MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Openings

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Openings  (Read 69445 times)

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
Re: Business Openings
« Reply #1080 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:15 AM »

Pat Catans seems a lot slower than when they were at the other location.   Being so close to Hobby Lobby, and a lot less visible probably hurt.   When they moved Target was still there and a couple new stores, all now gone, had just opened at the mall.   Bet they regret it.   The one big advantage PC has is they are open on Sunday--important to parents who's kids have a project due Monday.

Bon Ton's auction got rescheduled to tomorrow.   Must be still trying to hammer out a deal to save part or all of the company.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:59:20 AM by ytrewq »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1081 on: April 09, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »

Pat Catans seems a lot slower than when they were at the other location.   Being so close to Hobby Lobby, and a lot less visible probably hurt.   When they moved Target was still there and a couple new stores, all now gone, had just opened at the mall.  Bet they regret it.   The one big advantage PC has is they are open on Sunday--important to parents who's kids have a project due Monday.

Bon Ton's auction got rescheduled to tomorrow.   Must be still trying to hammer out a deal to save part or all of the company.

Makes me wonder if they'll just move back to their former S. Dixie building if the mall closes.  I suppose they could operate out of their current location as they're kind of 'free standing' but they would really be off the beaten path at that point. 
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1082 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »

Speaking of Auctions, the Shiver Shack in Deerfield is up for auction.  Been for sale for 3 years and no bites.  Guess they are tired of paying RE taxes on a no profit business.

Pretty soon Deerfield will dry up and blow away.  Plane Wave is moving out too, to Adrian.  Have to change the name to Deadfield.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1083 on: April 12, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

Saw a sign in the window of the former Asiana -   some Tai type place  "opening soon"...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ytrewq

• Hero Talker

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1085 on: Today at 08:28:07 AM »

Harbor Freight Tools
Associate Sales
1549 N TELEGRAPH RD
MONROE

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=26281&siteid=6657&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=459909&codes=INDEED#jobDetails=459909_6657

Interesting about the 1549 address.  I shows on the tax rolls as Subway but also has a couple of 'inactive' listings.  Maybe they're just doing job interviews in the Subway?  Maybe Subway is moving or closing.  I saw something in just the last few days that Subway was preparing to close around 500 units across the country. 

Seems like it would be confusing to have 2 businesses with the same address though.

1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   SUCESSFUL RESTAURANTS PERFORMACE IN   **Personal Property
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 000 634 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Personal Property
**Inactive
1549 N TELEGRAPH   07 806 003 00 (Parcel Number)   **Sub-Address - view parcel details for owner information   **Inactive
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1086 on: Today at 10:53:23 AM »

I saw that.   Subway is a small space between 2 big, empty spaces I believe.   The pool store just moved too, opening up a big area on the south end but looking at the aerial view those units aren't very deep.   
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]   Go Up