MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:56 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by John Kopke
I find it amusing and amazing at the same time, that, his own party cannot coalesce around him.  Mark my words, he'll get a second term no problem.  I know I'll vote for him.  Ryan is an idiot, McConnel is like McCain.  Has been dork.  Trump has zero decorum, fine with me.  I don't either.

D:

"Trump has zero decorum, fine with me.  I don't either." Oh my God! D, please tell me it ain't so.

on: June 20, 2018, 07:11:17 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by John Kopke
i keep hearing that Dems are going to take over the House in the next election.  With all the antics of the current bunch leading the democratic party i don't see how they are going to convince people to vote for more democrats.

Blue:

Problem is the low information voter that gets their information from the MSM. And the MSM is a political arm of the Dem Party, much like Fox is political arm of the Pukes. The difference is Fox and other conservative media are outnumbered bigly. Further, Fox isn't purveyor of fake news, as is the MSM. Dems/MSM too often decide on the narrative which is all negative Trump all the time. Fox and Trump have to spend an inordinate amount of time refuting fake news.

Trump has done a lot of good things for the economy, and in foreign policy.
And beyond the MSM fakes news, they under report, ignore, or put a negative spin on the good things that are going on. If DT was shown walking on water they'd say he's only doing that because he can't swim. If Trump were to offer the milk of human kindness the Dem/MSM folks would ask for a bacteria count.   

on: June 20, 2018, 06:47:49 PM 
Started by nails - Last post by Maverick
And maybe our jails would be less crowded.
I think the next logical thing to do would be to release anyone in jail for an offense that would now be legal if the ballot proposal passes--which it will by a handy margin.

on: June 20, 2018, 05:37:27 PM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by Monroe Native
There is just not much tolerance anymore in respecting the opinions of others....and that goes for in here, and life in general.

I agree that tolerance for others views is at an all time view, and oddly enough the most intolerant seem to be those who preach tolerance.

on: June 20, 2018, 04:58:38 PM 
Started by nails - Last post by nails

Well, I see Canada just legalized recreational weed.
Kind of hope Michigan can do the same.
Seems like among other things, it might slow down the opioid usage.
The taxes collected would be another plus.
Other than the threat of obesity, I think it's safer than alcohol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/canadas-senate-votes-to-legalize-marijuana/2018/06/19/ab346ea7-807a-4fd4-b08d-0757c9d8f76c_story.html?utm_term=.5ab0167dad64

on: June 20, 2018, 03:12:41 PM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by The Fuzz
I think otherwise on a lot of nastiness doesn't bother posting......I believe some get offended and those are the ones who lurk and just lurk without posting.

It's not so much a matter of nice folks disappearing as there are still a few here that I know that I consider nice, but there are some people that just don't care to come on anymore (nice or not) that would rather forgo the subsequent harsh words that follow if they do not agree.

There is just not much tolerance anymore in respecting the opinions of others....and that goes for in here, and life in general.

on: June 20, 2018, 12:29:22 PM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
Pictures of the turkeys across the road earlier this morning.  They played around out there for over an hour and finally drifted off to the right to where I couldn't see them anymore. 

Sorry the picture isn't any better but that is through the front window and screen and I was holding the camera in my hands as opposed to on the tripod.  It's also zoomed in a lot as the birds are probably about a quarter mile out in the field.

on: June 20, 2018, 12:00:35 PM 
The water may not be turning green yet but this all helps to make it green eventually!

Saturday we were at Sterling and the beach was packed. 

Sunday we were at Luna Pier.  We didn't go down on the beach but I was watching a woman hold her toddler under the outdoor shower and I even commented to my wife that I wouldn't be putting my kid in the water to swim!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180620/no-swim-advisories-posted-at-state-park-luna-pier

on: June 20, 2018, 11:29:38 AM 
Started by jbs49238 - Last post by Monroe Native
Alot of nastiness doesn't bother posting anymore.

It's not like just nice people disappeared.

on: June 20, 2018, 10:43:23 AM 
I always thought that was an interesting quadrant of land right there.  Too low to be developed I guess, but I've always heard (and have seen) that deer frequent that area.  Was never sure if they stay there because there is no easy path onto that property without crossing Telegraph or M50.

We went to Veterans' Park for a pizza picnic one night last week and I was watching across there to see what I might see.  I spent a lot of time watching the fish 'bypass' to see if I could see anything but never did.  Maybe all the fish migration is done for the season. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10