MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:53:23 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by ytrewq
I saw that.   Subway is a small space between 2 big, empty spaces I believe.   The pool store just moved too, opening up a big area on the south end but looking at the aerial view those units aren't very deep.   

on: Today at 10:07:07 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
When I went for my walk yesterday I saw a lot of dandelions!!!

on: Today at 09:48:57 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Sounds like Strampel has his own problems along with supervising Nassar's activity!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/prosecutors_claim_william_stra.html

on: Today at 09:33:55 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I missed going out to pick up the memory card in the trailcam while it was raining.  I have to put on boots as there is low ground all the way around the camera.

I had an interesting mix of pictures..

from a huge tom turkey to a robin.

There was also a black cat we've never seen before, a raccoon, a rabbit and several photos of a very active squirrel.

on: Today at 08:45:53 AM 
This is an article from yesterday's MLive that mentions the voltage.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/04/severed_power_cables_will_be_c.html

on: Today at 08:42:03 AM 
Wow.....I bet things got 'sparky' down there........ ;D

One of the articles I saw recently said it was a 138KV line and the first indication of a problem was one of their circuit breakers tripped so something must have been arcing. 

Anchors usually have at least a stretch of heavy chain attached to them. 

on: Today at 08:36:19 AM 
Knowing Enbridge's track record, we may never see the dents in Line 5.

That area is popular with amateur divers so at some point someone is going to do some diving there and take some photos.  Once they get out they will definitely circulate quickly.  Maybe some of the 'anti Line 5' environmental groups have deep enough pockets to get their own remote vehicle to go down and take some pictures.

They wouldn't have to do the entire stretch but just the area where the anchor dragged. 

on: Today at 08:32:25 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
Lots of fog early but it's burning off pretty good now. 

Last night late we had a lot of seagulls in the field across the road but now we're down to just a few.  If they're waiting for the farmer to work up the field they're going to get hungry as that is usually one of the last fields to get worked up.  It's low and wet and had standing water not even a week ago.

on: Today at 08:28:07 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Harbor Freight Tools
Associate Sales
1549 N TELEGRAPH RD
MONROE

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=26281&siteid=6657&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=459909&codes=INDEED#jobDetails=459909_6657

Interesting about the 1549 address.  I shows on the tax rolls as Subway but also has a couple of 'inactive' listings.  Maybe they're just doing job interviews in the Subway?  Maybe Subway is moving or closing.  I saw something in just the last few days that Subway was preparing to close around 500 units across the country. 

Seems like it would be confusing to have 2 businesses with the same address though.

1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   SUCESSFUL RESTAURANTS PERFORMACE IN   **Personal Property
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Personal Property
**Inactive
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 806 003 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Inactive

on: April 25, 2018, 09:45:27 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by ytrewq
Harbor Freight Tools
Associate Sales
1549 N TELEGRAPH RD
MONROE

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=26281&siteid=6657&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=459909&codes=INDEED#jobDetails=459909_6657

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10