MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:24:59 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by blue2
I live on a street of 20 homes.  We have 5 different trash pickups. 

on: Today at 10:21:28 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by blue2
I'm still of opinion that only people with Doctors approval for a know symptom would be allowed to be in the work place with a minimum level of marijuana in their system.
I'd rather not have to work with people that have to use marijuana to get through the day, especially in a dangerous environment.

on: Today at 08:31:12 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by The Fuzz
Good read.  Even NRML, and most casual users, recognize pot does not belong in the workplace.....right along with alcohol.

Passage of the ballot initiative isn't going to change workplace usage, but what is screwed up is the testing methods of when a person last got a buzz and how much is in his system. People who intend to jump into the market, and organizations that would benefit from passage should be investing money into research for a testing method that clearly defines how much is in your system, and an approximate time period (3 to 4 hours) when you captured your last buzz.

What I don't think is fair is a person to lose out on a job opportunity, or be fired, if a test shows positive for trace amounts over a period of the last 3 to 6 months.  The testing needs to catch up with the same accuracy used for alcohol....something quantitative and time sensitive.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/09/20/marijuana-legalization-michigan-employers/1361074002/?from=new-cookie

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/09/20/marijuana-legalization-michigan-employers/1361074002/?from=new-cookie

GO POT!

on: Today at 07:46:57 AM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by The Fuzz
I find it amazing the latitude that elected officials go to to twist the truth into what they want it to look like.  Feinstein is a shining example of that.

Said before, if I was Kavanaugh, I'd voluntarily withdraw from consideration.  Pretty sure that if he does get the seat, he won't forget what a witch Feinstein is.

Supreme Court Justice is a cherished position within the lawyer community I would imagine, and he would have been old enough to watch the equally brutal process that Clarence Thomas went through.  I guess it's a matter of what price you are willing to pay to reach the highest level within your profession.

Fienstien is representative of D Party leadership.......Pelosi, Schumer, Waters.

on: Today at 07:15:49 AM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by BigRedDog
Wow.  Thanks for the Spelling Police intervention.

It's like some people look for things to criticize. 

Guess it makes them feel better about themselves?

I say whatever helps you get out of bed in the morning....

I enjoyed Hillary's comment that all rape victims should be heard.  She has changed her position for sure!

Here we go again....  You knew what I meant but you just had to be a smart arse anyway.  Think I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your shitte anymore.  Go play fireman and don't get burned. Have a nice day. ;D

Apparently your reading comprehension just isn't improving with age.  Maybe I can find you a video that will explain it to the point you can understand it.

Maybe tell that to your local firefighters (men and women) when they show up to take care of your other knee when you decide to go out and 'play' logger again.  Maybe it's time we did a background check for people to purchase a chain saw! 

Still waiting for MN to condemn flip for his prior attacks... 

or is this another game of 'we want it both ways'...  one way for us (the tag team) and the other way for everyone else on the forum!!!

So, what finally 'flipped' with Flip that he had to bring you in to help him out...

he must have let you know he was losing the 'war of words' and that he needed some help ;D ;D ;D

And so MN came charging along blindly into the middle of a discussion that was really none of his concern...

but his buddy couldn't handle one old man by himself so MN 'jumped in'. 

I think there's a named psychological trait for people that want things both ways.  Maybe I can even find a video so both of you can get something out of it :o :o :o

on: Today at 06:56:50 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
Humps are seepage beds. My bed still functions but if it ever goes bad I will be forced to put one of those in. Yes I'm testing the wells in Grayling. I assume they send them to a state lab because most health Dept labs aren't set up to find parts per trillion.
Interesting article at Mlive about using drones over the lake.
http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/mdeq-to-launch-drone-over-lake-margrethe-to-help-search-for-pfas

Here's a map of the known incidents from the article above:

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/8p9b5f7oow6kncr8/images/1-84db1767ec.png

I tried to post it directly but only the underlying map shows up. 

on: Today at 06:50:06 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
I haven't seen a thing yet but I'm about to take the dog out for a 'look see' walk.

I just heard the Republic trash truck stop down the road.  Everyone else along here uses Stevens who arrive right after lunch except the one neighbor that must enjoy the sound of air brakes and diesel roar along with their morning coffee.

on: September 19, 2018, 11:38:43 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
I think this is criminal, not literally, but at least documented officially as unacceptable behavior or even censor.  It's a true embarrassment to our government.  Childish!

I find it amazing the latitude that elected officials go to to twist the truth into what they want it to look like.  Feinstein is a shining example of that.

Said before, if I was Kavanaugh, I'd voluntarily withdraw from consideration.  Pretty sure that if he does get the seat, he won't forget what a witch Feinstein is.

on: September 19, 2018, 10:10:19 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by eriemermaid
LOL  Been there, done that Maverick!  If I am not pulling my jeep, I will most likely be using cruise control.  Some creep comes up and rides next to me, I will click it off and let the guy pass me.

on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:56 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by eriemermaid
That was almost the way my brother did it, but there was not a knot to begin with. :) Thanks for the clip!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10