MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning  (Read 51729 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Composite sketch released of arsonist
« Reply #705 on: November 06, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »

Sounds like we may have had a couple of small time arsonists around the area.  One has been identified and the other is still out there.  Also sounds like the possibility that the items being burned are getting more valuable!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171106/composite-sketch-released-of-arsonist
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Composite sketch released of arsonist
« Reply #706 on: November 07, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »

Sounds like we may have had a couple of small time arsonists around the area.  One has been identified and the other is still out there.  Also sounds like the possibility that the items being burned are getting more valuable!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171106/composite-sketch-released-of-arsonist

From Ray's Twitter feed:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Monroe County Crimes in the News this Morning
« Reply #707 on: November 07, 2017, 07:47:03 PM »

You can run but you can't hide!!!

Bedford township burglary suspects captured in Toledo!!!

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Police-responding-to-active-situation-in-South-Toledo-455934363.html

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #708 on: November 08, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #709 on: December 15, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »

I had to think if I should put this in the crimes or in the political thread...

I think the criminal aspect of it out weighs the politics part though!

This certainly sounds like a political 'vendetta' to the nth degree :o :o :o

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171215/london-supervisor-offering-to-pay-for-finding-suspects-in-vandalism-on-his-farm

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #710 on: December 16, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »

Just watching the local news on 13ABC in Toledo.  The Way Station was broken into yesterday morning.  When LE watched the surveillance they recognized the suspect immediately!

Oh the benefits of a small town ;D ;D ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #711 on: December 16, 2017, 10:06:58 AM »

I had to think if I should put this in the crimes or in the political thread...

I think the criminal aspect of it out weighs the politics part though!

This certainly sounds like a political 'vendetta' to the nth degree :o :o :o

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171215/london-supervisor-offering-to-pay-for-finding-suspects-in-vandalism-on-his-farm

Vendetta?  I thought of Fry right away...  A thousand bucks should 'loosen some lips' I suspect.  Most perps (with the exception of Skelton), cannot keep their cakeholes shut.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #712 on: December 16, 2017, 10:08:03 AM »

Just watching the local news on 13ABC in Toledo.  The Way Station was broken into yesterday morning.  When LE watched the surveillance they recognized the suspect immediately!

Oh the benefits of a small town ;D ;D ;D

'weigh station', aka:  Chicken House and I don't mean KFC either.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #713 on: December 16, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »

Vendetta?  I thought of Fry right away...  A thousand bucks should 'loosen some lips' I suspect.  Most perps (with the exception of Skelton), cannot keep their cakeholes shut.

I would say that he is being rewarded for his public service.

Or - it could be all the nasty conservatives on this board....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #714 on: December 16, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »

I guess there are still a bunch of stupid people around us.  i saw a pic of 3 ladies stealing booze in a Toledo store.  Their pictures couldn't be any clearer than if they were shot close up with a top of the line Nikon camera.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #715 on: December 16, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »

Maybe Live had his eye on Fry's Tramp-O-Lene.... ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #716 on: December 17, 2017, 09:18:00 AM »

'weigh station', aka:  Chicken House and I don't mean KFC either.

No, just like I wrote....

'Way Station'.

It's a gas station on S. Monroe Street just north of Kroger on the other side of the street.    Seems like when we moved here it might have been a Clark station.  When I was looking up the leaking underground storage tanks they came up from back in that era. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #717 on: December 17, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »

My guess too...

He has kind of stirred things up over in that corner of the county.  For years the township was governed by one little group and now all of a sudden an 'outsider' with 'new ideas' has gotten a foothold ;D ;D ;D

He pushed for a millage increase for both the fire department and municipal water service and both were defeated on tight voting in the November election.

It had to be someone familiar with the area that knows who farms what parcels of property.

And had to be someone somewhat familiar with farm equipment...

general operation and operating weakness of a combine.

Also had to have some time to get out in the field and hide the metal stakes.  They either had to have done it at night or had to have a lookout to make sure they weren't being observed. 

As a 'neighbor' I know who owns what land for several miles around here.  I might not know who farms all of that but I have a pretty good idea on most of it.  If I saw someone out in a bean field driving metal stakes I would certainly either ask them what they were doing (and why) or I would let the property owner know what I was seeing.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #718 on: December 17, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »

My guess too...

He has kind of stirred things up over in that corner of the county.  For years the township was governed by one little group and now all of a sudden an 'outsider' with 'new ideas' has gotten a foothold ;D ;D ;D

He pushed for a millage increase for both the fire department and municipal water service and both were defeated on tight voting in the November election.

It had to be someone familiar with the area that knows who farms what parcels of property.

And had to be someone somewhat familiar with farm equipment...

general operation and operating weakness of a combine.

Also had to have some time to get out in the field and hide the metal stakes.  They either had to have done it at night or had to have a lookout to make sure they weren't being observed. 

As a 'neighbor' I know who owns what land for several miles around here.  I might not know who farms all of that but I have a pretty good idea on most of it.  If I saw someone out in a bean field driving metal stakes I would certainly either ask them what they were doing (and why) or I would let the property owner know what I was seeing.

It always amazes me how nasty people can get when someone threatens either their comfort zone or their fiefdom.

Even asking logical questions of them about their "plans" can threaten them - especially when they don't have answers, and it shows they haven't thought something out.

I am always highly skeptical of "visionaries" who can't accept or feel threatened by anyone who questions their ideas and plans - even when the goal is to corroborate and improve them.

Instead of being open minded and malleable - they are generally small and petty.

I find Monroe to be full of these people. 

It is pretty evident when you experience the treatment of being an "outsider" because your ancestors didn't squat here years ago - and every generation since has refused to leave. 

Hey - I was only born here - but if y'all want me to find a "new" hometown you can own this place - no skin off my back!

Live threatened their little world.  He wants to actually make his community a better place.  This will not do!

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #719 on: December 17, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »

No, just like I wrote....

'Way Station'.

It's a gas station on S. Monroe Street just north of Kroger on the other side of the street.    Seems like when we moved here it might have been a Clark station.  When I was looking up the leaking underground storage tanks they came up from back in that era. 

Was a Clark Station way back when.  I used to buy Clark Gas, all one grade, all one price.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Up