MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Openings

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Openings  (Read 54018 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Business Openings
« Reply #885 on: November 11, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »

Professor,  I agree with you 100%.  I went for the first time a few weeks ago and also had the reuben type sand. it might have been called a Boston something or other.  It was awesome.  Others had burgers that looked really good too.  The little bucket of seasoned fries were pretty darn good too..

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #886 on: November 11, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »

Professor,  I agree with you 100%.  I went for the first time a few weeks ago and also had the reuben type sand. it might have been called a Boston something or other.  It was awesome.  Others had burgers that looked really good too.  The little bucket of seasoned fries were pretty darn good too..
yep had the same I knew boston was in the name, - forgot about the seasoned fries - not over seasoned!  just right. 

Will try the flatbread pizza next visit -
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #887 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »

Visited a "new" place for me -     the Mason Jar     Consear and Secor.      Bar type atmosphere but the menu selection was fancier than bar food - and the food and quality was very good!    (had the "reuben" sandwich - can't recall their name)   and Seared Ahi Tunu for a shared appetizer was very interesting find!

Glad to hear the review.  I'll go anywhere for a great Reuben and I've noticed their place a few times lately when we've been down that way!

http://www.masonjartapandgrill.com/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #888 on: November 11, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »

It's not the traditional reuben with thousand island.  It does have good corned beef and some kind of cole slaw and bacon..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #889 on: November 11, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »

It's not the traditional reuben with thousand island.  It does have good corned beef and some kind of cole slaw and bacon..

I'm not necessarily hung up on 'traditional'...

I enjoy some variety too!

Mason Jar doesn't have a photo of their sandwich but they do have this description:

BETTER THAN BOSTON'S BEST
Warm corned beef, swiss, American slaw, crispy bacon, house Russian dressing on thick cut rye

Newport-Bill

• Hero Talker
« Reply #890 on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »

Works for me.  A good reuben is hard to beat.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #891 on: November 11, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »

Works for me.  A good reuben is hard to beat.
I'm new to the reuben...    and not sure why I never had them much before -  but the variation was nice twist.

best I've had is in Dunedin Fla so far - a smoked Reuben  - can't recall the place but its right in the heart of the town next to Flannigans Irish Pub

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #892 on: November 11, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »

I'm new to the reuben...    and not sure why I never had them much before -  but the variation was nice twist.

best I've had is in Dunedin Fla so far - a smoked Reuben  - can't recall the place but its right in the heart of the town next to Flannigans Irish Pub

That was most likely the Dunedin Smokehouse...

worth the trip if you're anywhere along the Florida Gulf Coast!!!

http://www.thedunedinsmokehouse.com/index.php

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]   Go Up