MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:08:46 AM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Maverick
I don't remember that. I remember when it was a movie theatre then I thought it went right to Johny n Joes after being vacant for a few years then Dolce. Been wrong before though!!

on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:18 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by ytrewq
Rumor from a pretty reputable source was ~100.   And mostly better paying back office jobs, not near-minimum wage branch staff.

They have too many branches.   Local pride was the only reason for no closing more.

on: October 17, 2018, 10:39:16 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Watching a you tube performance of Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald doing "What a fool believes. Fantastic. I love it. Yet I see these performers, who do such great works, side with the leftists. Why? Did big government mandate that millions of folks buy their recordings? No, the folks did it on their own. Result they deservedly got rich. Yet these celebrities are all on board for government giving people money they didn't earn. So what's the deal?

on: October 17, 2018, 09:55:51 PM 
Global Climate Change folks/Dems have gone too far! They predict climate change will reduce barley production leading to a shortage of beer. If we don't have beer, we'll no longer be able to laugh off the crazed climate folks.
If that were to happen then all bets are off. Forget about their infringing upon the constitution, calling us racists etc. now we're talking taking a the beer out of our hand when we're watching football. I say enough is enough.

Fortunately it's all BS, and they know it. They've really got nothing to back it up other than some slanted computer models. Unfortunately too many average Dems, that aren't loons, still stand by their party. Go figure. 

on: October 17, 2018, 08:37:08 PM 
Started by nails - Last post by nails
For your listening pleasure . . .

https://youtu.be/MxGNG-eAMqk

on: October 17, 2018, 08:30:34 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by nails

I believe it was a bar/pizza joint called Dino’s back in the 70’s.

on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:47 PM 
Real tired of the PC world of the left. If I were to say the "N" word referring to what someone else said actually using the real word, the left will come down on me like a ton of bricks (maybe not me, because I'm nobody) and seek to ruin my life. What's the deal, I was just describing what someone else said. Come on! This is nuts! Yes it is, but this is the world the left has brought us. And to my Dem friends, you side is solely responsible for this, and you should be ashamed.

on: October 17, 2018, 08:08:28 PM 
Was reading a review of the Gosnell Movie (abortion doctor/serial killer) earlier and was sick to my stomach, and then I came across another article that topped it off. Here's a cut from the article.

"Whenever someone calls himself or herself an ethicist, the warning bells go off in my head, recognizing that what I am about to hear might be twisted logic to justify something that is unethical. So it is with a recent article published in the Journal of Medical Ethics that proposes that it is ethical to kill newborn children, because they are not yet real people, just potential people. The argument is that the infant does not have the capacity to attribute basic value to his or her existence, and as such, depriving that human being of its existence does not represent a loss to him or her.  That being the case, according to the authors, a parent should be able to decide, for whatever reason, to terminate that life. The authors go so far as to call it an “after-birth abortion.”

A foundation of the argument is that there is virtually no difference between a fetus and a newborn, and since it is ok to kill fetuses, it is also ok to kill infants. The authors consider that neither fetuses nor newborns “persons,” but only carry that potential, because they have not formed any aims in life as full persons, and as such, killing them cannot harm them."

Hello. I would say this is insane, but, then again, there are a number of our "friends" on the left that would be nodding their heads in agreement. And yet these are the same folks that call people like me a monstrous Nazi, racist, etc. etc. etc. etc.  Well, if they're on board with this, what on earth could I be doing that makes "me" the monster? 

on: October 17, 2018, 07:58:34 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
Read in one of the articles regarding the pharm that a doctor or 2 that were in trouble before were the key to identifying this pharm wrong doings.  Was the pharm participating or just following doctors orders?  I'm guessing the pharm was part of the scam.

on: October 17, 2018, 07:24:10 PM 
Started by ytrewq - Last post by Maverick
It's the state law that protects the Manufactured Housing Communities from being taxed fairly. Frenchtown ad Ash and Monroe Twp get hit hard because of the Mega communities they have there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10