MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > News errors

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: News errors  (Read 1330 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
News errors
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »

I don’t understand why there would be obvious errors in stories written by either staff writers, freelance writers or whatever official capacity these employees have as part of the Monroe news.

Doesn’t anyone proofread?

At least try Microsoft Word or some other word processor so the errors would pop out to allow corrections to be easily made.

Here is an example of the glaring errors:

Richardville pushing
for MCCC tech lab
By: Stephanie Ariganello story updated December 13. 2007 11:14AM

A new technology center at Monroe County Community College may be a hard sell to the state, but Sen. Randy Richardville, R-Monroe, and the MCCC administration are getting ready to try again.

Approval would mean a new 60,000-square-foot technology center for the community college.

About this time last year, the college and local supporters lobbied to have the Senate and House joint Capital Outlay Subcommittee - the group that okays state funds for projects at universities and colleges - approve the project. Gov. Jennifer Granholm announced she would veto higher learning projects before the end of the year in 2006 to prevent a lame duck Legislature from passing pet projects at the end of its term.

At that time, state Sen. Richardville was preparing to take office. He said he would make the project a priority.

Sen. Richardville recently sent a letter to members of the joint subcommittee, emphasizing the importance of the technology center and the need for state support.

"This new building will help Monroe County Community College continue its growth and provide students with an important new learning facility on the campus," he said.

The buidling - known as a career technology center - would house welding, construction and high-tech programs, along with a nursing technology lab. The cost of the building is estimated at $10.5 million to $12 million with the state providing half of the funds if approved. The money from the state comes from the sales of bonds and paying off bonds - not directly taxpayer dollars.

The process to secure the dollars for a new building is similar to what MCCC went through to obtain funding for the La-Z-Boy Center in 2004.

While serving in the state House, Sen. Richardville helped lock in the necessary funding for that project.

"State support for that building was vital in providing both students and the community with a state-of-the-art business center and theater," Sen. Richardville said. "I was proud to help MCCC with that project and will continue to work hard to obtain funding for the new technology center."

However, the new technology project will not be looked at until after the new year.

Scott Bean, a spokesman for Sen. Richardville, said the intent was to spark interest in the project now, to get members of the joint subcommittee on board with the new building.

"The outlay committee process is kind of strange," he said. "I believe it's based on what money is available when - kind of a early bird gets the worm but only sometimes. The idea was that urgining support now, early enough in the process, would get the project on their radar and when it comes up for consideration, the support is there."

The joint subcommittee will consider the proposal in the new year, most likely at its first meeting. From there, a bill would enter either the House or the Senate for approval.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: News errors
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:39:37 PM »

I've said for years the MEN needs to add a "poofreader" :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up