MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: August 17, 2018, 10:59:43 PM 
Started by eriemermaid - Last post by blue2
Telegraph south of Temperance Rd closed early Sept for 8 weeks to replace a culvert.  Really? 

on: August 17, 2018, 10:34:35 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by blue2
Prosecution probably hurt when it gave Gates a get out of jail card. Then he basically said he cooked Manaforts books and stole money from him. In the end jury maybe not convict Manafort and good chance the judge throws case out

on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:08 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
The city had a rescue call earlier for an assault victim with gas in his eyes.  I'm guessing that is gasoline in his eyes.

Maybe someone caught him peeking in their gas tank?  I'm guessing we may hear more about this one eventually.

Summerfield is out on a call for the top of a power pole on fire.  Those are always tough ones because there's just not much the FD can do except watch it burn and stand by until it either burns out or Edison shows up.  We watched Consumer's put one out down in Erie one day.  They took what appeared to be a big dry powder extinguisher up in their bucket and had to shoot the pole a few times to get it to quit burning. 

on: August 17, 2018, 08:17:02 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
There is a big parking lot sale at Harbor Freight this weekend.

This only happens like 20 or so times a year

Don't miss out!

on: August 17, 2018, 08:13:19 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by Monroe Native
Manaforrt was supposed to role on Trump.

He is being punished for not doing so.

on: August 17, 2018, 08:05:12 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
The last I saw on Twitter the osu president says the report will be delivered to the board on Sunday but they may or nay not release their findings the same day.  I think they're just pushing for TV ratings now :o :o :o

on: August 17, 2018, 08:02:51 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Well its the same builder that did all the expansion at the storage place across the street.   They are pretty well land locked so maybe they are expanding across the street?

Why do people have so much crap to store?

Here's what I found in the online public records.  The tax records still isn't showing an address (I'd guess Monroe Charter township has assigned one by now but it takes a long time sometimes for the records to all 'merge' together).  I verified that the property is adjacent to UPS because it has a similar parcel ID number with the last two digits being consecutive. 

UPS's parcel:

Address
Reference #
Name

15400 S TELEGRAPH RD   12 020 021 53 (Parcel Number)   BT-OH LLC   
15400 S TELEGRAPH RD   12 300 814 00 (Parcel Number)   UPS   **Personal Property

Fernco Development LTD owned properties in Monroe County.  Note the top one is in area 03 which I'm sure is Berlin Township.  My cheat sheet is on my phone and it's on the charger right now.  The parcel with no address is where the construction is happening and you can see the parcel ID number is just one digit more than the UPS parcel next door. 

Name
Reference #
Address

FERNCO DEVELOPMENT LTD   03 006 099 00 (Parcel Number)   14701 TELEGRAPH RD   
FERNCO DEVELOPMENT LTD   12 020 021 54 (Parcel Number)   S TELEGRAPH RD   
FERNCO DEVELOPMENT LTD   12 020 089 00 (Parcel Number)   15441 S TELEGRAPH RD   
FERNCO DEVELOPMENT LTD   12 300 101 00 (Parcel Number)   15441 S TELEGRAPH RD   **Personal Property

The Register of Deeds info showing the multiple corporate names had crashed.  I had left it open way too long apparently.  They seem to have registered all 3 names but also appear to only be operating under the one name in Monroe County.  A google search gave me the Jackson address but it appears they have used an attorney to register the paperwork which means it takes a little more detective work to sometimes still not find who the filing parties are. 

Google info for 404 S Jackson.  Draw your own conclusions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=404+S+Jackson+St.%2C+Jackson+MI&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS749US749&oq=404+S+Jackson+St.%2C+Jackson+MI&aqs=chrome..69i57.11383j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

on: August 17, 2018, 07:48:05 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
Manafort case is in hands of Jury. 12 folks. Best defense Manafort has is when the judge told Mueller prosecutors the only reason they're reaming Manafort is because he was one of Trump's campaign managers. Is there any doubt. Then there is the evidence.

Prosecutors bring in Manafort accountants to testify he was doing some shady stuff. Well, if so, how come the accountants didn't refuse to comply? His Junior partner Gates handled the day to day operation at the direction of Manafort, he says. Any illegal actions he took were at the direction of Manafort. While Manafort didn't handle the details Gates says he knew where the money was. Yet Gates admitted to embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars from Manafort. Apparently Manafort didn't know where ALL the money went.

I'm not saying Manafort is a saint. He isn't. Yet the beef with Manafort should be with the IRS. His punishment should be getting reamed financially by the IRS, not sentenced to essentially life in prison. Further, had Manafort not signed on as Trump's campaign manager the odds are nobody would have taken notice of him. Lord knows there have been a whole lot of folks getting away with a whole lot worse, starting with Hillary.

on: August 17, 2018, 07:47:15 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by BigRedDog
I'm  not sure about Mace. My wife chose it. It was her dog. I only fed it, groomed it, trimmed nails, walked it,bathed it and took to the vet. And it sat in the chair with her every evening

That's about the way it was with our big red Snickers.  My wife did all of the above except I took her on long, long walks.  She was a hunter at heart and loved to walk and explore.  Some days we'd walk 3-4 miles and she was still always ready to go for one more lap around the woods if I would take her.  She liked my wife and would be very protective of her but there was little doubt whose dog she ultimately was. 

One day I was taking photos of a woman's house and she busted me.  One of the few times I ever got busted but this gal got me good...   or so she thought.  We had our Ranger pickup which had jumpseats in the back and Snickers loved to sleep in the back.  The woman must have seen me when I was taking pictures out the truck window when I was out in front of her house.  When I went around the block and went through the alley she was waiting for me by the garage and she decided it would be a good idea to get in my face and yell at me.  Snickers went from sound asleep to full on 'defense' in about a half a second.  Fortunately the dog was just too big to get out of the back through what little opening there was in the side window.  That woman sure went into full retreat in a hurry.  She was still talking but I was so busy laughing and Snickers was barking so ferociously I couldn't hear the gal as I drove away.  The dog just turned around and laid back down on the floor and let out a big 'sigh'.  She had done her work for the day.

on: August 17, 2018, 06:39:56 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by blue2
I'm  not sure about Mace. My wife chose it. It was her dog. I only fed it, groomed it, trimmed nails, walked it,bathed it and took to the vet. And it sat in the chair with her every evening

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10