MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:21:04 PM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by BigRedDog
What they really need to study s on improving their infrastructure, poles, hardware and transmission lines and clear trees away from the right of way.  Probably asking too much until the next outage and then it's a mad dash to get it repaired.

I think the days of maintaining the current infrastructure as we know it with wires are probably over! 

They're already looking ahead at new infrastructure.  My best guess is that we will have individual storage cells sitting right outside our homes.  They may be wired together with others in our neighborhood but nothing like the giant grids we currently have.  I'm guessing much lower voltage and amperage transfers so much less costly to maintain.

Time will tell.

If you still haven't invested in Lithium there may still be time to make money.

Figure out what the batteries beyond Lithium might be and you might really get rich!!!

https://www.wired.com/story/building-a-better-battery/

on: Today at 02:41:25 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
I had 2 of my wells tested yesterday. I'll post the results when I get them.

Could they do those tests at the health department or do they have to send them to the state lab or a private lab.

Are you talking wells in Monroe County or up at Grayling?

We drove by your place on Lake Margrethe.  Are all those 'humps in the front of some of the places with smaller lots their seepage beds?  Seemed like too many of them with the humps to just be for landscaping.

on: Today at 02:37:33 PM 
Started by The Fuzz - Last post by BigRedDog
I only have one 'gripe' with this Nike ad (and my guess is there will be more to follow).

Colin is a big boy and has had plenty of advice from lots of people and he's getting pretty much exactly what he wanted out of all this 'exposure'.

I feel bad for the young gal football player (from Michigan btw) that I don't think had any idea that she was going to get the negative feedback just for being in the same ad as Colin. 

Hopefully she will ride it out and can use it as a ticket to bigger things in the future.

Here's an Mlive article that goes into more detail on the young gal from Michigan who is now one of the assistant coaches for the football team she was playing on!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/09/michigan_teen_in_colin_kaepern.html

on: Today at 01:19:43 PM 
Started by The Fuzz - Last post by SidecarFlip
Like reverse advertising.  Interesting concept.  Aren't Nike shoes made in China?

on: Today at 12:07:48 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by The Fuzz
It's the most insane thing I've seen for this process since Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas.  This one is worse, and strategically planned to delay.  Travesty of our system IMO.

on: Today at 10:33:34 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
Blew hard out here yesterday afternoon late and thunder but no precip at all.  I could see the cell to the north but it never got here.  Rained a little last night, not sure what time.  Maybe 1/20th of an inch.

Pretty dry right now.  Harvest will be a dusty affair this year.  Corn don't look bad for the most part, I do see some fields that suffered a bit.  Same with beans.  Lots of cabbage (2nd planting) coming off now.  Peppers are done, so are tomatoes, what few there are anymore.  Not a lot of sauce tomatoes planted out here anymore.  No money in them today.  Mexico and California have taken over that crop with a double harvest, Michigan is out of the running.

on: Today at 10:27:20 AM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
I find it amazing how dysfunctional the government is today.  The conformation is nothing but a Democrat inspired circus.  If I was Brett Kavanaugh, I'd say heck with it and withdraw.

on: Today at 10:24:35 AM 
Started by Frenchfry - Last post by SidecarFlip
What they really need to study s on improving their infrastructure, poles, hardware and transmission lines and clear trees away from the right of way.  Probably asking too much until the next outage and then it's a mad dash to get it repaired.

on: Today at 09:17:58 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Maverick
I had 2 of my wells tested yesterday. I'll post the results when I get them.

on: Today at 06:58:27 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
LOL It says don't eat the foam !!

Looks like those signs are following you home!  Getting pretty close to home when it's on the Huron River!

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/09/huron_river_foam_may_contain_h.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10