MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:35:17 PM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by FritzTheKat
rider

on: Today at 11:36:45 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
BRD. It's terrible here today after all the cooler weather. It's hot and humid.

on: Today at 11:34:21 AM 
Started by BigRedDog - Last post by BigRedDog
LOL   one of my friends "nightmares" was that we would have to come in after she fell in the shower! 

Of course she was a looker and we assured her the response would be prompt and plenty of help would be there!

Does she own a shepherd?

on: Today at 11:22:58 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I saw a FB post explaining why it's taking forever to complete the Jimmy Johns on S. Monroe/Jones

The former owners said the new owners had paid up front and a contractor skated...  so they are stressed financially and thus no movement.   

I guess they didn't have much business experience prior!

Licensed contractors in Michigan pay a fee into a 'slush fund' (or at least they used to) so victims have a place to recover some funds in those cases.  That may only be for residential situations though.  Typically you would expect a commercial property owner to be a little less naive than to 'pay first' :-\ :-\ :-\

on: Today at 11:17:15 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
I'm pretty sure it survived. It's been thru about as bad a storm before. If it's gone then bring on the rebuilding project !!
I was looking for something new to occupy my time anyways !!!!!

That does seem to happen after storms like this.  We have a neighbor that had less damage than we did other than they had left a car in their carport and it got some scratches when the carport collapsed.  No structural damage at all and they have hauled all their furniture to the curb and cut up all their carpet and put it with the furniture.  Saw them out taking lots of pictures of their curbside disposal!

I got done earlier than I thought yesterday so headed north and decided to spend the night in Gainesville.  Unfortunately I don't have a 'Go Blue' flag with me to fly as I leave.  I wouldn't have left it on the car overnight though!!!

Hot and sunny here and sounds like a similar forecast for home so I guess I'm bringing it with me!!!

on: Today at 09:55:38 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Maverick
midnight

on: Today at 09:50:22 AM 
Started by TK9317 - Last post by Newport-Bill
rendezvous

on: Today at 08:51:13 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by Professor H
curious if its a case of bad negotiating contracts to get that "big" job?

Contract and contract law is something that it seem many small businesses don't pay attention to

It has created a whole sub industry -  someone else takes those cash flow "billing invoices" and the headaches - for a fee :)   

on: Today at 07:58:25 AM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by The Fuzz
I've said for years now that the automotive industry has changed so much to the point that small guys could no longer do business with them.  They don't care about cash flow of their suppliers and service contractors and that can just wipe out a small business.

Sad story blue.......that's too bad.

on: September 20, 2017, 11:57:05 PM 
Started by Mayonnaise - Last post by Professor H
Maybe Google or Amazon can use it for a storage facility or office space for their servers

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10