MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:33:40 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by blue2
Cool. I'll have to do the same thing. Perhaps if you get a veteran ID it will get digitized. I've been wanting to do that but never get near a VA office with my DD214

on: Today at 09:29:39 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I saw an article on this several months ago and then it had kind of slipped my mind.  I'm sure they won't have the selection that Amazon or Walmart have but it should still be a viable option for some mainstream products.

I started the registration process last night but I've already hit a wall...   guess I'm too old to have had my discharge info digitized so the computer couldn't find me.  I have my DD 214 here (somewhere) so I'll just scan it and upload (from what I'm reading on the site) and they should be able to allow my access in 3-4 days.  However apparently it will be November 11th (Veteran's Day) before we can actually start placing orders. 

http://www.monroenews.com/zz/shareable/20170720/honorably-discharged-veterans-will-soon-get-to-shop-tax-free

on: Today at 09:13:33 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by blue2
spin

on: Today at 09:12:06 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
I'd have to say I watched a lot of the murder trial. After that I didn't follow him much. I still think the arrest in Vegas was a set up to get him because he slipped the murder conviction.
But now I don't get all the hype. 
The media needs to focus on Trumps collusion with the Russians and especially the 10 min meeting he had with Putin that nobody knew about.  How shameful..

on: Today at 09:10:46 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Newport-Bill

on: Today at 08:55:16 AM 
Started by Collegekid - Last post by BigRedDog
One article said they had "talent" in Florida...    Curious if he had any recruit visits to Florida during that ... miss dial  :)

I saw one of his explanations last night was that he was trying to call a number in Florida with an 813 area code and he inadvertently dialed 313...   Florida does have an 813 code so I guess it could be plausible.  The investigators have the entire number he dialed in the 313 area so seems easy enough to change the first 3 to an 8 and dial and see who answers!

I just don't think we're getting the 'rest of the story' quite yet.  Seems the rest of the story always does manage to leak out somehow though ;) ;) ;)

on: Today at 08:50:09 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
Anyone else notice how the Main Stream Media has been building up the "new" OJ Simpson story. I keep hearing it's the most watched story and on the minds of millions of people. The nation is on the edge of their seats.

Personally, neither I, nor anyone I've been around has the slightest interest in whether he gets paroled or not. And I'm guessing if it hasn't been blasted on every newscast for the last two weeks, 99.97% of the public wouldn't give a hoot.

You can add my name to the list of not giving a hoot.  I didn't watch his murder trial and unless I overheard something inadvertently on the news I didn't follow anything since the end of his murder trial. 

Television especially smells some $$$ with him somehow so they're staying busy to create some 'demand' for more people to follow the story.  It's all about PROFITS!

on: Today at 08:46:06 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Maverick
box

on: Today at 08:09:10 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
I wonder how long before the first 'bad guy' will decide to 'make a run' from the new Ford F150 police truck because they've never been 'pursuit rated' before?!

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/07/ford_unveils_responder_first_p.html#incart_river_home

I'm not impressed.  Lot of production cars today that can 'suck the paint right off' any 150 pickup ever made.

on: Today at 08:02:01 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
He's an idiot, but so is the media (idiots).  I don't give a hoot about him either.  Like it's news that Comey is doing a book deal, who cares.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10