MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:01:01 PM 
Started by Administration - Last post by BigRedDog
My ad blocker must not be good enough. I'll have to look into that.

Maybe it's not an ad blocker issue.  I tried logging in from my phone (which I've never bothered putting an ad blocker on) and I didn't get any issues.

Have you done something to block your cookies recently.  If so you may have to change your settings to allow cookies from this site...   that's how they know you've been here before and signed in as a member.

on: Today at 02:50:45 PM 
Started by Administration - Last post by Maverick
My ad blocker must not be good enough. I'll have to look into that.

on: Today at 12:17:17 PM 
Started by Administration - Last post by BigRedDog
I already have a subscription so I don't appreciate having to opt out of the solicitation ad that blocks this site when I log in. If I'm already a subscriber----leave me alone !!!

I haven't had that happen but I use an ad blocker which may be enough to block it.

on: Today at 12:14:50 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
We were sitting eating lunch.  The dog was in his favorite spot in the front door and we thought he was asleep when he started barking like crazy.  We looked out and there were two ducks walking down the edge of the road.  Lots of water with all the edge broken away. 

I figured they belonged to the neighbor as they have about 8-10 and sometimes they like to play out in our side yard but I've never seen them over this far.  Then a car came down the road and the ducks just flew away...   wild ducks!!!  Unfortunately this all happened before I could get my phone to take a picture. 

on: Today at 10:59:19 AM 
Started by Administration - Last post by Maverick
I already have a subscription so I don't appreciate having to opt out of the solicitation ad that blocks this site when I log in. If I'm already a subscriber----leave me alone !!!

on: Today at 10:28:56 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
We did get a picture on the trailcam yesterday but I'm not positive as to what it is.

The photo just catches the top of the critter's back.  I'm leaning toward the fox we've been seeing but that is only a guess.

I did put a wedge behind the top of the camera to turn it down some so maybe we'll get a better picture.

What makes it hard to tell is that the picture was at night and with the infrared flash everything is just in varying shades of grey. 

on: Today at 10:23:59 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
We're seeing some fog now. 

on: Today at 09:50:29 AM 
Very obvious and substantial damage to one of the power cables.  Seems like at one point I read there are a total of six of them across the straits. 

I'm curious as to the design and style of the anchor involved. 

So far I haven't seen any photos of any damage to the Line 5 pipes.  I'm sure any photos of that will be scrutinized very closely before anyone can post those!!!

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/the-unified-command-releases-photos-of-damage-to-utility-cables-in-straits

on: Today at 08:57:04 AM 
One way to keep someone from jumping off an overpass!

Above from:  https://twitter.com/JayTowers/status/988688230483623936

on: Today at 08:50:41 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Once you're in the spotlight then people tend to have long memories to anything that might even be related!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2018/04/24/coach-michigan-state-ties-sexual-abuse/545018002/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10