MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:23:33 PM 
Started by Kazimer - Last post by CatLady
Real

Flip flops or sandals?

on: Today at 09:14:03 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by blue2
And we are to believe government officials when they say the mileage will be scaled back when the projects are paid for,
They are liars!!!
Then make the $2 fee for 3-5 years.

on: Today at 08:28:53 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
The Mlive article regarding the conviction today...

lots of MSU haters out there posting comments!

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/07/former_msu_strength_coach_todd.html

on: Today at 08:15:26 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
So far the worst of the storm is staying just south of the state line.  Looks like some will hit us later but it also looks like that is breaking up some. 

I took the dog for a walk to get the memory card out of the trailcam and then we stopped to pick some black raspberries.  While I was picking the wind just literally stopped and it got dead calm.  Within seconds the flies started biting!

I figured that was the 'calm before the storm' but not sure now.  I'll be bummed if we don't get some rain out of all this!!!

You won't feel so bad about not going to the game if they go into a rain delay!

on: Today at 07:35:27 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Maverick
The $ 1.3 that currently comes from the general fund is not being replaced by the millage money. The county's support of the 911 center is actually going to increase as is clearly shown in the report if you would care to read it with an open mind. The millage will be levied at it's full amount until the projects outlined are paid for then it will be scaled back at the discretion of the county commissioners. There is no where in anything I have seen that indicates that the millage is going to be used to replace the $1.3 that the county currently contributes.
Read the report.

on: Today at 07:04:01 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by eriemermaid
I went to Branson two years ago.  I didn't ride the ducks, but I did go on the showboat and had a great meal and great entertainment .

on: Today at 06:37:00 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
I'm gearing up to watch the Red Sox. i had planned on going but read today there is construction from Alexis rd to Monroe. And I75 shut down in Detroit for 2 days to tear down 2 foot bridges. No thanks!!

on: Today at 06:31:32 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I think our weather forecasters need a few more  million dollars of equipment   And maybe 6 or 8 weather people at each TV probably not enough.

Kimberly Newman on NBC 24 Toledo just said the rain will hit the Toledo 'area' in 30 minutes...  7pm.  That still leaves some time before it hits you and then up here.

I think I'll go take another bicycle ride and burn some more sugar!!!

on: Today at 06:27:02 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I heard a comment on TV today that around 17% of the restaurants in the US serve pizza...

what would the percentage be in Monroe?

on: Today at 06:25:03 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
I think our weather forecasters need a few more  million dollars of equipment   And maybe 6 or 8 weather people at each TV probably not enough.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10