MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: June 22, 2018, 06:50:52 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by Monroe Native
Looks like it's going to keep raining for at least another 24 hours but 'may' clear up Sunday afternoon!

LOL.....  no convertible for me!

;D

on: June 22, 2018, 06:49:54 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by BigRedDog
It might be a great time for anyone that has been thinking about selling their home and moving out of the county to actually get to it.  It might make selling a home in the county in a few years a lot more difficult...

or at least to sell at anywhere near the current price level. 

on: June 22, 2018, 06:47:44 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
Fonda needs to be arrested for making threats against the Presidential family in the very least.  So does DiNiro and the rest of the loudmouth's.  Being an adult is being responsible for your actions.  If a couple of them get banged, that will end the whole thing.  They all have big mouths and nothing to back that up with.

I'm sure they are looking into if it is a credible threat, just like they did when old Fry reported members on this board.  If they find it credible, I'm sure they will have their hands full.

However - I prefer to live in a country where morons can shoot off their big mouth when they don't like something - no matter how ridiculous or stupid their position is.

The day the Government takes steps to stop free speech - that is the day that this Country starts going down a path that would make ME think about is it time for an uprising!

No - I'm not for people threatening other people....  but on the other hand - they have the right to say what they think, as long as they are willing to live with the consequences of their actions.

on: June 22, 2018, 06:43:29 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
Article with video on cleanup efforts of the River Raisin.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180620/new-footage-showcases-river-clean-up

on: June 22, 2018, 06:41:44 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180622/dte-ups-ante-seeking-60-percent-tax-cut

What is going to happen to Monroe County when every single Government entity gets to take a tax cut?

Will they cut their budgets accordingly - or will they take the route of recovering the tax dollars through higher millage rates?

I am sure happy to see that all the Government Officials are acting like professionals through this process.

The effects of the devaluation will be felt throughout Monroe County. McNew said the ISD alone stands to lose about $2.5 million from the devaluation, which impacts the technology millage, general levy and special educational millage.

“This is a travesty and we cannot sit idly by and let big business bully our schools and this community,” McNew said.

I think Stephen needs to take a deep breath and not get emotional.  This is just business.  DTE is looking out for their business and shareholders.  It isn't personal.  They aren't "bullying" you.  Don't make it personal.

on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:26 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I wonder how popular these bonds will be?

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/michigan_state_to_issue_bonds.html

on: June 22, 2018, 06:16:48 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by John Kopke
Which is way the population in this country is so divisive with each other.  Battle lines are being drawn, liberal snowflakes against everyone else and the media is fanning the flames.  Liberals loose simply because they are outgunned.

We are heading for a civil war, like it or not and it's all being perpetuated by the fake news media.

Look at yesterday and Peter Fonda running his mouth (on twitter) about killing ICE agents (and how to do it) and kidnapping Barron Trump and ending his twitter posts with the now new buzzword F*ck.

Fonda needs to be arrested for making threats against the Presidential family in the very least.  So does DiNiro and the rest of the loudmouth's.  Being an adult is being responsible for your actions.  If a couple of them get banged, that will end the whole thing.  They all have big mouths and nothing to back that up with.

Amen.

on: June 22, 2018, 06:14:15 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
It must be the weekend.

It's raining again.

Looks like it's going to keep raining for at least another 24 hours but 'may' clear up Sunday afternoon!

on: June 22, 2018, 05:53:27 PM 
Started by indy99 - Last post by BigRedDog
The State of Ohio has declared a statewide outbreak of Hep A and is blaming it patially on the outbreak here in Michigan!

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Ohio-Department-of-Health-issues-state-outbreak-of-Hepatitis-A-486297711.html

on: June 22, 2018, 05:25:32 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by Monroe Native
It must be the weekend.

It's raining again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10