MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > Nevaeh Buchanan, ramblings until her murderer has been charged with the crime.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nevaeh Buchanan, ramblings until her murderer has been charged with the crime.  (Read 10260 times)

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker

How very sad that almost another year since this innocent little girl was murdered and still nothing.  I have seen many changes in the past three years- people moving on, getting promotions, retiring and so forth.  I sure hope that the people replacing them don't drop the ball and that they find the responsible parties soon.  Maybe the mom needs to talk with Nancy Grace again or better yet have the boyfriends video conference with Nancy from jail? 

Nevaeh shine your light down from the heavens on those responsible for what happened to you and while your at it keep those two little girls from Mississippi safe from harm.

The girls have been rescued. :) Nevaeh will have justice, keep the faith!

Deanna

• Hero Talker

How very awesome that those girls are safe, but how tragic for all involved.
I'd rather be by myself than in bad company

Deanna

• Hero Talker

I was reading the comments under the recent article about Nevaeh and seen where people were saying there were a lot of fundraisers for Nevaeh...I have to wonder if they are getting the events that Justice for Nevaeh has been hosting confused with fundraisers?  I personally have not seen or heard anyone asking for donations. If there is someone out there trying to scam people I agree with the fella that says follow the money trail.  We do have to remember that when this first happened the fake facebook scam and just prior there was some counterfeiting going on as well; and unfortunately nowadays desperate people will use any means necessary to make a quick buck and in any situation when someone is donating money they need to check into "who" they are donating it to.
This goes for any kind of potential scam be it winning a sweepstakes or someone calling your home claiming a relative has been injured in a car accident and is in jail and needs money...take that extra few minutes and verify the legitimacy<if that's a word.lol

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I was reading the comments under the recent article about Nevaeh and seen where people were saying there were a lot of fundraisers for Nevaeh...I have to wonder if they are getting the events that Justice for Nevaeh has been hosting confused with fundraisers?

Apparently people are very aware of so many scams and that may be what is bringing out these comments...   Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to believe everything they read (even off the cuff comments below a news article) so the rumor mill gets going...   I believe the best way to fight fire is with fire (at least in these type of cases)...   someone from the group needs to be monitoring these new news articles and adding correct info comments when they the negative ones...

I do remember that the one of the reasons the mother of the runaway girl in Bedford didn't want help from the group was she thought that it was being used as a fundraiser :-\ :-\ :-\
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Deanna

• Hero Talker

True Big Red Dog but that mother didn't seem to want anyone's help.  I remember a post about a lady from Redford with a dog offering help and then poof that post was gone.  I am thankful her daughter is back home safe though. 
You can find some pretty interesting things out from the comments section though ; )

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

True Big Red Dog but that mother didn't seem to want anyone's help.  I remember a post about a lady from Redford with a dog offering help and then poof that post was gone.  I am thankful her daughter is back home safe though. 
You can find some pretty interesting things out from the comments section though ; )

Yes you can...   and I've posted similar sentiments on here a few times...  one of the reasons I prefer online news to printed ;) ;) ;)

JessStar

• Super Talker
  • Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh
    • Justice for Nevaeh

Apparently people are very aware of so many scams and that may be what is bringing out these comments...   Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to believe everything they read (even off the cuff comments below a news article) so the rumor mill gets going...   I believe the best way to fight fire is with fire (at least in these type of cases)...   someone from the group needs to be monitoring these new news articles and adding correct info comments when they the negative ones...

I do remember that the one of the reasons the mother of the runaway girl in Bedford didn't want help from the group was she thought that it was being used as a fundraiser :-\ :-\ :-\

Hi everyone.  These latest articles about the status of the investigation do not surprise me.  On the negative comments about my group, Justice for Nevaeh, I've learned two lessons a LONG time ago.  (1) You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time and (2) people judge you through their own eyes using their own life experiences (in other words, common sense means different things to different people).  Combine the two and we reach the conclusion that no matter how many times we say "Justice for Nevaeh has never made a penny on Nevaeh's name, does not fund raise at its events, and instructs those who want to donate to send their donation directly to the Monroe County Schools District specifying it for the Nevaeh Buchanan Preschool Scholarship Fund," there will be a small percentage of people that will not believe it.
So be it.  We choose to not battle those people.

You may be hearing shortly about an "ad hoc" group that is trying to put together a fundraising event for Nevaeh.  It is being spearheaded by a name you will recognize.  I'm not too sure what they are fundraising for or where the money is going but they've asked Justice for Nevaeh to join with them and help.  We respectfully declined; not out of disrespect for this "ad hoc" group, but because of our philosophy on fundraising. 

Most people know and respect Justice for Nevaeh and we are forever grateful for that.  In fact, Justice for Nevaeh recently won the "Be Their Hero from Age Zero" award for the second year in a row; we are humbled, extremely proud and certainly grateful.  Thank you.

Deanna

• Hero Talker

Wondering if we will hear anything before or after the new sheriff's in town?

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker

Wondering if we will hear anything before or after the new sheriff's in town?
I'm sure Sheriff Crutchfield has made justice for Nevaeh top on his list of professional priorities. Have any of the candidates for sheriff talked about justice for Nevaeh?

Deanna

• Hero Talker

I watched the cable show and didn't hear it addressed at all.  I haven't had a chance to read the paper yet.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

We took a ride to Dundee this afternoon and took Dixon across by the river and the 'memorial' for Nevaeh...

it's looking pretty rough :( :( :(

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

Could be easily mistaken for a dumping spot, I did the same last summer and noticed.
Support the local economy as much as possible!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up