MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What did you see out your window today ?

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you see out your window today ?  (Read 113547 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: What did you see out your window today ?
« Reply #2610 on: November 12, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »

I'm sitting here watching a squirrel running along the cable.  It crosses the road right here so the smart squirrels use the cable to go across to the neighbors and the dumb squirrels end up as buzzard bait :( :( :(
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Newport-Bill

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2611 on: November 12, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »

I'm sitting here watching a squirrel running along the cable.  It crosses the road right here so the smart squirrels use the cable to go across to the neighbors and the dumb squirrels end up as buzzard bait :( :( :(

You know why the chicken crossed the road? To prove to the squirrel it can be done!
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2612 on: November 12, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »

At 5 per day and 10 in possession we can come down and eliminate them for you....  BBQ'd squirrel isn't bad.  Sort of like eating chicken wings...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2613 on: November 12, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »

bare trees
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2614 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »

My bradford Pears are hanging on to their leaves. I always have to wait late to clean up after them. Most of the maples dropped in the last couple of days.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2615 on: November 12, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »

My sons neighborhood is full of those brad pears. But they are  coming down. Been infected by some worm that seems to burrow in where the big branches come off the trunk.  He got tired of dealing with the big limbs after every windy day.  We cut his 5 down..

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2616 on: November 13, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »

Bradfords are not structurally sound. Especially not suited to handle wet snow weight. Cleveland Pears were bred to grow straight up thereby avoiding that problem but they simply are not attractive.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2617 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »

Who may I ask is that?
The Tree Butchers are   Davey ...  they get hired by Edison to butcher the tree's near power lines

I gotta take pics to get the full effect! 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2618 on: November 13, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »

Just remembered the difficulty with putting a pic up so I searched and found some examples that are available -

Drive down N. Custer where they just finished up - and you can see many other examples! 

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2619 on: November 13, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »

Why that's beautiful work !!!!  Big boy topiary !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2620 on: November 13, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »

i understand a lot of trees probably were growing long before the power lines were put up.  But to let anyone plant a tree anywhere near the lines now is not smart. I see scrub trees growing up in ditches under power lines and they just seem to let them grow instead of chewing them up with the brushhogs when they are little..

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2621 on: November 13, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »

Several years ago in Dundee, under a different village manager they planted hundreds of trees right under the power lines. Now of course they all need to be trimmed to keep them off the line. Worst planning possible for tree planting.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2622 on: November 13, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »

Several years ago in Dundee, under a different village manager they planted hundreds of trees right under the power lines. Now of course they all need to be trimmed to keep them off the line. Worst planning possible for tree planting.

The one thing I have learned about City Managers and especially "Planners" is they can't see anything outside the rosy vision they have in their heads....

And anyone who points out possible negative consequences....  they are pessimists without vision.

Power Outages?  Sidewalks that are uneven?  Not their fault man.  Aren't those trees nice?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2623 on: November 13, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »

The one thing I have learned about City Managers and especially "Planners" is they can't see anything outside the rosy vision they have in their heads....

And anyone who points out possible negative consequences....  they are pessimists without vision.

Power Outages?  Sidewalks that are uneven?  Not their fault man.  Aren't those trees nice?

I always figured the sidewalk contractors gave the tree's away for free  :)    job security

That's why the power line tree companies only trim them back rather than remove and replace with whatever the power company thought would be more line friendly...   More job security.

You'd think someday they would re-invest and put those lines underground if it were that much of a problem!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2624 on: November 14, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »

blue sky

What is that big yellow thing in the sky?
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176   Go Up