on: July 18, 2018, 11:39:32 PM 
Started by Kazimer - Last post by Maverick
Honeybaked

Cold or heated

on: July 18, 2018, 10:16:14 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
Speed doesn't kill.

Shitty distracted drivers kill.

It is not against the law to be selfish and stupid.

It is to kill someone because of your stupidity.  I see the prosecution has rested.  Now it's the high paid mouth pieces turn.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:14:21 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
I take it, it's going to Willow Run? Must be the lowest bidder scenario.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:52 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by SidecarFlip
At our advanced age, anything goes.  MN is a kid compared to us.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:10:27 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by SidecarFlip
There are still some older homes that are near creeks and drains that don't have a working septic tank and the effluent (fancy word for crap) goes eventually into Lake Erie.  There are some even fairly new homes that have leaking seepage beds that allows for effluent to make it's way to the lake. 

When you fertilize your lawn and apply pesticide and herbicide too heavy it very well may make it to the lake too.  That may not be contributing to the algae but it's still a nasty pollutant and we'll suffer from those in the future.

We won't but our kids will.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:09:31 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by SidecarFlip
Lots of bad stuff that creates algae is put into lawn fertilizer.

Not only does it make the grass green - it makes the lake green too.

Actually phosporus and nitrates were removed from lawn fertilizer years ago.  It's the high content N from ag runoff plus sewage that is doing the lake in.

I sometimes wonder about the salt in the winter washing down in catch basins and getting in the lake as well.  None of it is good.  I'm for hot sand myself but the road commish says it plugs catch basins.  So does litter but thats beside the point.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:03:26 PM 
Started by Chips - Last post by SidecarFlip
Most of our roads are paved with promises :( :( :(

One of the Lansing politicians has just introduced a bill to change the road funding from Lane mile usage to lanes used.  About time someone woke up.  Probably won't pass.

Not many drive in the UP but the roads are glass under the ancient (1951) Lane mile formula.

on: July 18, 2018, 10:01:04 PM 
Started by Chips - Last post by SidecarFlip
Part of the problem (I can't say for sure in actual dollars) are all the retirees that move out of Michigan and are no longer paying income tax in Michigan on their retirement benefits!!!  Do you know any people like that?

One of Snyders despicable moves...The 'nerd' turd.

on: July 18, 2018, 09:49:22 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Some history on the giant UniRoyal tire up along I-94.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-about-michigan/michigan-history/history-behind-michigan-s-uniroyal-giant-tire-on-i-94

on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:54 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
We were down to 'Luckey' one day last summer and drove by the site just to see what was going on.  Lots of excavation equipment there although nothing was happening the day we were there. 

I wonder how much of the radioactive 'dust' will work it's way out of the trailers and land along I-75 in Monroe County?

Just in case anyone is keeping score this is yet another site that was mishandled when it was active and now the taxpayers are on the hook to clean it up. 

I wonder who will have to pay to clean up 75 in a few years :o :o :o

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2018/06/22/radioactive-soil-ohio-wayne-county-landfill/725741002/

Has anyone noticed trucks hauling the contaminated soil through the county?

More info:

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Luckey-Beryllium-clean-up-to-cost-taxpayers-244-million-488547111.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10