Sure Dems going to win in big city welfare districts. But with all that’s happening I don’t see them getting control. If they do it’s all rigged.
The biggest problem may be nobody votes because they don’t care anymore

I don't think it is because they don't care anymore, they worry their votes don't matter. Well they did matter when we elected Trump. not Hillary, that's something.

on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:55 PM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by BigRedDog
In the last hour or two the 'core' speeds have jumped from 50 to 65 mph.  The graphic isn't labeled but it's from The Weather Channel's Twitter feed. 

on: May 27, 2018, 08:53:48 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by blue2
Sure Dems going to win in big city welfare districts. But with all that’s happening I don’t see them getting control. If they do it’s all rigged.
The biggest problem may be nobody votes because they don’t care anymore

on: May 27, 2018, 08:46:06 PM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by BigRedDog
That is kind of interesting that a number of people are looking but never make a comment. Surely there must be something they agree or disagree with

I just looked right now and these are the 'current' online viewers.

25 Guests, 1 User (5 Spiders)

This represent 'me' posting and 19 live person lurkers.  This is actually one of the lowest numbers I've noticed in the last several weeks.  But, for the record, it's Sunday evening in the middle of the Memorial Day weekend. 

A more 'typical' number is around 30 lurkers.  Sometimes I check my phone if I have to get up in the night and it's typical to see around a dozen lurkers even in the middle of the night. 

on: May 27, 2018, 08:44:06 PM 
One of the Obama pukes was talking about the importance of the FBI being independent of the government. Not so. The FBI's job is to enforce the law, be blindfolded in that pursuit. It
is also overseen by the Congress. Maybe looking for perfection is too much, but the blatant farce of an exoneration of Hillary Clinton and the dogged pursuit of Trump on literally trumped up charges is hard to stomach.     

When will a leftist be held accountable in this country? Fast and Furious was a huge scandal.
It got buried by the Obama Administration, the Obama DOJ, and the Deep state. In lead up to the 2012 presidential election Obama IRS was targeting Obama opponents of the conservative persuasion, not maybe, they were. Lois Lerner even admitted it, and she was the one in charge of running the program. Well the IRS bureaucracy/(a segment of the Deep state if you will) and the Obama IRS commissioner slipped, slid and slithered out from under having to provide documents, evidence if you will. While the IRS stone walled,  the MSM provided cover. It wasn't a matter that the MSM wasn't aware of the malfeasance, they were, the problem was for them to expose it would hurt their allies in the struggle. Lois Lerner's punishment? None. She retired with a pension. Yeah, so let's talk about the rule of law.   

Well I am an American first kind of guy. I don't much care for the Republicans, and they certainly are in need of a major tune up, but we have no choice. The path the Dems  are seeking to lead us on is one of tyranny. Time passes and they persistently act to gradually assume more control over more aspects of our lives.

on: May 27, 2018, 08:40:26 PM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by BigRedDog
When we're in Florida in the winter we often see pelicans along either coast and now they're recently showing up right here in Monroe County.  Apparently all the money that has been poured into restoring the shoreline wetlands has had a positive impact. 

We've seen more swans this year than ever before down at the Erie Marsh but apparently we missed the pelicans when they were down there.  Now they're seeing them at the north end of the county at Pointe Mouilee.  We'll have to take a road trip this week and see if we can see any familiar faces. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/26/pelican-sightings-rise-michigan-lake-erie/637363002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I remember Christmas of 1984.  We were camping at Bradenton and it was 'jacket' weather.  We had gone to lunch out on one of the barrier islands along the Gulf coast west of Bradenton-Sarasota.  There was a restaurant there that rotated while you ate.  I don't remember the name and I'm not sure if it's still there.  We tried to find a few years ago and didn't find it but that doesn't mean it's gone either.  Anyway, when we came out from lunch there was a one legged pelican hamming it up in the parking lot.  He definitely knew how to draw a crowd.  No one seemed to know how he lost a leg and he wasn't talking.  If anyone sees a one legged pelican at Pointe Mouilee ask him if he remembers me 8) 8) 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10