MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: August 18, 2018, 09:56:31 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Prosecution probably hurt when it gave Gates a get out of jail card. Then he basically said he cooked Manaforts books and stole money from him. In the end jury maybe not convict Manafort and good chance the judge throws case out

Who knows? A guilty Manafort should get a pass. Jury nullification. I'm so tired of clearly guilty Dem miscreants getting a pass over and over again.
As I've said before, Manaforts biggest crime was agreeing to being DJT campaign manager. He then became a target. Mueller isn't interested in justice, he's looking to grind Manafort into dust in the hope he has something on Trump. Unfortunately he doesn't. Why? Because there isn't any frigging evidence out there that Trump colluded!

on: August 18, 2018, 08:40:17 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
I really enjoy the Little League World Series, especially since it is sponsored by Dick's Sporting Goods.  I'd buy my groceries from them if I could.

on: August 18, 2018, 07:22:42 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by eriemermaid
I spent some time yesterday watching The Blues Brothers.  I love her in both movies!

on: August 18, 2018, 02:36:15 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by The Fuzz
LOL.......whataprick!

on: August 18, 2018, 01:53:42 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by blue2
I mowed yesterday afternoon late before the rain. The flys bit the crap out of me

on: August 18, 2018, 01:52:31 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
Isn't it wonderful that our Government protects us in every way but what's really important to us,

on: August 18, 2018, 01:36:22 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
I've been out working on mower decks.  Taking the best of three and should end up with one pretty decent one.  Then when I have time I"ll completely update the 2nd line one and the 3rd one is just destined to be a parts donor.  Actually our son has a 4th one so the parts one won't last forever.

I'm still fighting the sweat bees.  They just swarm around me.  I've used spray and that doesn't even help much.  If I'm outside I have to get in the wind (when there is any) and in the shop I use the big barn fan and create some wind.  That is the only thing that seems to discourage them.

on: August 18, 2018, 01:21:03 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
Not sure how much impact this will eventually have but Senator Peters is hold an investigative hearing on Line 5.  I'm guessing it's mostly an opportunity for photos and sound bites but if it goes somewhere then more power to him. 

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/sen-peters-holding-public-hearing-in-traverse-city-about-line-5

I saw yesterday that the feds are in the process of turning all of the clean air regulation back to the state level so we may see the same thing with water quality in  the near future. 

on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:14 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
Not familiar what the culvert carries but assume water from somewhere.  Often wonder why they don't cut open the roadway and drop in precast concrete pipe and pave over the same day.  Somebody did that on Jackman years ago at Bedford Hills to gain access to the course on the other side of jackman.   plenty of room in the culvert for 2 golf carts

Google map shows a 'creek' and then a short distance south of there a much smaller waterway that does't have  name.  It literally passes under Telegraph and then travels north the short distance to the same 'creek' that is probably where the work will be done.  Back 80 or 90 or how many ever years ago didn't they connect the two then and save the need for a 2nd culvert?  I'm sure there's an engineering reason but that may not be a common sense one.

I remember when the golf course did that.  First off, it was a private concern doing the project so there was a sense of urgency and cost savings that doesn't exist necessarily on a government project.  We'll wait and see if this project is done by a state crew or a MCRC crew or a private contractor. 

Maybe they'll do both culverts at the same time or they'll divert the southern waterway on the west side of Telegraph and fill in the southern culvert. 

Lots of additional rules involved too when you're dealing with a waterway as opposed to a golf cart tunnel. 

It it's a creek there is one set of rules and if it's a regulated county drain then it's another set of rules.  They'll probably need help from the DNR and the DEQ and MDOT and who knows what other 'initials'!!!

on: August 18, 2018, 10:44:33 AM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
Not familiar what the culvert carries but assume water from somewhere.  Often wonder why they don't cut open the roadway and drop in precast concrete pipe and pave over the same day.  Somebody did that on Jackman years ago at Bedford Hills to gain access to the course on the other side of jackman.   plenty of room in the culvert for 2 golf carts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10