MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > The Weather

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 14537 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: The Weather
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »

I still think we're going to get mostly rain.  The snow will come, but a lot of it will melt before it starts piling up.  I'm guessing a couple inches, maybe three when it's all done.

That is AFTER we get about an inch of rain.

The roads are going to be a MESS!!!!!

Above freezing on Friday and way above freezing on Saturday.....46.  The mud is coming.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 09:19:47 PM »

The big blower is still sitting right where I dropped it last spring...  and it will stay there.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »

Huge snow flake sizes in the St. Louis area......had to chuckle at the forecasters.  One station said "elephant" ear size, and the other more realistic one said "hamster" size.

Calling for 4 to 7 inches of heavy, wet snow.......this is the same storm tracking Monroe way.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »

Slush storm is what we had so far... 

Enough for the County to start spreading some of that Salt so they can buy more next year...  and who knows - a few hours of Overtime.

I'll be watching the progress on the internet with the new tracking system they should have had installed by now   ;)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »

Actually, I think I jinxed it for everybody.

I put the plow back on my truck today.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not often I put the snow plow on my truck while wearing a t-shirt, on a sunny day!!!!

I was out and mowing with the tractor yesterday...   

had on a sweatshirt but no jacket and I was pretty comfortable!

Huge snow flake sizes in the St. Louis area......had to chuckle at the forecasters.  One station said "elephant" ear size, and the other more realistic one said "hamster" size.

Calling for 4 to 7 inches of heavy, wet snow.......this is the same storm tracking Monroe way.

That sounds about like what they're predicting here but I have seen predictions all over place.  First they go up and then they go down...

I guess whatever we get we'll just have to live with ;) ;) ;)

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »

I've seen this in Bay City several times over the years.  The depth of the water near the mouth of the Saginaw River (which is at the SW corner of Saginaw Bay) can change by 6 or even 8 feet in one day depending on which way the wind is blowing.  As mentioned in this article it makes the river 'flow backwards'...

I would assume the River Raisin does the same thing (maybe to a lesser degree because it doesn't have the funnel effect that the Bay gives the river in Bay City). 

Wouldn't it be neat if the MonroeNew reporters would go out with their cameras (cell phones even) and take some photos similar to these 8) 8) 8)

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2016/02/saginaw_river_flows_backwards.html#incart_river_home

I saw this picture and it made me think of all the money being spent to 'study' and make the alley off of W. Front street more attractive...

I'm sorry but an alley in an old town like Monroe or Bay City is just going to look like an alley in an old town ;D ;D ;D

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2016/02/saginaw_river_flows_backwards.html#incart_river_home

And never forget...

Bay City is the town that brought us Madonna :o :o :o

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »

CL and I had to make an emetgency run to the Vet's in Blissfield this morning. one of our house cats was wonky (falling over), he's a resuce, a 3 legged shot in the face by some azzhole who had to have one front leg amputated, he does real well on 3 btw but not this morning so off the Blissfield we went.

I had the old buggy in 4wd.  it was heavy and slushy on all the roads (Adrian-Blissfield to Rogers to 223).  Not a nice day for a drive, especially with a very unhappy feline in a darrier in the back....

I turned to rain about noon and most of what was here has disappeared and the road out front is it's usual quagmire.

If it freezes tonight, with all the water ponded on the roads (from the slush plowed off and banked), it will be a skating rink big time.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

I had my plowing done by 11:00am.  I was plowing more water than snow, but my clients were happy to see me.  That way their customers didn't have to wade thru slush to get into their stores.  I'll be up and out at 3:00am to see if we got any more snow.  I don't think we will. 
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »

We just came home from Toledo and drove in the rain all the way.  I came in and changed my clothes and went down to the barn to get the barn dog and it was snowing when I went out the back door.  Changed over in that short time...

We don't have any place we have to be tomorrow morning so we'll put on some extra coffee and watch the dogs go out and play in the snow...

maybe work on some indoor projects ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »

The youngest daughter got her first dose of nasty Florida weather today...

a tornado...

not a hurricane...

I've often wondered which would be worse :-\ :-\ :-\

They came in and warned that some rotation had been spotted just a few miles to the SW of where she was and they had to 'shelter in place' under their desks!!!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20160224/ARTICLE/160229834

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 05:09:10 AM »

Just had the first dog outside...

he was't exactly overwhelmed by the snow!

We have 'maybe' 3-4 to and inch...

hard to tell exactly since I didn't get out very far from the back door. 

It was the 'barn dog' that wanted out and he was happy to 'lick up' some snow even though he'd had a nice long drink before he went outside.  I really do think it's too warm inside for him and he eats the snow to help 'cool down'. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 05:16:03 AM »

We have a bit more on the back deck.  Maybe an inch and it's snowing...  I bet the roads are real nice this morning.....lol

Bump shop time.

Cats went out.....cats came in.... ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 05:53:09 AM »

Several Toledo area schools are closed for the day so far.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2016, 05:55:33 AM »

13ABC Toledo just did a live shot from Onsted and they were showing about 7" on the ground! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up