MonroeTalks.com > Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: January 19, 2018, 08:08:41 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by blue2
Well it doesn't say much for the citizens of Michigan if this makes the ballot and they don't vote for it.
Do they think the politicians are really working for them and making their lives better?

on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:02 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by SidecarFlip
Lot of money for a brain box on the front of a conventional gas control valve.  We have Rod Garst propane.  You'd think he'd give me a deal on propane, I do hunt with him but...no deal...lol

Actually Garst is usually less than anyone else.  I own both tanks so I can fill with anyone and have accounts everywhere.  I always price shop and always fill in the late summer when gas is the lowest.  2 tanks carries me all winter even heating the shop.

The electric hybrids are expensive but so are the power vents and the LP power vents is a hard animal to find.

We have the same issue with tanks, about 10-12 years and they start to leak.  It's the well water I guess.  The current one I have, electric, I drain every time I fill my H2O2 injection unit which averages once a month.  You'd be amazed at the amount of crud I get out of the bottom, mostly crystalized calcium and some iron oxide.  The calcium comes out in small chunks in the water.  I figure that is what destroys the tank.  I could probably change out the anode rod as I'm sure it's long gone.

I know I have to change the anode rod every year in the propane HWH in the RV.  It gets eaten away every year and has to be replaced and I get the same white chunks in the bottom of the RV water heater I get in the one in the basement and likewise they have to be flushed out as well.

on: January 19, 2018, 07:09:51 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by SidecarFlip
I'd really like to see it make the ballot and let the voters decide.  I'm sure there will be much negative postulation by those impacted (Lansing bureaucrats).  No one wants their gravy train / applecart upset.

Just because Calley initiated it don't mean I'm a Calley voter either, but of the candidates, I do prefer him over Schutte and Gretchen.  Not sure about the Mohammad guy.  He has impeccable credentials but no political experience, which, might not be all bad.

I wonder if the same scenario could be applied to the Michigan No Fault MCCA insurance fiasco.

I guess one fight at a time is enough.

on: January 19, 2018, 07:03:57 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by SidecarFlip
I'm assuming they were just using quad copters as a lower cost target than this type of drone.

Sometimes the government actually can save the taxpayer a dollar here and a dollar there!

Rarely...

on: January 19, 2018, 06:27:00 PM 
Started by SidecarFlip - Last post by blue2
I posted in another topic that I received a petition in the mail to sign and secure other signatures. Not sure how it got to me but I did my part

on: January 19, 2018, 06:24:43 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by blue2
Guess I didn't see it

on: January 19, 2018, 05:53:20 PM 
Started by Professor H - Last post by BigRedDog
Thats me, old dead eye... ;D

In the example they were shooting down quad copters btw.

I'm assuming they were just using quad copters as a lower cost target than this type of drone.

Sometimes the government actually can save the taxpayer a dollar here and a dollar there!

on: January 19, 2018, 05:50:47 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
Next HWH I put in will be an electric hybrid or a propane power vent.  Both are very efficient.

We're on our 2nd natural gas power vent.  The first one corroded through from the inside out over about 10 years.  That one had replaced a conventionally vented one that also lasted about 10 years and corroded through from the inside out. 

Now we're about 8 years into the 2nd power vent and doing ok so far.  The control unit is giving me an issue though.  So far it's still holding ok except it will start and stop maybe 5 or 6 times in what should be a 20 to 25 minute 'burn'.  I've cleaned the flame sensor which is just about the only servicable part there is on it.  I had posted here one time about having to clean it and the fact that the cat litter box was right beside the water heater.   

A new control is about 2/3 the cost of a heater so I'll probably just go with a new heater when I can't nurse this controller along.

I think mine is a White Rodgers but the control looks just like this:

on: January 19, 2018, 05:38:12 PM 
Started by John Kopke - Last post by SidecarFlip
The left goes nuts over Trumps tweets. I must admit I myself haven't been comfortable with all of them. Yet take a look at Nancy Pelosi public pronouncements. When this woman speaks it amounts to a bumbling, stumbling, stuttering conglomeration of inanities. Yet there is no question by the MSM about her mental acuity.

The mainstream media will never question the sanity or intelegence of any member of the Congress or Senate, so long as they are against Trump and frankly, I'm sick of the media and ignore most all of it.

Trump's dog and pony show with Twitter actually has entertainment value whereas the media has no value whatsoever.  I've maintained right along that Trump knows EXACTLY what he's doing when he tweets something.  Great Bully Pulpit and he knows exactly what the outcome will be.  It's a game with him and he likes (loves) playing it.  Like a hobby for him, a alternative to the boring hum drum of being President and dealing with all the Washington stuff shirts day in and day out.

on: January 19, 2018, 05:36:38 PM 
Started by superspice_10 - Last post by BigRedDog
Not exactly what I meant.  We have always had the second reduced rate meter for the HWH as well (and I have to honestly say I cannot remember a time when they turned it off at an inconvenient time...

What I was referring to was they replaced the old meters with new digital meters (both the regular and the HWH  meter) last year sometime with 'smart meters' that look much different. My question is, are those meters readable remotely (at their facility somewhere) or do they still drive around and read them.  I haven't see a 'meter reader' for a long time.

The reduced rate meter is quite a bit cheaper.

We just got our 'smart' electric meter a few months back and haven't seen a Consumer's meter reader since. I'm assuming they somehow communicate with it over the power lines themselves.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10