MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Use two kinds of bug spray for maximum protection against ticks

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use two kinds of bug spray for maximum protection against ticks  (Read 644 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

We were going hiking in the 'outback' last week and the last time we hiked this same area we got into the ticks big time so decided to try to prep a little better this time.

We already had some off with the DEET (probably from the last time we went hiking back there) so decided to try the Sawyer brand permethrin clothing treatment spray which is mentioned in the article below.

http://lifehacker.com/use-two-kinds-of-bug-spray-for-maximum-protection-again-1596519871

http://www.gemplers.com/product/198206/Sawyer-Premium-Insect-Repellent-Clothing-Gear?gclid=CjwKEAjw55K4BRC53L6x9pyDzl4SJAD_21V1OOdQshtUL7jG3jlOtA3vZySmAmglYYDjf1gozm9VaBoCBF3w_wcB&sku=198206&CID=25SEPLA&ef_id=U7hQtQAAAPbYFmN6:20160407053313:s

We hiked a couple of hours and neither of us had a single tick on us when we were done and I know the place is loaded with ticks too.

We'll be bringing the Sawyer spray home with us and make sure it will work as well on Michigan ticks ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Use two kinds of bug spray for maximum protection against ticks
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

I haven't been using anything for ticks yet and I did find a very small one crawling on me this morning!!!  Time to go with the repellents I guess.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Use two kinds of bug spray for maximum protection against ticks
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »

It's 'tick time' again...   after such a mild winter it's looking like a bumper crop this year.  I found 3 on me Saturday!!! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up