MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:32:49 PM 
Started by Collegekid - Last post by The Fuzz
No doubt quantum physics!

Deductive logic or digital logic?

on: Today at 03:25:43 PM 
Started by excelsior - Last post by excelsior
I have the memo!I'm so happy to be able to share it.Thank you my republican brother Excelsior for doing all your hard work and spending so much of your time on this site to keep us TRUMP fans excited and to discredit any questioning about our man TRUMP! Obama and Hilary and Meuller are going down! TRUMP is the greatest president ever and would never do anything illegal!

I am sure you know that I did not vote for Trump.  But, this being the 1 year anniversary of the Trump presidency I decided to run a report on my retirement plan performance since Donald took office.  Here's the results: 

Your cumulative personal rate-of-return during this period: 11.0%

It appears that you were right about Trump again and I was wrong.   I am sorry that doubted you and the Donald.  I could have done much better if only would listened to you that Trump was going to win and stayed in the market.   Instead, I cashed out thinking that HRC would win and it cost me bigly.   

If only you knew football like you know politics.

on: Today at 02:27:12 PM 
Started by Collegekid - Last post by FritzTheKat
sweet

quantum physics or nuclear medicine?

on: Today at 11:10:49 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I think this was on a city fire dispatch yesterday.

"The victim is 'partially' trapped in the vehicle!"

I'm not sure exactly which part of the victim's body was trapped...

or maybe which part wasn't trapped ??? ??? ???

I know if I was the one trapped it wouldn't be a laughing matter but sometimes some of these calls leave a little to the imagination.

Typically the dispatcher merely passes along the information they are getting from the victim or from John Q. Citizen at the scene.

I didn't ever hear any major discussion from the scene so it must not have been a complicated call.

on: Today at 10:18:55 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
Geesus. People are just plain ignorant.
A Mich trooper had a guy pulled over today off of Smith. Both veh were on a cross street but just around the corner from Smith. I slowed when I saw the flashers because I didn’t know what was going on. An impatient guy behind me beeped. Wanted me to blow by I guess.

People are in a hurry to get nowhere.  Think I'd have flipped him off.

on: Today at 08:21:42 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
I'd been watching the freighters stack up in the ice around the straits. 

No fear, the Biscayne Bay is on the way!!!

Until they lost an engine!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01/coast_guard_cutter_suffers_eng.html#incart_river_home

Now they're waiting for the Mackinaw to head that way from down here!

on: Today at 08:18:05 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
That works for a change....

on: Today at 08:03:08 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
A colorful sunrise and a thermostat above 32 8) 8) 8)

on: January 19, 2018, 08:08:41 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by blue2
Well it doesn't say much for the citizens of Michigan if this makes the ballot and they don't vote for it.
Do they think the politicians are really working for them and making their lives better?

on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:02 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
Lot of money for a brain box on the front of a conventional gas control valve.  We have Rod Garst propane.  You'd think he'd give me a deal on propane, I do hunt with him but...no deal...lol

Actually Garst is usually less than anyone else.  I own both tanks so I can fill with anyone and have accounts everywhere.  I always price shop and always fill in the late summer when gas is the lowest.  2 tanks carries me all winter even heating the shop.

The electric hybrids are expensive but so are the power vents and the LP power vents is a hard animal to find.

We have the same issue with tanks, about 10-12 years and they start to leak.  It's the well water I guess.  The current one I have, electric, I drain every time I fill my H2O2 injection unit which averages once a month.  You'd be amazed at the amount of crud I get out of the bottom, mostly crystalized calcium and some iron oxide.  The calcium comes out in small chunks in the water.  I figure that is what destroys the tank.  I could probably change out the anode rod as I'm sure it's long gone.

I know I have to change the anode rod every year in the propane HWH in the RV.  It gets eaten away every year and has to be replaced and I get the same white chunks in the bottom of the RV water heater I get in the one in the basement and likewise they have to be flushed out as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10