MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:42:30 PM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by CatLady
rug

on: Today at 11:33:08 AM 
Started by MM1 - Last post by BigRedDog
One of my pet peeves is people texting (and quite often just talking on their phone) while they're driving...

this video makes a great point!!!

You can't even text and walk

on: Today at 11:14:02 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I got the trash out to the road.  It's raining but not pouring down yet.  The dampness in the air just goes right through you!

Looks like a good day to go down and work in the basement!!!

on: Today at 10:49:51 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
It's unfortunate for the girls that were abused but Michigan authorities are going to do everything they can to salvage Michigan State university..That is there utmost concern, not the girls.

on: Today at 10:46:08 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by blue2
throw

on: Today at 10:22:18 AM 
I've often wondered why Michigan doesn't use the 'grand jury' system...

seems like that would be the most 'transparent' investigation we could possibly get.

On Jan. 27 Schuette announced Forsyth, a retired Kent County prosecutor, as an "independent special prosecutor"

But when Schuette's office released details of Forsyth's hiring under the Freedom of Information Act, Forsyth's actual independence from Schuette was questioned. Forsyth was to serve "under my direction and at my pleasure," according to an appointment letter Schuette signed. 

The above sure doesn't give me much faith that this investigation is going to be 'transparent' in any way!

Much, much more at:

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/for_a_truly_independent_invest.html#incart_river_home

on: Today at 09:41:09 AM 
Started by overDoseMonroe - Last post by BigRedDog
And i don't know how legalizing marijuana is going to help any of these addictions..

Well, the feds have been targeting Marijuana since 1937

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana_Tax_Act_of_1937

That's just over 80 years and I don't see where that has worked out so good for them...

maybe it's time to try going another direction :-\ :-\ :-\

on: Today at 09:35:47 AM 
Curious how many occupants they will design for...    or did they not change anything below.

When I got there I saw the building permit in the window and headed straight towards it.  The only thing I noticed inside at that time were piles of the foam board and buckets of the stucco mix.  Most likely a different crew or crews will do the interior work.

That building has load bearing walls so there is only so much they can do with opening things up. 

Goodwill Industries had a training center in there just to the south of the pharmacy.  Goodwill moved to Telegraph road next to their 'new' store about the same time the pharmacy moved across the street.  I was in the building at that time and I was surprised how chopped up it is in the back. 

Those two units are adjacent so someone could have one very nice large unit by working around what I assume must be a load bearing wall between the two units.

I never did get a chance to go over the building permit as the contractors came right over to talk to me before I had a chance to see much.  I'll have to stop some evening when they're not working.

on: Today at 09:18:19 AM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
A new Cadillac CTS just crawling down our road this morning...

I saw a bicycle go by yesterday and it was definitely 'flying' compared to the CTS!!!

Most vehicles are going way faster than they should be.

I did see one squirrel out playing most of the afternoon yesterday.  Even when I went out with the dog the squirrel just retreated up into the trees and watched us. 

It's a dismal morning.  Supposed to be warmer and rain for the next few days.  The Toledo stations all seem to be stuck in the 3-5" but with the rain being heavier south and west of Toledo.  Sounds like we'll still get plenty.  It should help get the frost out of the roads anyway. 

on: Today at 08:59:45 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Maverick
mark

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10