MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Politics and sex

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: Politics and sex  (Read 33659 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Politics and sex
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »

Probably is (much ado about nothing) except for one glaring fact....  Both ran on CHRISTIAN VALUES AND MORALITY.

...and neither obviously has those attributes.

Thats what sticks in my craw and thats why IMO, they need to resign.  It's a blatant denial of trust and an outright lie.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »

Yup......but one of my observations that ran me away from The Church years ago was the hypocrisy! 

The only folks I have ever met that were bigger liars, terribly pretentious, and outright disgusting individuals than a fair percentage of "Christians" have been those elected to public office.  All the same caliber of people!
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »

Fair statement.  All Im' saying is that their election planks were Christian values and morality, neither of which were displayed and when the 'affair' became public, they shied from it....  With Courser, he even fabricated a completely false story about him having a homosexual relationship to deflect the actual facts.

All that crap leads me to believe they should both be removed, either voluntarily or by censure from the house and senate.

I know all politicians lie but the very foundations for election were outright lies.  Time to go and (I believe I read somewhere that 80% of those publically polled on the issue were in favor of them going, by their own choice or 2/3rds vote for removal.

I would hope their constitutients in the respective districts don't reelect them again (unlike Kwame was), if nothing of substance happens to them in the interem.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 10:06:38 AM »

I don't disagree, Flip.  Running on the basis of "I'm holier than thou!" disqualifies them if that was the reason they were elected.

But in general......the headboard banging makes no difference to me.  Screwing each other gave them less time to screw us.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

There's a couple of more recent 'stories' involving politics and sex...

This one is over a hundred years old but back in the news as recent DNA test results confirm what the mother said for years...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/14/our-dirtiest-president-s-mistress-tells-all.html

The Free Press has an article today on prior 'sexcapades' in Michigan Political history (I'm guessing they've missed more than a few ;) ;) ;) ):

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/editorials/2015/08/14/michigan-scandals-corruption/31760729/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »

LOL.....I had to chuckle hard over the bribed with sausage story!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 12:40:47 PM »

I don't disagree, Flip.  Running on the basis of "I'm holier than thou!" disqualifies them if that was the reason they were elected.

But in general......the headboard banging makes no difference to me.  Screwing each other gave them less time to screw us.

I look at it this way...  The Radisson made some money and they both are on an extreme guilt trip now.  I suspect this will come to a head down the road.  Shitte is investigating.....  You are right of course, screwing each other is better than screwing us....

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »

The sad part is the Kids from both families... 

It's not illegal to have an affair or the jails would be full.
The co-mingling of their offices is a good idea - we don't need each individual elected official having a private office in the first place!   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2015, 09:53:31 PM »

I think if there is even a whiff of misappropriation of funds, they will both swing.  Thats what Shitte is looking for.

Wonder if Courser smokes cigars like Bill.....?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »

Here is a "positive" take on this whole "affair."

In school they tell you how a bill is passed. It's introduced, goes to committee, is passed in both houses and the governor signs the thing. That was easy.

It's also not exactly accurate.

Sometimes unrelated issues get linked, and that may be the case when it comes to the Todd Courser/Cindy Gamrat story having an impact on efforts to fix the roads.

You gotta be kidding, right?

There are three schools of thought on the linkage.

The first is that because House GOP Speaker Kevin Cotter has been distracted by the behavior of his two underlings, he's not had enough time to work out the road fix.

The second has the House "putting the wagons in a circle" in an attempt to work together to pass a road fix. That would change the conversation in town from Mr. Courser and Ms. Gamrat to something a tad more positive, such as actually doing something on the roads.

Related to that is the third notion, that the Legislature "looks weak and dysfunctional," and you could flip that around with a positive vote this week on roads. That from an inside source who is following all this very closely.

Pick your theory, but what is clear is that Mr. Cotter is on a mission to find 55 yes votes for a package that reportedly includes $600 million in new revenue and an equal amount from the current state budget combing to reach the target of $1.2 billion that the governor wants.

There is one more linkage angle to contemplate. If the embattled tea party lawmakers were to resign, and don't bet the farm on that, the speaker's target of 55 votes would be sliced to 53.

Either way, this week promises to be mucho interesting on both stories as lawmakers return to the arena Tuesday.

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/08/could_courser-gamrat_matter_pu.html#incart_river
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »

The sad part is the Kids from both families... 

It's not illegal to have an affair or the jails would be full.
The co-mingling of their offices is a good idea - we don't need each individual elected official having a private office in the first place!

Actually it appears it may still be a felony Professor...   but only if one or both of the spouses bring charges within a year. 

Michigan defines adultery as “the sexual intercourse of 2 persons, either of whom is married to a third person.” Adultery is a felony-level crime in Michigan, but it can only be prosecuted if the spouse who is being victimized by the adultery files a criminal complaint within a year of the offense.

From:  http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/adultery-and-alimony-michigan.html

Plenty of reading from Google:

https://www.google.com/#q=is+adultery+illegal+in+michigan

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »

LOL.....I had to chuckle hard over the bribed with sausage story!

;) ;) ;)

Will the REAL answer please stand up....

The real answer is both need to voluntarily resign.  In an already dysfunctional statehouse, we don't need more drama....

Cindy's husband is a woose.  I'd have tossed her out immediately.  She violated the sanctity of marriage.

But Courser looks and acts like an even bigger woose...  I sure can't see what she saw in him :( :( :(

Will be interesting to see where this all ends up a year or two from now.

One thing to have a few of your friends and neighbors know your spouse has been fooling around...   move 25 miles away and you're all set...  but when it's been in the national and international news it's going to be rough to find a 'sanctuary'.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »

I look at it this way...  The Radisson made some money and they both are on an extreme guilt trip now.  I suspect this will come to a head down the road.  Shitte is investigating.....  You are right of course, screwing each other is better than screwing us....

I don't know if the Lansing Radisson has a 'short stay' rate especially for the legislators (and probably the lobbyists too) or if they have to pay 'all night' rates.  Sounds like this was a regular Thursday afternoon 'event' from what has been spilled so far.  Not sure how many of those 'stays' one can justify on a state reps' paycheck...   seems like around $80K.  I know they get an expense account but I would guess it's that expense account which will get scrutinized by the investigation (s).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUkhMq_iRo

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2015, 09:14:50 AM »

Press Conference at 3pm by one of the former aides to Courser / Gamrat.  I'm guessing this may be an even bigger event than when Cindy did her's last week.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/former-courser-and-gamrat-aide-hosting-press-conference/34754140

And according to Mlive the PC will be at 2pm (I guess that is why you should check multiple sources whenever you're doing anything related to a politician)!!!

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/08/former_aide_to_share_inside_st.html#incart_river

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »

Actually it appears it may still be a felony Professor...   but only if one or both of the spouses bring charges within a year. 

From:  http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/adultery-and-alimony-michigan.html

Plenty of reading from Google:

https://www.google.com/#q=is+adultery+illegal+in+michigan

One of those laws like spitting on the sidewalk that is never enforced...

Although I can envision some bitter spouses wondering why they didn't use this as leverage at least!

Their every step will be monitored for a while - so they will have to drive a little further out of town for their next 'strategy' session  ;)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37   Go Up