MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Wildlife Photos...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildlife Photos...  (Read 30513 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Wildlife Photos...
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »

When I left the blind this morning I stopped and pulled the memory card from the trail camera that sits kind of in front of my blind.  My 10 pointer had been standing in front of the blind about 45 minutes before I got there!!!  Gives me a little extra incentive to get back out there this afternoon.  It's raining here but not real hard...   wish it was snow!!!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »

Good luck BRD!  If you need to get rid of any deer sausage keep me in mind.   ;)
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »

Good luck BRD!  If you need to get rid of any deer sausage keep me in mind.   ;)
Which reminds me - you must not have made it Salmon fishing this year?   :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

No, I sure didn't Prof.

I was wandering around Mexico waiting for the next earthquake to strike while the Steelhead were following the Chinooks into the rivers.  I did catch some nice rainbows up in a mountain lake down there.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »

When I left the blind this morning I stopped and pulled the memory card from the trail camera that sits kind of in front of my blind.  My 10 pointer had been standing in front of the blind about 45 minutes before I got there!!!  Gives me a little extra incentive to get back out there this afternoon.  It's raining here but not real hard...   wish it was snow!!!

If you bag it, as soon as it piles up, cut the rear fore legs off at the first joint, I mean like right now.  Reason being is, even though the animal is no longer aspirating, the blood is still moving inside it and the scent glands on the legs are excreting hormone and that is what causes the 'gamey' taste in a Buck.  I learned that from professional guides out west.  First thing they do on any kill.  I carry a bone saw with me but you can also sever them at the joint with a good twist.  The sooner you do that, the less 'gamey' taste the meat will have.

The work always starts after the kill....lol

Bob Wentworth on Summerfield Road at 23 is processing this year.  Be sure to have the carcass tagged properly.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:17 AM »

I've been seeing a fox on the trail camera the last couple of weeks.  Looks like maybe he's scouting out the chickens next door...   maybe he'll get that noisy rooster!

I left the window open about 3/16 of an inch last night...   and I heard Mr. Rooster 'waking the world' about 5am!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up