MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Dancing Stranger Tries To Lure Children in Rockwood.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dancing Stranger Tries To Lure Children in Rockwood.  (Read 353 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Dancing Stranger Tries To Lure Children in Rockwood.
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:30 AM »

Rockwood is getting pretty close to Monroe :-\ :-\ :-\

Caron Tolstyka said the stranger stopped near her home while she, her husband, and 5-year-old daughter were outside playing.

Tolstyka said her husband was first to become suspicious. "My husband is the one who caught on quick," she said. "He started running after the guy and he told me to go call 911."

On the 911 recording, Tolstyka described what happened.

"There was just a man that just pulled up to the front of my house where my children were playing and he turned up this..uh... music, and started dancing and he said, 'Hey kids, this is your special day.'" Tolstyka said during the 911 call.

The stranger drove off in a dark-blue Volvo. According to police, this isn't the first time the same man was spotted in the area.

"My husband and I were shocked," Tolstyka said. "He (the stranger) didn't care that my husband and I were both out here when it happened."

The man is described as white, 40-to-50 years old, with gray hair and a reddish complexion

The rest of the article with video at:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27508996/detail.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:24:04 AM by BigRedDog »
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

family man

• Hero Talker
Re: Dancing Stranger Tries To Lure Children in Rockwood.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 06:44:49 AM »

Here's a follow up from Channel 7's website:

BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Police in Brownstown Township say they have identified a man who had worried parents in the area after approaching children over the weekend.

Officers say the man drove down Groat Boulevard on Sunday afternoon. Caron Tolstyka was outside with her husband and two of their daughters when a man in a blue Volvo pulled up to their house.

“He said this is your day. And then he turned up this music, it sounded like circus music,” Tolstyka said. She said the man then began clapping and dancing as if to lure the children to come near him.

Police say they received calls identifying the man minutes after an Action News report aired on Monday. They are not releasing his name, but say that he is in his 60s and has early stage dementia. He is not under arrest and has been told what he did was wrong.

Parents in the area say they are relieved he has been identified.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/police-search-for-strange-man-who-approached-kids-in-brownstown-township
Pages: [1]   Go Up