MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:51:15 PM 
Started by excelsior - Last post by BigRedDog
I'll be out this afternoon looking for a piece of the meteorITE.

Saw an article on my phone that says a piece the size of a softball could be worth around a $1M.

on: Today at 01:43:08 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Been a tough month  -  my younger sister passed away on the 8th  - her 47th birthday would have been today.

She was in the hospital for a month prior - so if I haven't posted much - thats why -

Now to catch up on things...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your sister Professor. 

Birthdays are always rough and I'm sure her birthday falling so close is extra tough.

You and your family hang in there and just take things one day at a time.

on: Today at 01:28:58 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by BigRedDog
He looks like.........me :o

They caught up to him around Howell where he lives.  No name yet but he is suspected in other bank robberies.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/01/17/Man-arrested-in-Fifth-Third-Bank-robbery.html

on: Today at 12:35:35 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by SidecarFlip
He looks like.........me :o

on: Today at 12:33:50 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
Sort of off topic, but Flip....have you tried the new chicken pot pies that KFC is putting out?  I see them marketing them now in the St. Louis area, not sure if they are being sold back home though.

Local outlets here don't offer them...yet but I did try one in Ionia on the way back from up north with Jimmy.  They are good.  The Ionia KFC on M66 in town, has a full buffet plus the carryout or dine in chicken in all varieties.

All the KFC's around here are owned by the same person, both in Monroe (2) and the one in Adrian.  They also owned the one in Tecumseh that caught fire (from an electrical issue, not overcooked chicken) that was never rebuilt for some reason.  Just an empty lot now (across from Bader's John Deere).  No for sale sign so I keep hoping it will be rebuilt at some point.

CL and I did swing into Jets Pizza in Tecumseh the other night and ordered up a thick crust rectangular pizza pie with pepperoni and extra cheese and brought it home and true to Jets, it was just as good as any we have had elsewhere.  Jets is tops for pizza in my book, about the only pizza we don't get indigestion from.

Waiting for the beanery and bar to move into the closed steak house that was on the corner of 23 and 50.  They have good stuff at their present location, just down the way.

We go to the Chinese Sizzling or the Dundee Coney Island (in the same strip) off Waterstradt across M50 from Cabelas.  The Coney don't have much in the way of ambience (none at all actually) but has a good inexpensive breakfast (stay away from the pancakes) and dinners, Liver and onions suck, so does the meatloaf and spaghetti and meatballs, but everything else is good to excellent and they make real battewred deep fried onion rings, not the constituted (ground up onion) ones other beaneries offer.

Their burgers are fantastic and so it their Al's club sandwich.  Cheesecake is homemade and excellent too.

Chinese Sizzling is so clean you could eat off the floor in the mens room, never seen a Chinese beanery so clean before, usually they are dirty.  Not this one and the food is good and you get plenty, we usually wind up bringing some home for another meal.  The Coney and the Chinese place do carryout.

We do Chinese in moderation, we prefer American cusine and of course KFC.

Finally went to Culvers in Adrian the other day.  It's very good too.  Specialty burgers and fare.  Reasonably priced too.  Nice dining room, unlike McDees, no plastic seating.  Real sloth seats.

on: Today at 12:07:48 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
At least it wasn't a N. Korean ICBM....

on: Today at 12:06:32 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
My condolences as well.  Life is a fleeting thing we all take for granted.

on: Today at 11:47:27 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
Prof,  sorry to hear a family loose someone so young.

on: Today at 11:32:18 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by Maverick
I saw the meteor on my way back from toledo on Lewis. It lit up the sky and when I looked up to see what it was I saw the final tail and burn out. It was pretty cool especially with the snow.

on: Today at 10:48:02 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by excelsior
Been a tough month  -  my younger sister passed away on the 8th  - her 47th birthday would have been today.

She was in the hospital for a month prior - so if I haven't posted much - thats why -

Now to catch up on things...

Sorry for your loss of your sister.  Condolences to you and your family.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10