MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Morel Mushrooms

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Morel Mushrooms  (Read 4591 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Morel Mushrooms
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/05/morels_for_sale_heres_what_mic.html

Too funny!  Don't even think of selling me some mushrooms BRD! :)

I'd have to have a lot of them before I'd even think about selling any!!!

We've been back out looking every day, sometimes twice a day and haven't found anymore :( :( :(
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »

I've been out a few times checking our 'prime' spot...

the apple tree that's been there since we moved here finally blew over this winter...

it was all hollow and I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has anyway.

I'm not sure if maybe I should plant another apple tree there or just let it go...

I've seen a few vehicles parked along the roads in presumed good areas so I think people are out and 'on the hunt'...

Looks like things are better on the west side of the state:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/05/michigan_morel_season_perking.html#incart_river

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »

Our oldest son went our for a walk this evening and this is what he found on his walk!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »

Don't pick them all, you need a few left to propogate them again next spring.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »

My brother has found 75 and my nephew found 53 but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to my computer so I can't post them.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 10:55:57 PM »

My brother has found 75 and my nephew found 53 but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to my computer so I can't post them.

Just eat them....  I like 'em sauteed in butter in a fry pan until slightly brown.

I made a big mistake picking all of them 2 years ago under our pine trees.  I should have left a couple for more...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »

With 'most phones' I've dealt with (I don't do Iphones though) you've got two options...

1.  a cable connection and then you open your windows explorer (on a PC, no idea on a Mac...) 

once you find your phone look for a file that says 'camera' or DCIM (digital camera image something)...

find your photo and cut and paste it to your computer....

2.  bluetooth...   All recent phones have it and even most desktop computers...  I would say all laptops today...   

pair the two devices and transfer the selected photos...  the rough part is sometimes figuring out where the picture ended up on the computer!!!  Search and you'll find it!!!

And the work around!!!

Email the photo to someone...  even yourself...  from your phone!!!   Then open your email on your computer and if you sent it to yourself it's right there...  if you sent it to someone else just open your 'sent email' folder and it will be right there...  download it to your computer!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »

With 'most phones' I've dealt with (I don't do Iphones though) you've got two options...

1.  a cable connection and then you open your windows explorer (on a PC, no idea on a Mac...) 

once you find your phone look for a file that says 'camera' or DCIM (digital camera image something)...

2.  bluetooth...   All recent phones have it and even most desktop computers...  I would say all laptops today...   

pair the two devices and transfer the selected photos...  the rough part is sometimes figuring out where the picture ended up on the computer!!!  Search and you'll find it!!!

And the work around!!!

Email the photo to someone...  even yourself...  from your phone!!!   Then open your email on your computer and if you sent it to yourself it's right there...  if you sent it to someone else just open your 'sent email' folder and it will be right there...  download it to your computer!
Good to know since my first smart phone should arrive today.

The Virgin Mobile prepaid $20 every 3 months flip phone was a great deal but didn't have all the options available to a $10 a month Republic smart phone.

I could have used it the other day when a small imported SUV with a passenger that looked like a gnome stopped in front of my drive for a stare-down.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 09:51:39 AM »

I could have used it the other day when a small imported SUV with a passenger that looked like a gnome stopped in front of my drive for a stare-down.

Probably one of your 'friends'. ;D

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »

And the work around!!!

They were sent to me in a text and I'm trying to email it to myself but can't find an option to do it. I googled it and it says I need an APP for that but when I download an APP they don't work either.

I'm going up tp my sons house today he will figure it out.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »

Interesting how around here, it's mostly whites.  Up north on my property, it mostly blacks.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »

Interesting how around here, it's mostly whites.  Up north on my property, it mostly blacks.
RACIST!! JK  ;D
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »

RACIST!! JK  ;D

They all taste good....  (cooked).

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

They were sent to me in a text and I'm trying to email it to myself but can't find an option to do it. I googled it and it says I need an APP for that but when I download an APP they don't work either.

I'm going up tp my sons house today he will figure it out.

I'm not a major texter but my wife gets pictures by text and emails them to me all the time so I know it's possible. 

Can you download the picture direct to the phones memory (save file as) and then cable or bluetooth it to your computer?

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 07:59:51 PM »

Major reason I finally succumbed to the Apple.. Iphone - it was smarter than my blackberry!

I've seen lots of mushrooms but none that appear like those in the pics...  do they grow in special areas?   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up