MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: August 17, 2018, 07:47:15 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by BigRedDog
I'm  not sure about Mace. My wife chose it. It was her dog. I only fed it, groomed it, trimmed nails, walked it,bathed it and took to the vet. And it sat in the chair with her every evening

That's about the way it was with our big red Snickers.  My wife did all of the above except I took her on long, long walks.  She was a hunter at heart and loved to walk and explore.  Some days we'd walk 3-4 miles and she was still always ready to go for one more lap around the woods if I would take her.  She liked my wife and would be very protective of her but there was little doubt whose dog she ultimately was. 

One day I was taking photos of a woman's house and she busted me.  One of the few times I ever got busted but this gal got me good...   or so she thought.  We had our Ranger pickup which had jumpseats in the back and Snickers loved to sleep in the back.  The woman must have seen me when I was taking pictures out the truck window when I was out in front of her house.  When I went around the block and went through the alley she was waiting for me by the garage and she decided it would be a good idea to get in my face and yell at me.  Snickers went from sound asleep to full on 'defense' in about a half a second.  Fortunately the dog was just too big to get out of the back through what little opening there was in the side window.  That woman sure went into full retreat in a hurry.  She was still talking but I was so busy laughing and Snickers was barking so ferociously I couldn't hear the gal as I drove away.  The dog just turned around and laid back down on the floor and let out a big 'sigh'.  She had done her work for the day.

on: August 17, 2018, 06:39:56 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by blue2
I'm  not sure about Mace. My wife chose it. It was her dog. I only fed it, groomed it, trimmed nails, walked it,bathed it and took to the vet. And it sat in the chair with her every evening

on: August 17, 2018, 04:24:04 PM 
Started by Mayonnaise - Last post by FritzTheKat
What if Donovan was talking about Moonlight Batman?

on: August 17, 2018, 03:39:58 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by BigRedDog
Wow,  #50 Gunner looks identical to the last dog we had,  His name was Mace..

I went through all the pictures and saw a couple that looked like dogs we've had over the years.  Definitely brings back some good memories.

I don't think 'Mace' made the top 50 list in either gender but that is an interesting name.  How did you happen to choose that?

We've had some interesting family discussions naming puppies but usually a name just naturally sticks!  We had a registered English Setter puppy (lived to be 17) and we were having a cookout in the back yard while we were all debating a name.  Someone had carelessly tossed an empty Bud Light bottle aside and the puppy started sticking his tongue down the neck of the bottle.  All at the same time I herd 'Bud' and 'Bud Boy' and both stuck.  He was Bud for short and Bud Boy when he misbehaved.  That really wasn't very often other than he went deaf fairly young so he was hard to control by voice.  Still obeyed hand signals though 'if' you could get his attention.  He was our outdoor guard dog for years.  We had ducks too and the ducks would rarely all sleep at the same time so they'd start talking if they saw something and then Bud would happily announce it to the world!

on: August 17, 2018, 03:29:58 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Just saw this on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/TIM_MAYsports/status/1030522314155347970

Just saw this headed toward Woody Hayes Athletic Center, but it turned out to be a premature indicator.

I also saw earlier that the President at osu says they may not have their investigation completed by Sunday as they had originally hoped.  Apparently new info keeps popping up as they dig deeper 8* 8* 8*

on: August 17, 2018, 12:15:22 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by Monroe Native
A project on the River Raisin.  Every little bit helps over the long haul.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180815/showcasing-environmental-improvements-along-river-raisin

Every little bit adds to the deficits too

on: August 17, 2018, 12:12:57 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
Didn't read your linked article.  See no need.  Bottom line is...NG is cheap right now.  I say now because it is a finite supply and when it peters out (and it will), alternative power sources will become the vogue again.

I saw lots of wind turbines going up on my drive North.

I didn't see any turning though in the completed form

Monroe screwed the pooch by not.convincing DTE to build a new plant in Monroe.

on: August 17, 2018, 12:07:37 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by Monroe Native
Not so sure the poor are the only ones voting for Dems anymore. 
In the tight Ohio race the outcome was almost 50/50 across the state. 
But someone found a few thousand votes they forgot to count and they were almost ALL for the democrat. 
How does that work?

Just taking a page out of the Democratic play book.

Worked for Al Franken.  Worked for JFK

on: August 17, 2018, 12:04:08 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Monroe Native
I would be ok if every team in the B1G stopped playing ND

+1.

To hell with Notre Dame

on: August 17, 2018, 12:03:09 PM 
Started by Monroe Native - Last post by Monroe Native
Too bad we can't seem to get enough to re-start the Monroe Talks Fantasy Football...   

But I guess some didn't like Losing  ;)

And some of us got bored because winning was just too easy.

;)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10