MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 174   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 124883 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2490 on: January 29, 2018, 06:49:10 PM »

They buy that stuff, it becomes obsolete and they sell it for about nothing (Gummit auction).  I belong to a government auction site and it's amazing what you can buy for peanuts.

Of course the (government) don't care because they bought it with your money (not theirs) in the first place.  Why I maintain to this day that GM should have given every registered voter a new car in repayment to the taxpayer funded bailout they received and why I'll never buy a GM product.  I'll walk first.

Don't forget what the US Taxpayers paid to bail out Chrysler - before Obama gave them to the Italians.

I know how you feel about those.  I would see you driving another GM before you would pick up those.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2491 on: January 29, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »

The US taxpayer bails out GM and Chrysler otherwise the execs would lose millions and so would UAW. In return they make us pay $59,000 for a pile of junk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:09:17 PM by blue2 »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2492 on: February 08, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »

I'm thinking I'm ready for this 'winter storm'!

We went into Kroger this morning and there were a lot of people there before we got there.  We didn't get 4 carts like I'm seeing on TV because we don't usually get that far behind.  We were almost out of dark chocolate so we got a week's worth just in case!

I went out to the barn and started the tractor and let it run for 20 minutes.  If I need it (I shouldn't) at least it should be ready to go.

The only place we have to go is to our son's house on Saturday and that's only 5 miles so unless there are a lot of stalled or stuck vehicles on the road we'll be able to figure out a way to get there.

My wife and I were talking about the storm this morning.  For all the years she worked for Kroger in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti and Brownstown and she never couldn't make it to work.  Many, many times though she'd get there at 5:30 am and the phones would be ringing from other employees calling off...   sometimes people that lived only blocks from the store!!!

Usually the only place she had any trouble was at intersections out here in 'drift land' where other cars would be stuck or stalled out.  Once she hit the freeway it was clear sailing.   

So, we may get up early tomorrow morning and see how much snow there is or we may not ;D ;D ;D
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2493 on: February 08, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »

I was near Costco on Central Ave and decided to fill up since I was about half. Forget it. This was around 4. Every Lane was 10 veh deep.
And there must be 10 lanes..

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2494 on: February 08, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »

If you love dark chocolate you won't find any better than at Christies Candies and Mints. It's on Central Ave  near Secor in stop called Cricket West.. They make the candy and it isn't cheap. But on my..
I bought my Valentines candy today.
And I bought my supply.  Dark chocolate chunks.  $15/lb..

And that is in Toledo. Not far from Costco.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2495 on: February 09, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »

If you love dark chocolate you won't find any better than at Christies Candies and Mints. It's on Central Ave  near Secor in stop called Cricket West.. They make the candy and it isn't cheap. But on my..
I bought my Valentines candy today.
And I bought my supply.  Dark chocolate chunks.  $15/lb..

And that is in Toledo. Not far from Costco.

Thanks for the tip...

I really should be eating less of it probably!

i'm afraid having something that good around might be a challenge to my will power though!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2496 on: February 09, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »

Thinking about how I’m more irritated at our politicians for allowing unlimited calls by anyone to our cell phones.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2497 on: February 14, 2018, 02:51:46 PM »

I am thinking this is one fast school bus!

I thought all buses had a governor on them :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.wtol.com/story/37502324/police-pursuit-of-stolen-ohio-school-bus-hits-100-mph

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2498 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »

I got the trash out to the road.  It's raining but not pouring down yet.  The dampness in the air just goes right through you!

Looks like a good day to go down and work in the basement!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2499 on: March 01, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »

Wondering how much more rain we'll get before it turns to snow and then how long it will snow.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2500 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:36 PM »

Got the snow - and Ice and now its almost gone again!   Gotta love Michigan weather.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2501 on: March 02, 2018, 08:42:49 PM »

I'm trying to quit thinking about stuff.  Frazzles my brain too much.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2502 on: March 20, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »

About quarter past noon!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2503 on: March 23, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »

I see the rumble strips haven't all been filled in with cold patch -  as we drove south on Telegraph yesterday.

I was curious if that's a state mandate to destroy the road or  if a county genius called for it? 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2504 on: March 31, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

I'm going to go outside and check for anything that might 'blow away' in the wind this afternoon...

Then all I have to worry about is what my neighbors didn't bother putting away!!!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 174   Go Up