MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 314   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 214319 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #4485 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »

More on the guy that was driving 'distracted' in the double fatal crash on US 23 last week.  He is a conditioning coach for the MSU basketball team!

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/MSU-training-coach-arrested-in-fatal-crash-distracted-driving-suspected-434961633.html
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4486 on: July 18, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »

A huge fire out in Nevada from an oil well mishap.  Burned several homes and the smoke even closed I-80 at one point. 

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4487 on: July 18, 2017, 10:11:30 AM »

The Toledo paper reporting Ohio leading the nation in Medicaid costs. Spending 17.1 cents out of every dollar. Michigan only 12%. Tie that in with all the other free stuff and people wonder why schools and road construction suffer..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4488 on: July 18, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »

Just another example of Obama-care saving the country.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4489 on: July 20, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

Firefighting is often a 'thrill a minute' job and you never know for sure how your day is going to go...

but this is not something that happens every day ;) ;) ;)

All of our pumper trucks had a 'hose' bed in the area the article mentions and if you could stay away from the metal couplings you could actually get pretty comfortable up there.

It doesn't mention that alcohol was involved in this 'incident' but I wouldn't be surprised...

No one claims to know her but I wonder how many might recognize her ;) ;) ;)

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/07/naked_woman_found_on_top_of_fi.html#incart_river_home

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4490 on: July 20, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Firefighting is often a 'thrill a minute' job and you never know for sure how your day is going to go...

but this is not something that happens every day ;) ;) ;)

All of our pumper trucks had a 'hose' bed in the area the article mentions and if you could stay away from the metal couplings you could actually get pretty comfortable up there.

It doesn't mention that alcohol was involved in this 'incident' but I wouldn't be surprised...

No one claims to know her but I wonder how many might recognize her ;) ;) ;)

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/07/naked_woman_found_on_top_of_fi.html#incart_river_home

LOL 
the idea comes from the movie  "backdraft" ... 

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4491 on: July 20, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »

I wonder how long before the first 'bad guy' will decide to 'make a run' from the new Ford F150 police truck because they've never been 'pursuit rated' before?!

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/07/ford_unveils_responder_first_p.html#incart_river_home

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4492 on: July 20, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »

LOL 
the idea comes from the movie  "backdraft" ...

The 'backdraft' surprise might have been on her if there had been a call for that truck during the night.

She might have gotten a lot more 'exposure' than she was counting on :o :o :o

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4493 on: July 21, 2017, 07:30:30 AM »

Anyone else notice how the Main Stream Media has been building up the "new" OJ Simpson story. I keep hearing it's the most watched story and on the minds of millions of people. The nation is on the edge of their seats.

Personally, neither I, nor anyone I've been around has the slightest interest in whether he gets paroled or not. And I'm guessing if it hasn't been blasted on every newscast for the last two weeks, 99.97% of the public wouldn't give a hoot.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4494 on: July 21, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »

He's an idiot, but so is the media (idiots).  I don't give a hoot about him either.  Like it's news that Comey is doing a book deal, who cares.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4495 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:10 AM »

I wonder how long before the first 'bad guy' will decide to 'make a run' from the new Ford F150 police truck because they've never been 'pursuit rated' before?!

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/07/ford_unveils_responder_first_p.html#incart_river_home

I'm not impressed.  Lot of production cars today that can 'suck the paint right off' any 150 pickup ever made.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4496 on: July 21, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »

Anyone else notice how the Main Stream Media has been building up the "new" OJ Simpson story. I keep hearing it's the most watched story and on the minds of millions of people. The nation is on the edge of their seats.

Personally, neither I, nor anyone I've been around has the slightest interest in whether he gets paroled or not. And I'm guessing if it hasn't been blasted on every newscast for the last two weeks, 99.97% of the public wouldn't give a hoot.

You can add my name to the list of not giving a hoot.  I didn't watch his murder trial and unless I overheard something inadvertently on the news I didn't follow anything since the end of his murder trial. 

Television especially smells some $$$ with him somehow so they're staying busy to create some 'demand' for more people to follow the story.  It's all about PROFITS!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4497 on: July 21, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »

I'd have to say I watched a lot of the murder trial. After that I didn't follow him much. I still think the arrest in Vegas was a set up to get him because he slipped the murder conviction.
But now I don't get all the hype. 
The media needs to focus on Trumps collusion with the Russians and especially the 10 min meeting he had with Putin that nobody knew about.  How shameful..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4498 on: July 23, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »

A strong storm cell moved through from NW to SE this afternoon.  Lots of trees down and some power lines pulled down too.  Our son called and said their power was out and that he was going to get pizza for dinner so we loaded the portable generator up and took over to their house.  We had pizza for dinner and then got the generator going so he could plug in the freezer and the refrigerator.

The DTE outage website said the power would be back on a 8:35...   they only missed by 7 minutes.  Back on at 8:42.

We left them the generator 'just in case'.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4499 on: July 24, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »

Looks like DTE worked from the south toward the north out in Ida overnight.  Power is back on in the village area other than a few local spots.  Still some outlying areas without and DTE isn't even giving any estimates for those.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 314   Go Up