MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Wildlife Photos...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildlife Photos...  (Read 36760 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Wildlife Photos...
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »

When I left the blind this morning I stopped and pulled the memory card from the trail camera that sits kind of in front of my blind.  My 10 pointer had been standing in front of the blind about 45 minutes before I got there!!!  Gives me a little extra incentive to get back out there this afternoon.  It's raining here but not real hard...   wish it was snow!!!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »

Good luck BRD!  If you need to get rid of any deer sausage keep me in mind.   ;)
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »

Good luck BRD!  If you need to get rid of any deer sausage keep me in mind.   ;)
Which reminds me - you must not have made it Salmon fishing this year?   :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

No, I sure didn't Prof.

I was wandering around Mexico waiting for the next earthquake to strike while the Steelhead were following the Chinooks into the rivers.  I did catch some nice rainbows up in a mountain lake down there.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »

When I left the blind this morning I stopped and pulled the memory card from the trail camera that sits kind of in front of my blind.  My 10 pointer had been standing in front of the blind about 45 minutes before I got there!!!  Gives me a little extra incentive to get back out there this afternoon.  It's raining here but not real hard...   wish it was snow!!!

If you bag it, as soon as it piles up, cut the rear fore legs off at the first joint, I mean like right now.  Reason being is, even though the animal is no longer aspirating, the blood is still moving inside it and the scent glands on the legs are excreting hormone and that is what causes the 'gamey' taste in a Buck.  I learned that from professional guides out west.  First thing they do on any kill.  I carry a bone saw with me but you can also sever them at the joint with a good twist.  The sooner you do that, the less 'gamey' taste the meat will have.

The work always starts after the kill....lol

Bob Wentworth on Summerfield Road at 23 is processing this year.  Be sure to have the carcass tagged properly.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:17 AM »

I've been seeing a fox on the trail camera the last couple of weeks.  Looks like maybe he's scouting out the chickens next door...   maybe he'll get that noisy rooster!

I left the window open about 3/16 of an inch last night...   and I heard Mr. Rooster 'waking the world' about 5am!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #411 on: March 05, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »

I caught a sneaky fox trying to sneak past the trail camera a few nights ago.  I actually think he gets by it more often than he gets caught because in the snow I see tracks.  I know it's possible to sneak past it because I watched a big cat do it one day last week.  Looked out the back door in the middle of the afternoon and saw the cat doing that slow cat 'stalk' they do.  I could tell it was right in front of the camera and figured for sure I'd have some pictures but no such luck. 

I really want to get a big flock of turkeys again. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »

I got a nice picture of a fox on the run this morning around 2am. 

Interesting that I hadn't seen any foxes for a few years but we were seeing all sorts of coyotes.  Now we're not seeing any coyotes and for sure we have at least this one fox back in the area. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »

I've had a lone deer and a mystery critter on the trail cam recently.

I think the mystery critter is an opossum but I can't seem to get a good picture of it.  I've had a few of a raccoon and it doesn't look like that.  It's quite a ways from the camera and I'm actually surprised the camera is even tripping on it.

But what I wasn't getting was any turkey pictures so a few days ago I moved the camera.  Nothing for a couple of days (except me going by on the mower) and then yesterday morning before 8 am one big hen turkey all by herself.  Only one picture of her so I wonder if she heard the camera trip.  It's quiet but does make a bit of a sound if you're listening close.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #414 on: April 06, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »

One single turkey yesterday morning just before 7 am. 

Just before dusk the evening before two photos of a critter I can't identify for sure.

Looks like a large German Shepherd dog but it was on the run in both pictures so hard to be positive.  The odd thing is that in the 2nd (and closer to the camera) photo one of our 'wild' cats appears to be chasing the mystery critter!!!

Hoping today to get a long parade of turkeys to go hiking by!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #415 on: April 07, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »

Another picture on the trail camera of the fox we've been seeing very regularly. 

Also about 4 raccoons playing. 

The camera is set up very close to where we found the baby raccoons in the tree stump several years ago.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »

We got a few pictures of the 'wind' last night...

then just before dawn we got one picture of a rabbit just sitting and looking at the camera so it's eyes were glowing.  They must be able to see the infra red because it didn't hang around long enough to get a 2nd picture.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »

Only one picture on the trail camera yesterday but it was a keeper!

The fox again...   

this time standing broadside to the camera and looking right into the flash...

even the infra-red flash makes their eyes shine! 

As many times as I've seen this one right here I'm wondering if maybe we're seeing more than one. 

Interesting too that we haven't seen a coyote in quite a while either.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

It was 'turkey Thursday' on the trail camera.

At 9:32 am yesterday it shows five of them that had crossed the road and were headed down our walking trail.  31 minutes later one of them managed to get in front of the camera.  I had kind of been suspecting that they're been walking behind the camera .  I'll have to turn it a 180 and see what I can see.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »

The only pictures on the trailcam yesterday were of the dog and me walking! 

While I was trading SD cards I did turn it around to see if maybe I could catch a turkey sneaking behind it.  The camera is at a 'Y' in the trail so I guess they're really not sneaking around...

just taking the road less traveled.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34   Go Up