MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?  (Read 63656 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?
« Reply #930 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

A few other intersections too but i don't recall where i saw them

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #931 on: February 09, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »

A few other intersections too but i don't recall where i saw them

They look like they'll make it easier for those drivers that use a stoplight to catch up on their texting to keep an eye on the light.  The light they're watching should be directly in front of them.

I'm in the process of putting an airhorn on the pickup so I can give them a little 'heads up' when they just keep working on their phone well after the light has turned green!!!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #932 on: February 09, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »

Air Horn.  that's awesome!!!
I'm one to give them a toot now when they don't move because i'm pretty sure they are on the phone.
I encounted one lady a couple of days ago coming through the intersection not looking at anything by her phone.  Couldn't be a worse place to do that..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #933 on: February 20, 2018, 07:23:15 PM »

There's a sign up across M-50 from TSC in Dundee for a new Elite Toyota Dealer. 

The Splash Universe in Dundee that was a Holiday Inn is now a Best Western.

They're finally working on rebuilding the condos that burned on S. Dixie in MonroeTown. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #934 on: February 20, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »

Building yet another hotel / motel by Cabelas off Watersrtadt.  I never see any of the motels with many cars in their lots.  Don't know how they stay in business.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #935 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »

We were riding around Cabela Drive on the north side of the store and there was still snow left up close to the tree line and the fog was just hanging off the top of it.

Later in Monroe across from Kroger the fog was rolling off the old quarry and just kind of hanging there before it dissipated.  The wind was blowing very warm air across the cold but not frozen surface of the quarry.  Kind of neat really.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »

Building yet another hotel / motel by Cabelas off Watersrtadt.  I never see any of the motels with many cars in their lots.  Don't know how they stay in business.

They had what must be the elevator shaft built several weeks ago and then all the panels for the room were delivered and sitting out in the snow.  Now a few of the panels have been set in place but most of them are still just sitting although they're in the mud now.  When they get the rooms done and people are complaining about the mold smell they'll wish they would have worked a little faster.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #937 on: April 14, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

I can't say exactly how 'new' this is but it's the first time I'd seen it. 

We took 7th street yesterday to get from Telegraph over to Kroger.  Once we got the where 7th is a one way the wrong way we had to go over to 8th.  Within the first few blocks I saw a 'thin red line' flag flying.  They generally are used to recognize fallen firefighters.  There are also thin blue line flags for law enforcement.

Does anyone know who this flag might be honoring?

It's on the north side of the street.  I'll go that way again and try to get a more precise location.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #938 on: April 14, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »

They had what must be the elevator shaft built several weeks ago and then all the panels for the room were delivered and sitting out in the snow.  Now a few of the panels have been set in place but most of them are still just sitting although they're in the mud now.  When they get the rooms done and people are complaining about the mold smell they'll wish they would have worked a little faster.

Or covered them up.  Actually, the panels have sat there a couple months.  We go by there a couple times a week.  I still don't understand another hotel / motel.  The existing ones are mostly empty most of the time, unless it's to be condo's.  The new place behind TSC has over the top rent.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #939 on: April 14, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »

We took 7th street yesterday to get from Telegraph over to Kroger.  Once we got the where 7th is a one way the wrong way we had to go over to 8th.  Within the first few blocks I saw a 'thin red line' flag flying.  They generally are used to recognize fallen firefighters.  There are also thin blue line flags for law enforcement.

It's on the north side of the street.  I'll go that way again and try to get a more precise location.

Nice.  We rarely get to Monroe.  Roads going that way seem to be worse than roads going to Adrian.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #940 on: April 14, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »

Or covered them up.  Actually, the panels have sat there a couple months.  We go by there a couple times a week.  I still don't understand another hotel / motel.  The existing ones are mostly empty most of the time, unless it's to be condo's.  The new place behind TSC has over the top rent.

It was back on February 20th I posted this.  I don't think we've been back since so apparently they're not moving real fast on the project.

All that waferboard will get nasty before they put the pieces together. 

I had asked at the doctor's office across the street and they had specifically said it was to be a hotel. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #941 on: April 14, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »

The stuff has sat there through rain, snow and sleet for months.  We hit the Chinese place or the Coney frequently.  I still don't understand another hotel / motel.  Too many now.  Right now, it's a muddy mess.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #942 on: May 09, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

The stuff has sat there through rain, snow and sleet for months.  We hit the Chinese place or the Coney frequently.  I still don't understand another hotel / motel.  Too many now.  Right now, it's a muddy mess.

We were by there yesterday and they're busy working again although for the size of the project it didn't seem like a very big crew.  They've just about finished the 3rd floor and the panels for the 4th floor have been unloaded in the mud right along the street.  The waferboard covering the bottom two floors are distinctly darker than the third floor.  I think I'll be scratching this place off my list of local motels to spend the night in!   

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #943 on: May 09, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »

Haven't noticed it - I'll have to check it out.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »

Haven't noticed it - I'll have to check it out.   

It's on W 8th on the north side of the street between Union and Bacon.  Seems like it's a little closer to Bacon. 

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64   Go Up